Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Using the LFG and posting on MMO-Chamption about it!
    http://z0r.de/2097

Just dont do it. Dont use the LFG if you cant handle the truth! Its out there!

Just quit man, if you're too obsessed with other people being baddies then the only thing you can do is to quit the game...

I enjoy puging, i've done it since i started playing (been playing almost since the release of it) and i do it everyday... Pugging actually is a good way to improve your skills, not only with your character but also as a person willing to teach other to be better players.

Just remember back when you weren't the best player arround (if you actually are a good player) and stop looking the rest of the people from over your shoulder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    Using the LFG and posting on MMO-Chamption about it!
    http://z0r.de/2097

Just dont do it. Dont use the LFG if you cant handle the truth! Its out there!

i love you for that website link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampsuuna View Post
    Same topic discussed in the US official forums, but since i can't post there and want to know your methods, i made this topic.

Everyone has played with an ignorant gamer, especially when were on the WoW forums post-LK. Maybe tank that turns his back on the mob to run away or a healer that goes ninja afk after boss pull. Dps that randomly taunts or pulls without the tank approving or while the healer is drinking. Personally i kept my cool easily from autumn 2006 to pre-cata. I never had anger management issues before Cataclysm where after 2 years of faceroll -> epox most of the players had lost their real touch to the game. To be honest, i haven't played wow in 9 days because of this issue. As a player that plays every role in the game when feeling like it, i just can't stop hitting my head to the keyboard when i use LFG-tool, as any class.

I really need your advice or else its /ragequit from the game until they implement something that uses much more than the ilvl to prove playing skill.

Ps. No, i don't consider myself a bad player, i really hate to say this since it sounds very egoistic to my ear, but i believe i am above casual ignorant noobs that wont take a word of advice. NOTE: I don't mean casual players with that sentence, they can usually play and enlighten my day.
    Well I had the same problem where I was arguing bout them being wrong and shaping up, but as always, when im going to bed, I make up stories where I am this sensitive guy, which never gets mad. So I promised myself, never ever argue again Joe! And so I kept that promise, I'm just letting someone else handle the bad guy.

I always try to stay positive and encourage those who appear to be struggling. I know that being a pompous or overly critical ass isn't going to help anyone. I always try to say, "Don't get discouraged." Or "Maybe we should try this?" It usually seems to work for most people.

Though, just this weekend, I was the PuG healer for a guild run. They must have been the "Junior Varsity" for the guild because they were terrible. The tank couldn't hold aggro, was always letting mobs run past him to go punch my face, always running or standing in aoe damage, he had the "Dazed" debuff on him so much, I thought it was something I should be able to dispel and not only that, no one else in his group could figure out how to CC -- constantly trapping the wrong mob, or breaking the CC from a poorly placed AoE.

After multiple wipes and biting my lip due to their overwhelming ignorance, they had the good idea to kick me from their group because they thought I was the problem. I was furious that they would kick me from the group when I was being as patient as I could be with their noobish mistakes.

Then I just requeued with my husband, was in a new group in 5 minutes and we rolled through Tol'vir like we were prancing in a field of daffodils.
    Last edited by dirtydomino; 2011-01-10 at 09:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Humor and general patience. It's just a game, no need to rage over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    There are only 2 options.

1. Pug your runs using the LFD and expect to get scrubs
    2. Run with a guild and know that every member is competent

If you don't like guilds then expect to get random scrubs.

Personally I'm usually pretty stoned when I play (does not affect my performance in a negative way). So nothing bothers me lol.
    I wish I was able to do that... my reactions get sloooooow

That leads me to another issue, and im talking about the fact that enjoying the full Cataclysm, you must be in a guild.
    I personally feel that this is the way that it should be... it was kinda embarrassing when a full pug could down LK and almost all of the hard modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found it's quite hilarious just to sit back and observe the terribleness and the raging reactions of other people. When you see someone die like a total idiot, sometimes it's just so pathetic you have to laugh.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    in my experiences people are rarely JUST ignorant. if they really don't know they pick up on thing pretty quick. or at least try to.

If they continue to do something that irritates, frustrates or just generally pisses you off, i'd be more inclined to believe they are likely doing it on purpose just to piss someone off. otherwise known as trolling.

generally i've found if i really do have to pug a heroic for the day, i'll take a friend. so long as i at least have one person i can whisper back and forth with trash talking the morons in our group. Ventrilo is even better cause then you don't have to stand there and type everything. But yea, at least one friend to talk with helps. but i've seen a few threads similar to this and they all seem to suggest guild runs. or at least a group of people you know that aren't eating paint chips.
    O.o

I just try to vote kick them. If it doesn't go through and we've killed a boss, I just leave.

