Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My personal healing and tanking rant...

I love tanking and healing. But god damnit... I can't take it anymore. EVERY SINGLE random dungeon I get into its just fucking morons who blame either the tank or heals for problems.

Even when im on my mage dpsing and its clearly the fault of the dps they blame either the tank or healer.

I was just healing on my priest and the dps didnt nuke down the adds and the tank was on facebook tabbing ( im assuming )

I want to tank and dps the most. But I cannot stand the attitudes of people... goin back to my mage now... ill still have fun but i like more challenging roles.

"The only consistent feature in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you."

Run with guildies OP. It will make your life soooooooooooooo much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it depressing yet slightly comical how terrible people are at this game?
    "The truth, my goal."

Switched PvE tank -> PvP Ret today..

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJoe View Post
    "The only consistent feature in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you."
    Correlation isn't causation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Isn't it depressing how terrible people are at this game?
    fixed, really sometimes.. i just leave, i cant stay if the next critter in there rewarded 999k valour points, and got rid of the cap on them, it gets so bad
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyJoe View Post
    That's elegantly put

If I could make one suggestion to your personal rant; instead of ranting on here, a post that will more than likely attract a feed of trolls, why don't you explain to the dps/make sure the tank is not facebook tabbed as you assume?

Also you contradict yourself starting with you love tanking and healing and end with you want to tank and dps the most, so this comes across that you feel your the best at all of the roles and no one matches up to ?

I meant heals ( not dps at the end ). Was typing my rant out while the blood was boiling lol. Honest to god, the 1st one i joined had skeletons all over the place at this boss. 1st one in Grim. I tried to explain. It was like asking Tom Cruise to denounce Scientology. It just wasnt going to happen. The 2nd one was the first boss in stonecore. We had 3 dps that could aoe. And after I explained the dps need to aoe the crystals. No one did... Not once. I imminently left.

And yes, I would love to with guildies. But they are all in school or at work. I got 3 85s. My bear tank, My priest healer, and my Fire Mage

This is the reason I never pug! Not all my guildies are to 85 yet due to the holidays, but I would rather wait then go through hell in pugs.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it's just part of the role. If you know it's not your fault, it's not your fault, and you shouldn't be concerned with how others think of you. If worse comes to worse, just leave. Healers have quick queues, and tanks insta-queues, so just move on.

I've run into more problems with arrogant tanks than anything else. In my experience with running about 3-4 heroics a day, tanks are more often the ones who are bitching about dps, posting dps in the chat, and ranting/raving if someone happens to fumble the ball; even when it was clearly their mistake to begin with. Then they immediately leave the group without giving anyone a second chance.

I'm a healer and I often do heroic runs with fellow guildies who are still trying to gear up, adjust to the new mechanics of their class and/or learn all the dungeon runs. I try to explain things thoroughly to them because I know, as raiders since Vanilla days, that they can do a plethora of complicated things. But more often than not, tanks don't have the patience to wait for even that.

I'm normally very tolerant and patient when it comes to strings of bad players as a healer.

However yesterday i got removed from the group after a wipe on the first boss in Heroic Grim Batol (mana ran out when the boss probably only had 10k-100k left, seriously not much at all).

The funny part is we would have had it easy if the mage hadn't epic failed the very first Blitz of the fight and got splattered all over the floor meaning we basically 4 manned him to that point.

It was at that exact moment the straw hit, and the camel's back broke. I can slowly feeling myself turn in to one of those jaded healers that let people die doing stupid stuff (even when it would have no effect on ability to keep tank up) and leaving the second a group gives me undue crap about stuff that's not my fault.

There are so many threads of this nature that a large portion of the MMO-C General Discussion forum population needs to just server transfer and start a Guild.

Imagine all the world firsts....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post

And yes, I would love to with guildies. But they are all in school or at work. I got 3 85s. My bear tank, My priest healer, and my Fire Mage
    If your guild isn't on when you need them, switch guilds or go with non-guidlie friends. And use vent, because even if they screw up, you can have a vocal conversation about it, which imporves your group's ability to talk things out. I mean, it's way faster to explain yourself vocally than through chat, and it's easier to catch sarcasm :P

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydomino View Post
    I've run into more problems with arrogant tanks than anything else. In my experience with running about 3-4 heroics a day, tanks are more often the ones who are bitching about dps, posting dps in the chat, and ranting/raving if someone happens to fumble the ball; even when it was clearly their mistake to begin with. Then they immediately leave the group without giving anyone a second chance.

