4.0.6: play Arms Warrior or Ret Pally with my 3s team?

Hi all,
    I've got a disc priest and feral druid as partners in 3v3 Arena and I was wondering with the upcoming changes in 4.0.6, what would theoretically be the better toon to play with them - a Warrior or a Pally?

I've got a warrior and a pally and am totally open to playing either of them and perhaps even play protection spec if the comp synergy makes the most sense.

Thanks in advance.

I think with the warrior nerfs, they'll still be stronger than ret.

Quote Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
    I think with the warrior nerfs, they'll still be stronger than ret.
    Is that taking into consideration my partner's classes, too? I thought a pally well-timed shield or cleanse on my priest buddy who's always FF'd could be a tide turner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how over powered offensive dispels are & will still be even after they get nerfed & the fact that so far on the ptr they have screwed retribution survivability up even more then it already is your far better off taking a warrior.

They may have increased the damage potential & burst of ret slightly on the ptr but the resource generation ret needs for casting Templar's verdict & word of glory went down the toilet. After this warriors & every other melee class will have better survivability & self healing.

Unless they find a way to increase holy power generation speed & give at least 1 attack a guaranteed chance of creating a charge you will see representation of ret paladins drop like a rock.

On terms of Prot paladins though they may just increase due to the fact they will be getting a base line interrupt which will make them even more powerful vs casters.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Warrior, the Warlock Felgard is more viable than the Retlol.

I doubt that now's all set for ret. The PTR just opened up and there will be coming more. Honestly, they cannot leave Ret how it is on PTR right now. You fall asleep in PvE and you take a year to incite your DMG Potential in PvP. Divine Protection and Wings are still dispellable.. Just no way this is supposed to be viable. The change to mastery, however, is a step in the right direction. Though it should not be based on the dmg dealt with TV, CS or DS, but instead on its potential. Otherwise the DMG vs highly armored and resilience stacked players will be even lower considering the ramp up time.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    On terms of Prot paladins though they may just increase due to the fact they will be getting a base line interrupt which will make them even more powerful vs casters.
    Can prot pallies put out decent damage in arenas?

I know that as a prot warrior, I tend to have problems outputting damage unless i'm being FF'd. I wouldn't expect a prot pally to put out the damage of an Arms Warrior or a Ret Pally but as long as it's not gimped, going Prot Pally sounds appealing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot paladins put out just as good or better damage in arena as ret paladins do, they don't have quite as much burst but that is easily made up by the fact almost all their damage is holy & thus bypasses armor & by the fact they have a great deal more survivability.

They also have a 3 second silence/6 second daze on a 15 second Cd which can be reset by CS or HOR & bring all the utility that ret does. (the daze/silence by far outweighs the run speed boost ret brings, & the divine sacrifice can be a great benefit when an ally is getting focused when combined with a hand spell or backup heal).

Not to mention that after next patch they will also have the interrupt that ret does.

As far as gearing goes go for as much strength as you can after that go for resilience & stam.

On my prot paladin I easily see 20k shield of the righteous crits & 14k avengers shield crits before you count in resilience or vengeance.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-01-10 at 08:24 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Cool... thanks everyone for the feedback! I posted a similar post in the Warriors boards and after 55 views, I didn't get a single reply or piece of advice. Glad the pally forums are a bit friendlier.