Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hows peoples Boomkin Dps/Dmg numbers in raids atm?

Currently a little worried about my numbers, i'm following the elitejerk rotation reforge guide in full 346 gear cept bracers/cloak atm but still only pulling at my absolute peak 12 and averaging 11k on boss's while i'm fighting against other class's doing upto 18k (Hunter and Feral Dps) so curious if its just me clearly missing something, or are we just a little lack luster atm.

Rotation: MF - IS - Sfire - Ssurge - Sfall - keep going til i proc my SE - W spam, while refreshing DoT's and popping Ssurge whenever its off CD - rince and repeat

Using ForteX for tracking DoT's/CD's

Any numbers from others and advice would be ni9ce if i've missed anything.
    (these are only boss situations and numbers, so not aoe shiz pls )

Deleted
    damage is my offspec but since its not too differnt now-a-days i get about 10k DPS on boss fights with that rotation could probably pump a few extra k if i had proper trinkets and gear

Deleted
    Hunters are op atm (don't know about ferals though) and maybe not the best dps class to compare yourself with as a hybrid class. I easily pull some 15-16k on boss fights with average gear level 335 as a survival. Waiting for the nerf bat!

Deleted
    might be a hybrid but still 11k in pre raid gear is absolutely pathetic, makes me wanna go feral dps aswell, but ofc my guild is full on melee

It will get better, but in the future never compare yourself to a pure dps class. It will always end in frustration. You may be having some slight operator error issues, but my numbers are not dramatically different. I pulled just above 13k on our recent Nefarion 10 man reg kill. Only real advice I can give is to refine your rotation a bit and get better gear.

I pulled 15k in around i341 during Argaloth a few weeks ago and about 12.5k during the same fight at i345 during the same fight this week, so there is still a little bit of RNG to our dps, but the way you described your rotation, it sounds pretty similar to mine. The only thing you may not have specifically noted that I do is refreshing your dots every time you hit eclipse. Our dots are based on stats when they are initially cast, not present stats, so you want them refreshed as soon as either eclipse procs, but you may already be doing that. Also, I always Ssurge before Sfire, but that should be minimal. Generally wait for lunar eclipse for starfall, pop trees when running in to most fights, spam Mfire during any sort of prolonged movement.

If you post your spec and glyphs, might be able to help further. I generally get around 10k on heroic bosses and 12k-14k on raid bosses that don't require lots of movement or aoe.

EDIT: DOH! just noticed your armory link, will update this post with comments if necessary

Only thing I noticed that might help with your spec is picking up trees and dropping the point from dreamstate. They can be a huge dps increase especially if paired with BL. I haven't noticed any mana problems since dropping dreamstate myself, unless hurricane spams are needed. As far as glyphs go, maybe consider glyph of focus instead of monsoon. I don't find myself using typhoon much during boss fights at all except for fights like magmaw, in which case the CD is short enough already. I think you will find the 10% dmg increase from starfall more beneficial, especially if accompanied with lunar eclipse.

Just my 2¢
    Last edited by Inzane47; 2011-01-10 at 03:17 PM.

I can't see your Balance gear so I can't help you with that. You might want to specc into Treants though.

Some hints about your rotation you might be missing:
    If your DoTs run out and you have to refresh them while not in an Eclipse, make sure you refresh them again before the end of the next eclipse, even if they are still running for 5-6 seconds.
    Use starfall during Lunar Eclipse if possible.
    Remember to spam Moon-/Sunfire (and refresh IS if necessary) while moving.
    Edit: Moon-/Sunfire does more damage than IS therefore you will want to apply IS first so MF/SF gets the haste benefit from nature's grace.

I'm pulling about 14.5k to 16.5k DPS with an average gear level of 349, depending on the encounter.
    Last edited by Rokhgar; 2011-01-10 at 03:18 PM.

Doing about 13-16k in 10 man, did some reading and will be tweaking my rotation on aoe packs this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    Currently a little worried about my numbers, i'm following the elitejerk rotation reforge guide in full 346 gear cept bracers/cloak atm but still only pulling at my absolute peak 12 and averaging 11k on boss's while i'm fighting against other class's doing upto 18k (Hunter and Feral Dps) so curious if its just me clearly missing something, or are we just a little lack luster atm.

Rotation: MF - IS - Sfire - Ssurge - Sfall - keep going til i proc my SE - W spam, while refreshing DoT's and popping Ssurge whenever its off CD - rince and repeat

Using ForteX for tracking DoT's/CD's

Any numbers from others and advice would be ni9ce if i've missed anything.
    (these are only boss situations and numbers, so not aoe shiz pls )
    Im pulling between 18k and 25k in current raid content, and my gear isnt the best. Use Glyph of starsurge instead of Wrath if you are still using that one, its alot better, Also a slight change to your rotation would help.

Is First and Then Mf, Mf is more powerfull than is and therefore you want to proc natures grace with IS to get an extra tick from your Mf, I know this doesnt seem like a huuge change, but it can help alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Goomerpile View Post
    It will get better, but in the future never compare yourself to a pure dps class. It will always end in frustration
    Can't tell you how much I disagree with this sentence. Always compare yourself to a pure dps class. It will end up with you improving your game. The only pures we can't pace right now hunters / locks and GC has stated both are due for a scale-back. Boomkins played well should be outputting numbers every bit on par with pure dps classes.