I'm a healer and I often do heroic runs with fellow guildies who are still trying to gear up, adjust to the new mechanics of their class and/or learn all the dungeon runs. I try to explain things thoroughly to them because I know, as raiders since Vanilla days, that they can do a plethora of complicated things. But more often than not, tanks don't have the patience to wait for even that.
    Well Said!

I've been debaiting on switching guilds too. Thing is, I been with the guild since the start of Cata. Lvld all my toons it. Done a lot with the gbank. Helping people out. But now its to the point where the most when I play is when people are gone. So with 3 85's all with different role specs. I shouldnt have a problem finding a new home

if I end up joining a random heroic in progress on my holy priest, I usually take a look around (count the number of skeletons) and then ask what the trouble has been. If the answer is "we kicked fail heals" then I cringe a bit, because everytime that's been said, the boss attempt immediately following it shows me that dps are standing in fire, not interupting the boss, or are doing terrible dps.

I have no tolerance or patience for it, especially since the previous healer was most likely more than adequate and was removed from a group that was blind to their own failures.

Joined a group last night in H Grim Batol. I zoned in where I guess the group had been standing, along the path to the first boss. I ask how far in they are and find out they're on forgemaster. Walking from there up to the boss shows a massive amount of skeletons littered all over the ground where the first boss had been, which made me cringe. I asked them what the issue was and they responded "kicked fail healer, couldn't keep tank alive and wasn't party healing"

To make sure they actually knew the fight, I asked if they knew to kite the mace, move behind the boss during shield and to avoid the rocks falling from the ceiling, and they all laughed like it was common knowledge and I was silly for bringing it up.

They pull the boss, and damage ensues. The rogue, lock and hunter aren't moving out of damage, and when the boss switches to his shield, all three dps took multiple ticks of damage before they even began to move to get behind the boss, and again failed to move for several more ticks of damage when he changed direction each time. I'm sweating bullets and firing out everything I have to keep them alive, PoM, PoH spam, CoH, and finally, after what felt like an eternity (both trinkets popped for regen, shadowfiend used, mana pot) the boss drops. They're barely at 10% health and I'm completely oom. They've taken a crapton of avoidable damage and I've just blown everything I could (couldn't use hymn of hope because there was no break in damage taken) to keep enough mana to heal them through it. I feel like I've just finished a fight against a crazy raid boss.

the lock says "see? lol, healer was fail"

Yeah...I usually finish that fight at 1/2 to 3/4 mana and have very little difficulty with it.

That, to me, is NOT a successful boss kill. I had no interest from there in continuing in that instance with those three dps. Not only did they still think their previous healer was terrible, they were completely unaware of just how much extra damage they'd taken, how much extra stress they were putting on the healer, and they were PROUD of themselves and cocky about it.

If this had been a new group inexperienced in heroics and just trying to learn it, I would have stayed and wiped as much as needed in the rest of the instance. Due to their attitudes, I ended up feeling like I needed to explain just how poorly they'd played there, almost in defense of the previous healer who obviously was pulling his/her hair out over that group.

Yes, I was a prick to them by refusing to heal them from that point forward and for telling them just how much extra damage they'd taken and how much harder it was to try and carry them through it. Their attitude and terrible play set me off. No excuse for my behavior, I reacted poorly. This is how I tend to react ALL the time now in a random where people take needless damage and act like entitled dicks. I get pissed off and refuse to continue with them.

OP, your rant isn't anywhere near as bad as I've become if I queue up for LFD and end up with people like this in my group. If you tell me you're new and learning, I'll work with you and forgive any mistakes. If you're a cocky prick and think you're hot shit when you suck, I'll cram it back down your throat. I enjoy healing, but I'm not here to heal stupid.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Run with guildies OP. It will make your life soooooooooooooo much better.
    I've been avoiding tanking dungeons for my guildies because they get inflated egos, go afk, and are often times rude to the random DPS we pick up. I don't really see why people think this is an option for everyone. Most of the idiots I've gotten stuck with in randoms also are guilds. Do those randoms magically become better then they are grouped with their own guild members?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fed up of joining a pug with 4 guys in the same guild and none of them have CC. Makes me worry as a healer