The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

where to farm new JC meta recipes once released?

anyone got any ideas on good spots to farm these? i'm looking for easily killed mobs and fast respawns preferably solo so tol barad mobs will take too long.

If the mobs that kill each other in tol barad can drop them, I'd think there. If not we'll have to see what'll be a good place, maybe killing some air elementals as well for the volatile air drops etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

If I told you then I'd have competition at the place(s).

The new recipes are drops?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are boe world drops off random cata mobs. Basically anywhere with lots of mobs will work... no real "best" place imo. I'd guess the starting zones will probably be ideal due to having easily killable mobs. I have a few ideas of places for myself but like the other said, dont really want to give away potential areas on a public forum due to increasing competition :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drops off cata mobs, like the trinket quests

its on ptr on live now? are u sure about this no information about patch notes.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

There are two possibilities:

a) It will have a reasonably high drop rate, like the quest items you need for the JC trinkets. In this case all JCs that do some questing or farming will have them within days.

b) They will have a low or very low drop rate. In this case just go to the AH, there probably is no sense in trying to farm them, because you just waste tour time.

If it's world drop I think I'll be farming them in twillight highlands at the shore where ally and horde fight

Spend my time making gold on the AH and buying the first one advertised probably

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyloc View Post
    Spend my time making gold on the AH and buying the first one advertised probably
    Lol this is probably what I'll do too when my first 20 minutes of farming fails... :P

Deleted
    last boss of heroic, thats my guess

•New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.
    "unbound" leads me to believe in a very low drop rate. I wish it was more in line with the trinkets in that once you hit the approriate skill level, the recipes were bound to drop with minimal farming.

A better question would be how much do you think they recipes will go for on the AH?
    Last edited by Kioga; 2011-01-12 at 04:04 PM.

Any area with low HP mobs and a quick respawn, prefer it to not be a quest hub, few places in mh spring to mind.

As for price, any I see below 10k will be purchased, I will pay much more than that if I am pretty sure I'm getting faction first as I will make the gold back quickly.

Good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    I wish it was more in line with the trinkets in that once you hit the approriate skill level, the recipes were bound to drop with minimal farming.
    That would be horrible... Before we know it they'd be selling for just over uncut prices and it would hardly even be profitable.

I'd probably say Voltatile Air mobs or something along those lines. Least that way you end up with cash even if you don't get the pattern.

Has anyone farmed on the PTR and successfully got a drop from random world creatures, and not dungeons/raids?

They will be as farmable as the random drop uncommon-quality gem patterns. Which is to say, they won't really be farmable. Your best bet is to get the rest of your guild to agree to pass any on to you so the pattern is known in-guild, thus increasing your chance of getting it early on. You can even offer to split profits with whoever finds them so they don't miss out on the windfall from selling the pattern on the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    These recipes are going to be worth quite a bit at first. I can see this being like "glyphmas" if you get it.