At OP, your numbers are definitely low. You're logged out in feral gear, so I can't tell you if it's gear related or play-related. Some of it is spec related. Some of it may be play / rotation related. Check out links in my signature for boomkin rotation strategy and encounter videos. Those may help any of the play / rotation issues. If you log out in PvE, I can probably help you on any gear/chanting/setup issues.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Deleted
    I've never understood why a "hybrid" should not be as good as a "pure". Hybrid classes does not exist in WoW. You can't DPS with a healer spec and you can't heal with a DPS spec even if you play a "hybrid" class. What is a hybrid anyways? Someone who can do more than one thing? Than warriors and death knights are hybrids too because they can tank and DPS as well. If you spec DPS then that's your role, that's what you will do in raids. Yeah, you can throw some heals but that's gonna significantly nerf your DPS anyways so what's the big deal?

Fortunately, Blizzard seems to have already realized this and made Feral tanking/DPS and Moonkin DPS competetive.

I changed main spec to feral dps for this reason... Atm im running duel dps specs (feral/boom) for raid purposes since alot of content doesnt really lend well to melee. Both specs are geared to 350+ (offtopic: How does one begin with raid with ilvl330 or ilvl340 gear? I mean, a couple of rep items and a few BoEs and your at ilvl350... Boggles my mind lol). Boom feels sluggish, without the appropriate stats (hit cap and haste stacking) and the appropriate buffs (lust) it falls short imo. The only time ive ever felt boom was the better option was during the ascendant council encounter...

We are only a casual 10m raiding guild though with only 3 down in BRD and 2 down in TB so im assuming boom will come into its own later on. For now though im happy playing feral. The priority system lends better to my playstyle and with on demand burst it provides im seeing much better dps results. Im usually either #1 or #2 on dps charts, often behind our lock (hes our only clothie dps and had picked up a tonne of loot... Compared to me whos only gotton one piece of raid loot :P). Was like 23k dps on halfus last night, it might not be the best way to judge dps what with the buffs/debuffs ect but it made me happy lol.

[edit] Just looked at your profile. You have a stam gem in your gloves, your not hitcapped and your spec is off. Im not gonna sit here and link you to EJ stuff telling you exactly whats best and 100% blahblahblah cause im not a fan of that...

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfMdR...ZMcz:RabmVR0mz

Is the spec i use for my boom. I stack spirit over hit rating wherever possible (i think my only "hit rating" item is the trinket from HoO) so i have pretty nice regen, ergo i do fine without moonglow. I run utility glyphs for the most part because if im not bressing and innervating healers i might aswell have rolled a mage or just went in with my feral spec (even then my bres is on cd most times).

The only PvE reason i can see to have Gale Winds and Fungal Growth is adds on Magmaw (again, i may change that opinion further into progression) but tbh i told my raid leader that i wasnt gonna AoE adds anymore because its silly... Chances are you have a mage/hunter/dk/ect in your raid so Fungal Growth is wasted and Hurricane hits like a wet noodle and even when glyphed is a mana hog... I pop starfall and typhoon the adds back if they get too close, other than that im 100% boss dps.
    Last edited by Stabatya; 2011-01-10 at 05:15 PM.

I'm finding balance just fine. I've not really raided with it before, in wrath I was always resto/cat, so balance is a new thing. I am resto main spec and use the same gear for both, I was doing 13k in my 10man last night. Gear is HC blues with engi helm and wildhammer neck/waist.

It was very easy to play, only thing i had to look up was glyphs.

I just ran some very quick tests between my boom (348) and feral (351) on a test dummy (Yeah i know test dummies dont account for raid buffs/debuffs and all that... I also realise my boom set is 348 equipped as opposed to the 350 i thought but i think thats cause i switched bracers from epic PvP bracers which still rank higher in RAWR than the ones i have equipped... Anyways...)

Ran basic boom rotation, casting starsurge on cd;
    (is > mf > starsurge > wrath spam till eclipse > is > mf > starfire spam till eclipse)
    11.5k dps sustained.

Ran basic feral priority;
    (keep mangle, rake, rip and sroar up while spamming shred and fbing off extra cp)
    16.5k dps sustained.

I logged out in my boom spec/gear so you could see.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehopper/simple

Pretty substantial difference ;x.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmyth View Post
    Im pulling between 18k and 25k in current raid content, and my gear isnt the best. t.
    Really now? id like proof of this, iv not seen a moonkin pass 17k in any fight anywere.

Im currently 8/12 in raids , im pulling 12-14k depends on the fight.

Also ignore hunter and DKs retarded 3 button spamming 20k+ dps rotations, nerfs are inc.
    Last edited by mmoc796e664f5d; 2011-01-10 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream View Post
    really now, id like proof of this, iv not seen a moonkin pass 17k in any fight anywere.

Im currently 8/12 in raids , im pulling 12-14k depends on the fight.

Also ignore hunter and DKs retarded 3 button spamming 20k dps rotations, nerfs are inc.
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...Balance_Druid/

take a look around.

in 25mans depending on the fight or if I eff up and die I am at or around top 5 in damage done/dps. Argaloth I did 19.2k overall and 3rd in damage done. 2 hunters beat me (of course). I don't find our single target dps bad at all. my Target swapping dps on fights kinda screws me up but I Swap out different glyphs for different fights to help. with the change to glyph of Wrath I do think it will be the best overall to use for single target fights.

I can't post my armory but my ilvl is 350. check out Bashaudar. I'm the only one that comes up on the armory.

Deleted

Really now? id like proof of this, iv not seen a moonkin pass 17k in any fight anywere.
    Really? I was with a moonkin in a random heroic the other day who was pulling 22k+ on trash, and at least 17k on every boss.

Not sure how he did it, but that's what my recount said.

"Anywhere on any fight," is what the challenge was. :P