Angry Troubles with Conclave of Winds

Hey everyone, just for some background I'd be willing to say that my guild is very competent. Our first raid week we 2 shot halfus, 3 shot Magmaw, 5 shot omnitron, and now we seem to have run into a little trouble. We went to try The conclave of winds fight for the first time today. after watching many videos (which were surprisingly vague, there doesn't seem to be a clear cut strat for this boss yet), I decided alright we'd put 2 ranged and a healer at rohash, all other dps and 1 healer and tank at anshal, and 1 healer and 1 tank at Nezir. Before I go any further here's our group makeup:

Tanks-
    Prot Paladin
    Blood DK

Healers-
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin

Dps-
    Unholy DK
    Elemental Shaman
    Destro Lock
    Fire Mage
    Fury Warr

After 12 attempts it'd always fall apart the same way, all is well until the first ultimate and rohash is usually 40-50% hp and anshal is usually 50-60% hp and we all go to nezir, which then results always in 3 deaths due to bosses 1 shotting people switching at random or ice patches being at the landing spot for all dps, our tanks are switching either very close to or at the same time as dps going over and its hectic, although I don't see when the tanks could have another opportunity to switch while ones tanking nature adds til the ultimate and they obviously don't want to eat Nezir's ultimate with all those stacked debuffs (or do they?). I was wondering if you could shed some light on our strat here, we need to know when tanks should swap and around what energy/how many stacks. There hasn't been a guide out there that has given me a time to swap yet aside from the tankspot vid where they seem to do what we are currently doing so its boggling my mind. Feel free to leave any useful tips for me and my guildies here =]. ty for your time.

How we finally did it (conclave was our first kill)

Shadow priest + afflic lock on wind
    Tank + Healer + rest of the DPS on frost
    Tank + healer on Nature

Our switches occur at the following points:

DPS and healers switch from frost over to nature during the Nuture cast(adds spawning) so they can kill the adds
    Tank swap + DPS back over to frost immediatly after adds die.

After first ulti all DPS switch to nature to burn him until 80 energy when they go back to frost to absorb damage and dps some more on frost(requires another ulti phase before nature dies)
    -Side note, a good judge for dps is if you kill nature before the 3rd adds cast.
    Healers still swap during the nurture cast, and tanks can either swap after adds die or prot pally can bubble off the stacks.

It works out for us that Nature and wind die at the same time, and frost is usually sitting at about 15-20% as the last target.

-For you guys, you either need to find a way to keep two ranged alive without a healer on wind, or just be ready to take a 3rd full ulti before you kill them off.
    -Also, the ice patch always gets put on the feet of someone on the platform, so don't have anyone standing by the landing point.
    Last edited by Kissmonstar; 2011-01-11 at 05:06 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 heal it with one a wind, rotating with one at frost, the OTHER at frost rotating with one at life. its a dps race near end, but not in mid.

There is no way you would make the enrage timer with 4 healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've downed this fight on 10-man the past weekend . It's really pretty easy - When you get to 70 stacks, call out "10 seconds to jump, be ready" and as long as none of your raid fails - at ~78 stacks say "3, 2, 1, JUMP" and everyone jumps at the same time. As long as no one fails, you should basically be in the air at almost exactly the same time. The DPS from nature should jump the same time the tank and healer does, not slightly before. You'll be landing at ~2 seconds before the ultimate goes up. We 2 shotted the fight on 10, after working on it on 25-man the day before.
    Last edited by Unrully; 2011-01-11 at 05:15 AM.

This is all very helpful, to unrully - if all are jumping at the same time, even while in mid air wouldn't the bosses cast their "no ones at this platform time to fsu debuff"? or is it too quick, and to Kissmonstar - that's an interesting strat but itd be the same thing were doing now but opposite, I think its just getting everyone to jump at the same time and that's the hard part because were talking a split second time frame of oh a DK landed .5 secs earlier then tank KABLAM dead unholy DK "wtf" on vent raid wipe everyones pissed and run back. all these strats make it seem so easy to switch healers/dps/tanks at the same time when that's not really how it went at all, maybe our tank wasn't reacting fast enough or taunting fast enough but idk, any tanks here that can give me their perspective? any other advice is still welcome too, I'd like to go in next week with the guild and try out a lot of these new strats/tips.

