First off; Just came back to WoW for the launch of Cataclysm, after being gone since 2006 I believe. I played a mage at launch, and then a rogue a few months after they introduced the BG ranking system. This is my first time playing a healer, so I have no frame of reference worth mentioning.

Been playing mostly with a Warrior/Lock or DK/Lock in 3s, probably around 200 matches I guess. We're all noobs in WoW but experienced gamers. Frankly we're having a hard time climbing above 1700 rating. It's clear from looking at the rankings that our classes should be reasonably competetive. We all have 3000+ res thanks to blizzards TB fiasco.

I find my paladin being CC'd way to easily. Adding insult to injury is the complete and utter lack of CC on my part as well. I feel like I am just not able to compete with the utility of the other healers. Druids and especially shaman seem, to me, far superior in a small scale pvp environment. I realize LOS'ing properly probably takes months of practise, but nevertheless I feel like they have a ton of tools and options that I simply dont, while at the same time healing more or less as good as my class. LOS'ing is also available to those classes. :P (Paladins may or may not have superior healing if left undisturbed (?) but that feels irrelevant in this context, as it will simply never happen.)

I would like peoples opinions on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the healers in a pvp context, primary focus on arenas.

CC'ing and avoiding CC is clearly where the games are won these days. Like it or not. And from this perspective the Paladin just seems lacking.. Am I missing something? Am I suffering from "the grass is greener" issues? Or is, in fact, the grass greener on the shaman/druid side of the fence? (I will not reroll to priest as one of my regular teammates already plays one.)