Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agility - Agility only affects two things in a Death Knight: armor and crit chance. Overall, a Death Knight is better served by Crit Rating over Agility because Crit Rating will turn into more crit than Agility, as far as DPS goes.
    Source: wowwiki - I cannot post the whole link, coz I'm a new poster. Just use Google as I did.

So it seems to be bad for DK tanks to go for agi.....

Edit: As you can see, no avoidance - only armor. It's a bad stat and should not be chosen for tanks. Changed with Cata afaik.

Agi=/=armor
    Isnt str parry for DK's?

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant View Post
    What do you think the word "sustained" means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skals View Post
    It is false. DK's have an ability that grants them parry rating from strength, which is slightly lower than the rating from agility, but it does not compensate for overall dps and threat loss, also our mastery depends on how large our deathstrike hits are, so he may be gaining 0.2% dodge but losing some damage absorption.
    did you read this post before you posted yours?
    there is NO word sustained in this entire post which i stated when i said "(directed to skals)"

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    Edit: As you can see, no avoidance - only armor. It's a bad stat and should not be chosen for tanks. Changed with Cata afaik.
    as you can see agility provides avoidance and NOT armor. it gives crit and avoidance in tiny amounts to a dk.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philenia View Post
    Agi=/=armor
    Isnt str parry for DK's?
    Every tanking class (aside from druids obviously) receives Parry from Str now.

And the wowwiki post above was not correct in any phase of WoW. Agi always gave melee crit, armour and dodge to all classes. With 4.0.3 they removed the armour from it however.

Edit: The wowwiki quote seems to be made for DPS DKs, since it measures two damage increasing factors pre 4.0.3
    Last edited by Zao; 2011-01-11 at 08:04 PM.