Well I'm our guilds pld tank, so I can tell you this: I've never seen anyone get one shot by any of the bosses. Our healers have taken a hit or two from the bosses while tanks were in the air and they survive just fine.

Quick question though, as you said what you are doing is the opposite. Which platform do you have the majority of your players on during the ulti? Also the nature boss, after the ulti, is doing 250% increased damage for 15 seconds, if for any reason you are trying to tank swap at that point, I could see a dps dying then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissmonstar View Post
    Well I'm our guilds pld tank, so I can tell you this: I've never seen anyone get one shot by any of the bosses. Our healers have taken a hit or two from the bosses while tanks were in the air and they survive just fine.

Quick question though, as you said what you are doing is the opposite. Which platform do you have the majority of your players on during the ulti? Also the nature boss, after the ulti, is doing 250% increased damage for 15 seconds, if for any reason you are trying to tank swap at that point, I could see a dps dying then.
    rofl ty this is what we were missing . . . all dps were switching to nezirs platform obv during ultimate. had 1 healer at wind and our healer and tank at nature. immediately after everyone went back to their original assigned spots, all of our dps are usually on nature at all times and the fact were always wiping after first ultimate is prolly cuz we have everyone at nature with the 250% increase dmg, although i don't see exactly why there would be a problem if a tank was on him even with that buff for 15, ithink were just failing at coordinated tank swaps, is everyone at frost platform rly easier? i feel like thats a ton more raid dmg.

EDIT: after 2nd read i saw that also we shouldnt tank swap right after ultimate

10+ Year Old Account
    Our setup and strategy for Conclave 10 man

Tanks: Blood DK, Prot Warrior
    Healers: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman
    DPS: Frost DK, Survival Hunter, Fire Mage, 2 X Warlock (Not sure what spec, should be Afflic)

Anshal (Life Platform)
    We started this platform with all the DPS except the Survival hunter, me (Blood DK) and our Holy Pally, just drag him out of circles, kill adds and remember to stay near the wind launcher thing when you're about to hit 70ish energy on the boss

Rohash (Wind Platform)
    Our survival hunter and priest soloed this platform from 100% to 0, our survival hunter had parachute to negate fall damage and our priest used levitate as well, easy platform.

Nezir (Ice Platform)
    Our prot warrior started here with our resto shaman, with no dps.

At 75ish stacks, you should be near the platform where you jump, we have both sides (Ice and Life) change, so at the ultimate we'll have around 6 people at ice to soak the damage from the ultimate, while our warrior pops a CD since Anshal hits extra hard for around 10 seconds after his ultimate. After the ultimate, all dps on the ice platform will transfer back over to the life platform to burn Anshal and the adds down. This rinses and repeats until both Rohash and Anshal die. Our survival hunter burns Rohash to around 100k, and waits for Anshal to hit around the same before we down both together. After which, we all jump to Nezir's platform, pop bloodlust and burn. Once you kill Anshal and Rohash, the fight should be easy with good dps
    Last edited by Larcissa; 2011-01-11 at 05:54 AM.

I find that timing wise, dpsing frost for the first phase makes everything work out in the end. Dps wont do enough damage that they need to "stop dps" during the ulti phase when they are back on the platform, and it provides the least amount of healing to the nature guy. Remember the nature guy heals every ulti phase, and for a little bit each time he casts his healing cirlce. So once you commit to the nature guy, he needs to go down quick. You can't start dps on nature, then leave him up while you kill frost, it just wont work. Sure there is a bit of raid damage on frost, but as long as people move out of the frost, and the tank isn't stupid(pointing the boss away for the cone spell), not a whole lot of damage goes out.

edit: the big key for this strat to work, is that during the first burn phase on frost, you still send the dps over to kill adds, this gives the dps enough time to wipe the debuff clear for the ulti phase.
    Last edited by Kissmonstar; 2011-01-11 at 05:55 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqxVQKIdLuQ

try to make sure u study this video, it explains everything very well ^^
    Problems u might across is that the wind boss knocks back the players on his platform by the windblast (a wall of wind). If they manage there, its only about the timing to jump, we usually jumped around 80.

