Thread: Need LnL tips

Need LnL tips

Hey guys i want to ask some things about LnL

What i do to if focus is full and i have LnL proc?
    I use ES > CS > ES > CS > ES but i read some people use ES > AC > AC > ES

And I understand that ES ticks around 2 seconds. I should use CS between ES on LnL proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    From EJ-
    Lock and Load is much more complicated than it was in Wrath of the Lich King because of the change to our resource system. In WotLK, mana was theoretically infinite like it was for most casters so our resource system was effectively time. Focus is certainly not infinite. Since cobra shot has a cast time, our resource system now is a mix of focus and time. This means that DPS (damage per second), DPCT (damage per cast time), and DPF (damage per focus) are all potentially relevant. The issue of explosive shot overwriting if cast back to back still exists.

Using a model and a sample gearset, I have the following theoretical damage for these abilities. Insert your own for more personalized results.
    Explosive Shot: 32700
    Arcane Shot: 17500
    Cobra Shot: 14750, ~1.65 second cast[

Some potential methods for LNL using these values:
    1. Explosive Shot, with 1s wait intervals
    Not recommended - you are missing out on a lot of potential focus regeneration via Cobra Shot.
    DPS: 32700*3/5 = 19620.00

2. Explosive Shot, weaving Cobra Shot
    Cobra Shots are weaved in to prevent Explosive Shot clipping
    DPS: (32700*3+14750*2)/(1.65*2+3) = 20253.97

3. Explosive Shot, Cobra Shot, Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot
    Arcane Shot after both charges on used on Explosive Shots to deal with a predicted high amount of pooled focus, and prevent clipping.
    DPS: (32700*3+14750+17500)/(4+1.65) = 23070.80

4. Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot
    Arcane Shot actually uses the second charge, but blows through the LNL proc quickly.
    DPS: (32700*2+17500)/3 = 27633.33

5. Explosive Shot spam, no wait
    This gets you 7 ticks of explosive shot instead of a potential 9, but gets the Explosive Shot cooldown going more quickly than any other method.
    DPS: (32700/3*7)/3 = 25433.33

Some more testing and actual data may need to be done, but #3 is probably the preferred method at low focus and #4 at high focus. It may change if you are capping on focus during LNL. Weaving in Kill Shots and/or Black Arrows will always be best, but those cases are relatively rare.

I generally use ExS/CS/ExS/AS/ExS.

ExS/CS/ExS/AS/ExS works... though a good chunk of focus regen goes to waste.
    Or you can use ExS/ExS/AS/ExS... it will clip some of the first 2 explosive shots, but wastes less focus.

Ideally... you want to use either:
    ExS/BA/ExS/AS/ExS
    or
    ExS/KS/ExS/AS/ExS
    but obviously those aren't always options.

ES > AC > AC > ES is bad, don't do it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use either:

ES>CS>ES>AS>ES

or

ES>CS>ES>BA>ES

Really depends on the situation.

Whenever I acceidently hit AS d uring a LnL proc, I curse very loudly at the dps I just lost >.>

If I'm focus capped when LnL procs I do ES>ES>AS>ES
    If not capped and low on focus ES>CS>ES>CS>ES
    ES>CS>ES>AS>ES if the first cobra shot after the first ES gets me near focus cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't waste LnL procs on AS, CS does about the same dmg for the most part and ES does a lot more.

i like to sneak in a Kill command when i proc LnL if i have enough focus but i generally use Cobra so i can get off 2 or 3 exp shots

Only try to sneak that Kill Command in if LnL procs at +75 focus. If you're 50-75 focus, use an ArS for the second charge. If less, ExS-Cobra-ExS-AS-ExS. That's been my rule of thumb anyhow. :P Kill Command won't be half bad once the buff to it hits too.