Focus-Interrupt Macro

Hi
    I'm searching for a macro interrupting my focus, if it's in range (for example Shield Bash), but if it's not, just interrupt my current target. Everything should happen without changing current or focus target. I used this one

/cast [target=focus] shieldbash
    /cast shieldbash

but since few days the macro switches my current target to focus target... Has anyone an idea to fix it?
    thx feldi

Quote Originally Posted by Euerfeldi View Post
    Hi
    I'm searching for a macro interrupting my focus, if it's in range (for example Shield Bash), but if it's not, just interrupt my current target. Everything should happen without changing current or focus target. I used this one

/cast [target=focus] shieldbash
    /cast shieldbash

but since few days the macro switches my current target to focus target... Has anyone an idea to fix it?
    thx feldi
    /cast [@focus][] Shield Bash

Unfortunately macros do not check for range, so if you use:

Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists][]Shield Bash
    it will always try to bash your focus target as long as you have a focus. That is why I like to use:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, exists, harm][]Shield Bash
    In that macro I can mouseover any nameplate that is casting and bash it, and otherwise just bash my main target. Clearly replace to *at* with the correct symbol, stupid MMoChamp.

Does that mean I'm stupid now?
    I hope not, otherwise I'm sad.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-01-11 at 07:01 AM.

It's not possible to make a decision based on range, if you need to have the focus target available to bash then your best bet is likely a modifier to force an interupt on your current target when needed.

/cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Wind Shear; [@target,harm] Wind Shear; [@targettarget,harm] Wind Shear

replace wind shear with whatever interrupt you use, it will not interrupt your focus depending on range as i don't think that is possible. It should interrupt your forus first though if you have one, if not it will interrupt your target and if you target a friendly it will interrupt their target.

Sorry I couldnt give exactly what you wanted but I hope it helps all the same

Deleted
    Cleaned up variation of etodez's macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead,mod:ctrl][@mouseover,harm][] Shield Bash
    Description: will Shield Bash your focus target if you have a modifier key pressed (in this case, "Ctrl") and it is a harmful living target. Otherwise, it will Shield Bash any harmful target you mouseover that is in range or it will behave like ordinary targetted Shield Bash.

Note. @etodez and Marath: "harm" and "help" already include the condition of "exists" in their definition.