Thread: PuG Ret pallys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylon View Post
    if yer only 17k with full 359 ye fail at ret
    Then I must be god awful at ret. I now give you this opportunity to help make me better. Pass along some of your wisdom. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    last time in tol barad bastion 10 I was hitting for 13.2k dps as retribution

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a really good heroic stonecore pug group the other day and a ret pally did fantastic. I think he died once on the first boss but that usually takes pugs a few tries anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
    I'm calling bullshit. Link me your armory and let me see you in full 359+ gear that lets you do 17k single target... 9-10k is about right, but 17 is wayyy too high.
    You dont need a full 359 set to pull those numbers. Why dont people understand that ret is the spec that scales much better than any other class with better gear. I personally am only 348 ilvl and i can easily pull 17k on bosses that dont require large amounts of movement. Even in 329 gear, you should be doing at least 9-10k on heroic bosses. On algaloth, i can ususally be #2 or 3 on the deeps of course behind hunters and dk's if there are any. Yes, we all know ret is hindered right now, but that doesnt mean it's not playable

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/bruceleroi/advanced

I am sad then. Back to prot I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Psylon View Post
    im ussualy having problems finding tanks that can take my 23k nuke dps for about 40 sec on bosses... so frekking dam hard.... even with 2 HoS on me i still ussualy over aggro =/

OnT. i ussualy never go lfg because im allways getting shit tanks that cant take my dps threat. im ussualy peeking up to 40k tps wich is just sad because that blizzard removed the threat reduce from talents
    So..... Im having a tough time buying this....as broken as Ret is, and checking top raiding guilds in worldoflogs. and the fact that you claim a 17k is fail (if yer only 17k with full 359 ye fail at ret).I just dont believe it.....

It's alot of the player and not the class. I get asked all the time in PuG's whats my rotation because on their pally they cant get over 6k while I average 9-10k on trash and 12-13k when I get to stand still. My gear isnt great right now, I still have two greens & 2 316 blues. They arent hit capped and don't keep inquisition up. Yes, they fail. So many bandwagon Rets from Wrath rerolled other specs so they didnt have to take the time to learn the new Ret. It's not like its hard, I play Feral kitty as well so I'm used to tracking cd's and timers. To say that all PuG Rets will be bad is dumb. Rephrase it to all PuG players usually suck. You get at least one who cant pull their weight everytime. Im usually the top dps on boss fights and trash pulls, unless the adds have such little health that everyone else can AoE while I stick to single target. Ret is screwed right now on the AoE game.. it sucks & hopefully will be fixed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by daLaxC View Post
    last time in tol barad bastion 10 I was hitting for 13.2k dps as retribution
    We're talking about PuG's not raid. In raid 13.2k is low, so PuG you will be a lot less probably. I pull about 15-16k in a raid and am still only like 4th on the charts =/

RET WILL GET BETTER CROSS YER FINGERZ N TOEZ

It's the player, not the class. Ret isn't gimped, it's just a bit behind on other classes, but that doesn't justify being a very bad player. I have had no problems competing with other DPS in either a heroic dungeon or in raids, and I manage to be amongst the top DPS of the group. Ofcourse there are classes who do it a bit better, but if you sort your cooldowns, rotations, enchants, gear, stats etc. there can be no excuse for such bad performance as mentioned above. Every player, no matter the class, should be able to do 10k at least in heroics on bosses when entering one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iHeal View Post
    So my question is: Is there anyone here that have pugged a good retri paladin. NOT GUILDED Retri paladins, pugs.
    I've not encountered a decent one since Wrath and even then they were very rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got about 334 avg iLvl as ret, and I do easily 10k on a boss. I burst myself to 16k on certain fights, but due to mechanics, it won't last that long. But I usuall end up at 10-11k DPS if the mechanics don't require much movement.

