Fire mage gem question

I was recently told that the 54 crit and 3% increased crit damage meta gem would be better then the 54 int and 2% max mana meta gem. I personally dont think thats true because int was by far the best stat and by using the int meta gem you could use more red gems because the chaotic meta requires you to have more blues then red at the moment and the int meta only requires 2 yellow. So would the int meta be...better?

This is a question I've had some trouble with also, none of the mage resources right now suggest gemming for the Chaotic meta but if you go look at the worlds top mages either via parses or guilds most will be sporting the Chaotic meta.

Currently, 54 int/2% mana is the better*, but when the meta gem requirements changes in 4.0.6 on some meta gems to 3 red gems, 54 crit / 3% crit damage will be better than the previous.

Additionally, a new gem with 54 int / 3% crit damage will be added to the game. This meta will require 3 red gems to work aswell, and this will ultimately be the best meta gem for obvious reasons, in 4.0.6.

*If you have a low number of sockets, which makes you sacrifice less int to meet the "more blue than red" requirement, the chaotic gem will be better.