We had like previously said a Resto druid and me at Rohash, slow fall makes everything land softer =). If adds at west platform are well managed. The fight will be in your pocket.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Im not sure if anyone came up with this strat but we ended up doing this the first kill and it seemed to work

First off raid makeup

Tanks
    Prot pally
    Prot War

Healers
    2x Resto druids
    Resto shammy

Kitty druid
    Rogue
    Unholy DK
    Arcane mage
    Shadow Priest

What we did is have the prot pally and resto druid 2 start on nezir, at 80 stacks resto druid 1 and 2 switch, 1 going to nezir 2 going to anshal and the prot pally would bubble off the stacks for the first ultimate. Granted the healing was a taaaad rough but not to bad. After that we would procede to kill like normal.

Video is posted below, note theres no music or voice so dont be sad
    http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=a0axoi&s=7

We 4 healed this encounter and started with:

Anashal:
    1 Tank, 1 Healer

Nezir:
    1 Tank, 2 Healer, 3 DPS

Rohash:
    1 Ranged DPS, 1 Healer

Adds spawn at approximately 30 energy, so let every DPS and one Healer switch from Nezir to Anshal. After the adds die and DPS lose the frost debuff energy should be at 70-80 and everyone should swap between Anshal and Nezir.
    We brought Nezir to 30% and ignored Anshal at the beginning to minimize the effectiveness of his heal. After that DPS stayed on Anshal the whole time with the exception for the ultimate. Players at Rohash didn't jump at all, our Warlock solo dpsed him.

Player shouldn't gather at the landing zone of Nezirs plattform. This way there will less likely to be frost patches at the spot. Call out frost patches if they happen to spawn there. Your protection Paladin can activate Divine Guardian to mitigate some damage taken.

Deleted
    We did Magmaw and Omnotron before Conclave. Conclave was a lot earlier than those two and we nailed it with just a few tries. Our setup was: Prot warrior, Blood dk / Elemental shaman, Shadow priest, Destro lock, Assassination Rogue, Frost dk / Holy paladin, Holy priest, Resto druid. This reset we did it with shadow priest replaced with arcane mage and frost dk replaced with fury warrior due to people slacking. It was a bit less smooth due to the new guys having slightly lower dps than the guys they replaced, but it still was easy.

How we positioned ourselves:

Anshal: 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps
    We had holy paladin healing me - the prot warrior - with the melee dps and elemental shaman. The reason for melee being at Anshal is that it's more forgiving for melee than Rohash.

Nezir: 1 tank, 1 healer
    Resto druid and blood dk

Rohash: 1 healer, 2 ranged dps
    Holy priest, Destro lock, Shadow priest. We had shadow priest there since we figured out he could self heal, but self heal abilities are not needed at all as long as the dps who stays at Rohash gets topped before ulti - ulti itself only does a bit under 40k damage and the few attacks he'll get in addition won't bring a buffed and geared dps too much under 50%. Naturally self healing dps does give you the advantange of being able to handle things if the situation seems grim.

At 85ish energy everyone jumped to Nezir except for the shadow priest, who just stayed at Rohash until he was dead and Nezir tank-healer pair who jumped to Anshal. DPS naturally dps'd Nezir while he was casting ultimate. After ultimates were over, all dps and Rohash healer went to their original spots, meaning that the setup was exactly the same as in the start apart from Nezir and Anshal tank-healer pairs swapping places just before each ulti to get rid of the debuff.

With good moving of Anshal from the heal areas (the hitboxes are huge so need to really move him a lot) Anshal and Rohash died roughly at the same time with some voip communication to control damage when needed (not a lot at all really). Once Nezir is the only one up, every single member in the raid moves to Nezir, we pop bloodlust, and bring him down during the one minute. The tank who was at Anshal may wish to taunt to ease the damage a bit since he probably doesn't have debuffs yet and will thus take less damage from the breath.

Less than 3 dps on Anshal would've made it relatively tight to kill the adds on time, but with 3 it was doable before he reached 70-75 energy without a problem. Our dps players had relatively equivalent dps outputs, so the third dps on Anshal was just enough to get him down at the same time with Rohash due to the ulti healing Anshal and making his effective hp in the fight higher.

You could naturally do it with Kabbalah's tactic too, but our way has the dps move only two hops between each ulti (to get to Nezir and to get back) and thus loses less dps as a whole compared to jumping for the adds too.

