Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshavah View Post
    heres my question, was he/she/it the only tank? i mean was he/she/it solo tanking it? because if you had 2 tanks he could have roic leaped into the adds laided down teh law with blood and thunder and a shockwave and then charged back to the boss, all the ticks and the aoe damage could have boosted his/her/its dps that high. However if they had the damage to compliment their DPS, or were soloing it, then well... can i has name and server so i know who to bribe to come tank for my guild?! and from one warrior tank to another, give that guy a big hi5 for me.

OH! and a quick side thoght, due to almost all of the tanks abilities taking their extra damage from AP the Vengence might have amp-ed his thunder clap/blood and thunder as well as his roic leap and his shockwave. if thats what he did :X

the answers to all of your questions have all been answered with great details in the posts above yours

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hybrid tax for dks? Yeah... dks aren't hybrids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g1ner View Post
    Yeah I don't understand this either, surely with this dps you could have as many tanks as you want in a raid, hey...even have all tanks fill out your dps spots.
    Tank DPS will always be dependant on damage taken (See Rage and Vengeance) so no you would never see DPS replaced by all tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshavah View Post
    heres my question, was he/she/it the only tank? i mean was he/she/it solo tanking it? because if you had 2 tanks he could have roic leaped into the adds laided down teh law with blood and thunder and a shockwave and then charged back to the boss, all the ticks and the aoe damage could have boosted his/her/its dps that high. However if they had the damage to compliment their DPS, or were soloing it, then well... can i has name and server so i know who to bribe to come tank for my guild?! and from one warrior tank to another, give that guy a big hi5 for me.

OH! and a quick side thoght, due to almost all of the tanks abilities taking their extra damage from AP the Vengence might have amp-ed his thunder clap/blood and thunder as well as his roic leap and his shockwave. if thats what he did :X
    . . . There's someone in my guild with your username o_O

Issat you?

Hybrid tax for dks? Yeah... dks aren't hybrids.
    They kind of are...according to Blizzard's definition anyway.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hybrid dps tax is a retarded idea anyway. I don't bring a frost dk for his utility unless it's something like chains for a tricky add (think heroic LK) and that's nothing a pure can't bring like a rogue's crippling poison, a mage's frost bolt, etc. I bring a frost dk for his dps. Period. Maybe his interrupts but again, a rogue can interrupt too and that's not considered hybrid utility. I don't bring a frost dk because he can offtank some adds in case the tank dies. He can't. He'll die in a couple hits.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Hybrid dps tax is a retarded idea anyway. I don't bring a frost dk for his utility unless it's something like chains for a tricky add (think heroic LK) and that's nothing a pure can't bring like a rogue's crippling poison, a mage's frost bolt, etc. I bring a frost dk for his dps. Period. Maybe his interrupts but again, a rogue can interrupt too and that's not considered hybrid utility. I don't bring a frost dk because he can offtank some adds in case the tank dies. He can't. He'll die in a couple hits.
    Well (unfortunately) World of Warcraft isn't run on your vision nor your opinions. Any class that has a spec(s) with a function that differentiates completely (ie tank->dps->heal) can be considered a Hybrid.

An example I would use is I am a Prot warrior however I go Fury on fights that do not require more than one tank (read Valiona/Magmaw). A rogue or a frost mage does not have this option. Hybrids give raids a lot more flexibility so if you take a step back and have another look at the Hybrid tax it actually makes a lot of sense.

P.S. The Hybrid tax is not as punishing as once before (in fact the example you mentioned: DKs seem to be doing great in terms of dps [both Frost and Unholy]).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe the hybrid tax has ever existed. It's just something Blizzard talks about to shup up the pures because it's a monumentally bad idea.