The ignorant players don't really bother me usually. Maybe I am too laid back, or have a twisted outlook on things, but I usually find them quite entertaining. Most PuG runs I do are with my wife or a guildie, and so we usually have fun talking about them as we play. Even if I am "alone" in a PuG, there is typically one other person in the group who I end up having a /whisper conversation about them, like: "Wow. Just wow. This mage cracks me up."

So, I guess I deal with it by using it as a source of entertainment. If their mistakes are threatening to make us fail, I try and take it on as a challenge to still keep the group alive despite the fact that we have a saboteur in our midst. If I like the player or feel bad for them, I might /whisper them and let 'em know what they are doing wrong, but I don't get angry. Think of ignorant players as an unlimited source of comedy.

Arrogant players, on the other hand, now those I have problems keeping my cool with...

When i enter LFG i switch my chat tab to combat log.
    Problem solved, then they are just pawns in my instance of madness, if i fail, i care not, and requeue.

My rogue is lvl 65. I was in Underbog last night (doing 600 dps as assassination) and I was with a PuG filled of 3 guild members from another server. The tank was a warrior, dps was a hunter, and the healer was a druid. The other PuG'd DPS was a mage that died and couldn't find his way back into the instance.

The guildmates proceeded to roll need on everything, pull everything non-stop, and wouldn't loot or rezz. After the first boss, they said - "l2p rogue" and "bring up your dps." Well... I can't bring up my dps if I can't stack my CP's by constantly pulling mobs of 5-6 while never stopping (we didn't actually stop til the last boss). I also stated... I have no AoE and no pet. I think at lvl 65 my dps was fine for not being able to stealth, keep up, or stack my CP's.

So we get to the last pull before the boss (the mage has been dead since the third pull and the healer won't rezz, so he releases and he's lost the rest of the time we're in Underbog). I finally have time to stealth, garrote, start stacking CP's... and right off the bat, I get aggro. I feint and pop evasion. The tank just stands there along with the hunter and the healer. No dps on the target, no intercepting from the aggro. I hit vanish and right when I do - I die.. after getting the mob down to about half health. No heals - nothing. I die. I ask for rezz - they said, "Don't get aggro."

Now, this said guild is a respected guild on Lothar (alliance), and I found NOTHING that they did respectful or fun. I know they are about to pull the last boss and they won't rezz. So I don't release. I just lay on the ground and wait for them to finish so I can at least get a loot bag from the random LFD.

My reason for this post? Know-it-all gamers that think everyone is stupid. There are a variety of reasons why someone's dps can be low. Now, if they are an actual newbie and don't get the game - I don't mind sitting back and explaining some of their game mechanics (especially if I also know the class), but sometimes you really can't fix stupid. How do I not /facepalm in every single LFD I get on low levels? Reminding myself that at lvl 85 I will be with the rest of my guildies and I can run the dungeons with them. Thank GOD.
    Last edited by MoarDots; 2011-01-10 at 10:05 PM.

the only time i got close to raging was in wrath on my belf dk farmboy alt doing a few heroics for hierlooms, i would get picked on purely for being a belf dk. but then i remembered that i knew i was doing what i was supposed to do and one faceless muppet firing off offensive acronyms and wow'isms wasn't nearly as much of a problem as my overdue electric bill and settled back into my usual state of relaxed enjoyment. people are sometimes dicks, not gonna let them ruin my day
    somebody call for d doctor?

i beat all the dungeons and am at jp cap and have my volcanic drake. sometimes i queue in the lfd just for the lulz

I don't keep my cool in randoms with retarded players. I let them know exactly how and why they effed up, and if they give a wise-ass comment, I VTK or I leave if it fails.

How do you manage to keep your cool with ignorant gamers?
    I don't. I kick them, or leave the group myself. I can't be bothered to carry bad players.

i have also become extremely angry and frustrated with the cata expansion. It feels extremely slow to porgress any towards the endgame content. So im just gonna level a toon.

Im a tank myself, and mostly run with guild groups, but i have no issue with kicking a bad dps or if the dps just ignores me bluntly... people are bad thats that you cant change that, and QQ about it doesnt help, get a set group do your heroics that way, problem solved.