But I mean, pretty much any tactic that takes into account having one player in each platform at all times and that Anshal heals himself and spawns adds that need to die work since our healers would have had mana for a lot longer fight if that would've been required. It's just that this tactic with our dps atleast seems to be just tailored to the boss - Anshal and Rohash die at about the same time without much slowing down on dps and Nezir is low enough to be bursted in one minute when the others die.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you have terrible geared healers you can also try swapping Rohash healer along with the others since I believe Rohash doesn't really do much damage at all. That does make the fight a bit more complicated though. I would also imagine that a shadow priest for example could function as a hybrid damage/healer for Rohash if you have just two healers for some reason.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-01-13 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly View Post
    Troubles with Conclave of Winds

Hey everyone, just for some background I'd be willing to say that my guild is very competent.
    This doesn't make sense. Conclave is one of the easiest bosses in Cata. We 3shotted it on our first raid with 9 people (me going tank in full dps gear, playing with 1 less dps).

Put a healer and a caster on the right platform (don't really know the names of the bosses), and just make sure they dodge the knockbacks.

Put the rest of your DPS on the left platform together with a tank and a healer. Make sure the tank moves the boss away before the green circle on the ground spawns. Kill adds when they spawn.

Put a tank and a healer on the middle platform and just dodge the ice.

When they are at 80 energy, make sure frost and nature tanks stand close to the edge and have the tank and healer from frost jump to nature and the tank and healer from nature jump to frost (before the ultimate). Have all your DPS jump to frost and pop BL and nuke him like hell during ultimate. Have some DPSers stay on frost for a while after ultimate if it has more HP than the rest. Make sure they jump back to nature before the adds spawn.

When the second ultimate is about to come most bosses should be pretty low and after that ultimate just split the DPS and win the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    This doesn't make sense. Conclave is one of the easiest bosses in Cata. We 3shotted it on our first raid with 9 people (me going tank in full dps gear, playing with 1 less dps).

Put a healer and a caster on the right platform (don't really know the names of the bosses), and just make sure they dodge the knockbacks.

Put the rest of your DPS on the left platform together with a tank and a healer. Make sure the tank moves the boss away before the green circle on the ground spawns. Kill adds when they spawn.

Put a tank and a healer on the middle platform and just dodge the ice.

When they are at 80 energy, make sure frost and nature tanks stand close to the edge and have the tank and healer from frost jump to nature and the tank and healer from nature jump to frost (before the ultimate). Have all your DPS jump to frost and pop BL and nuke him like hell during ultimate. Have some DPSers stay on frost for a while after ultimate if it has more HP than the rest. Make sure they jump back to nature before the adds spawn.

When the second ultimate is about to come most bosses should be pretty low and after that ultimate just split the DPS and win the fight.
    No need for flaming. . . we we're just using the wrong strat, ty for the strat idea. I'm sure we'll down them in 1 or 2 attempts this week we were just, for whatever reason, tank swapping before and after Ultimates which made no sense at all, especially when Anshal turns to 1 shot 1 or 2 people his nasty 250% buff while tanks are swapping. Ty to everyone who has given strats and we will be doing conclave again monday night so i'll let everyone know how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks: Blood DK, Prot Warrior
    Healers: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman
    DPS: Frost DK, Survival Hunter, Fire Mage, 2 X Warlock (Not sure what spec, should be Afflic)

Anshal (Life Platform)
    We started this platform with all the DPS except the Survival hunter, me (Blood DK) and our Holy Pally, just drag him out of circles, kill adds and remember to stay near the wind launcher thing when you're about to hit 70ish energy on the boss

Rohash (Wind Platform)
    Our survival hunter and priest soloed this platform from 100% to 0, our survival hunter had parachute to negate fall damage and our priest used levitate as well, easy platform.

Nezir (Ice Platform)
    Our prot warrior started here with our resto shaman, with no dps.
    Not that i want to call you out on your kill strat that obviously worked. But putting the DK on the frost guy will save healers mana in the long run, a good dk can stay in the frost guy the entire fight if he figures out when to use his antimagic shell to drop all his stacks. Even if they arent that good, using AMS at 6+ stacks will reduce the damage taken by his frost breath by a large amount, its almost trivial to heal.

Other than that, thats the same strategy i used and went pretty smooth. Anshal might have lower health, but he heals a lot during the fight, people often overlook that.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.