Ret isn't good, but not as broken as people say. It's just not as faceroll as in Wrath.
    And as mentioned; ret scale well with gear. Get gear, and you will see numbers.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Good ret pallies don't exist. The spec is bottom tier and completely worthless.
    Was healing a Stone core Reg, and pally kept failing "skill" checks (standing in fire ect) at the end healing trink drops, he takes it and after i ask for it politely, he reply "this is to cover my repair bills" and leaves group....wtf!

I hate ret palys with a passion now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Revved View Post
    It's the player, not the class. Ret isn't gimped, it's just a bit behind on other classes
    I strongly disagree. With the longest ramp-up time in game and the need to build combo points, our DPS is utterly pathetic when switching targets regularly. This would definitely apply to heroic dungeons and raid encounters like Ominitron Defense System. Add to this the fact that rets have THE WORST AoE DPS and you have yourself an utterly pathetic DPS in a 5man. To pull reasonable numbers in a heroic, the ret pally has to be geared to the point where they need nothing from that level of instance.

Psylon is correct though. On several fights I regularly break 17-18k DPS (not counting gimmick fights like Halfus or Magmaw), but I can't count on it. Mind you, only half of my gear is epic while the rest is 346. From one attempt to the next, my DPS can fluctuate by as much as 15-20%. RNG in this amount is a recipe for disaster, but at least the devs are working on it working on it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a ret pala myself as my main got avg ilvl 351 or somthing like that, and tbh I don't think ret dps sucks that hard im pleased with the new mastery changes. at the moment im pulling around 12k steady on dummy's with inquisition but wihtout any other cooldowns. In randoms I usually go with guildies and stuff but I'm doing like 12-14k dps there aswell. no idea why everyone is complaining though it is alot different from wrath ofc but it didn't take me to get used to the new playstyle again its just practice atm. spend like 3 hours on a dummy to see what the best rotation was for my playstyle and stuck with it.

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

Ret is slightly broken with the current RNG which is being fixed in the next patch (thank god)

Was doing Blackwing descent average ilvl of 346 I have no problem bursting 19-20k and sustaining 14k~
    But sometimes it does come down to the stars aligning and getting procs. But 6k is just awfull. It sounds like they need to do some research.

ret aint that good atm, but it aint bad either tbf, with gear it becomes better, im yet to be topped in heroics but atm im sitting on 354ilvl or so. as for tb. im almost all the time on top with dk's/locks etc. just find great way of using your procs/cds etc.
    Last edited by chocbear; 2011-01-10 at 11:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Ret is not very good in 5mans. Bosses and trash don't last long enough.
    2. AoE for ret is so bad I dont even spec for Divine Storm, and I love Divine Storm.
    3. Ret is a bit more difficult now. It is certainly not the so-called faceroll of yesteryear.
    4. Ret is heavily reliant on RNG atm, further hindering us on fights that are short.

These 4 are the main reasons imo. however, there are certainly other reasons that will cause rets to appear poor in PuGs. Some are actually bad, some are just mediocre, others are good, though you won't be able to tell much in a 5man. The good ret paladins separate themselves in raids.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Ret is my offspec(tanking main) and I find it to do some pretty awesome damage. I often find mainspec dps from my guild working hard to keep up with my dps on boss fights. On trash we are a little weak but thats ok.

Right now due to our huge RNG, pretty much every ret out there should have the 'clcret' addon. With procs all over the place it is almost necessary to have the addon just to help you figure out what skill is best to use next. My dps easily jumped 1-2k on average in a boss fight because of that addon.

Ret right now is the best spec with the 3% damage buff. It does more dps than Arcane or BM.

Edit: OT, I've never seen a ret in heroics. I only play Ret if I have a guildie tank for me.
    Last edited by Kabbalah; 2011-01-11 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you saying you barely see ret paladins these days it must just be the luck of the draw. I end up with at least 1 in every pug I do and once I had 2. Thank goodness for Prayer of Mending.

Sounds to me like those ret pallies you had went and bought dual spec and assume that they can use any gear they have in any spec, and yes I've seen this many, many times as completely retarded as it sounds :/