I posted the below on Bliz forums, while I know chances of anything like this being done are probably low, would like to know what the WoW/MMO-Champ community thinks of an encounter like this.
I didn't see a suggestion forum anymore, so I will post this here. This is just an idea, but I think it would be interesting and unique. It may not work at all, as I don't know how it would balance properly with people wanting in and who gets in, etc... But anyway:

They should add make a WG/TB-esque war zone modeled after the Valithria Dreamwalker Boss fight in ICC.

The defending faction wants to keep the dragon alive, the attacking wants to kill it, obviously. To make it so there isn't utter chaos on the dragon, there are 4 flag locations (spawn locations as well) around the instance, that when controlled, affect how the dragon takes damage or heals. To start, the dragon only takes 20% healing done and 20% damage done to it. For each flag the defending team holds, healing done to it is increased by 20%, and for each flag the attacking team holds, damage done is increased by 20%. Capping all flags allows for normal damage or healing done to the dragon.

For example, if the attacking group controls all flags, the dragon is taking normal damage and 20% healing. If the defending group holds all the flags, then the dragon takes 20% damage and normal healing.

There are also 5 entry ways to the lair of the dragon. To start, only 1 is open. The other paths to the Dragon can be opened when the attacking group controls the flag it is linked to. Meaning, if the attacking group controls Flag X, Gateway X is open to the dragon. If the defending group takes over Flag X, Gateway X is closed. This is a design for the current heal/dps setup, where healing output is far below the dps output. Only having one way in allows ample time for the defending group to remove opposing members in the area and heal up the boss while the 1 gateway is defended. But if they lose the flags, a lot of dps will be flooding in.

This would allow unique battles at multiple locations. Again, there is most likely balancing issues I haven't thought of as the idea came to me when reading Mumper's Tol'Barad explanation. But I just thought it would be a unique environment. I know something like this wouldn't be implemented in Cata (If ever), but would like to know what you all think.