Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstone View Post
    Snore
    Maybe you think you do, you should come check out my guildies. In 25m we got a 4 dk's pushing 45k+ dps. I dont see moonkins coming close to that.
    Trash DPS is awesome, amirite?

I think it's pretty safe to sum this up to: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

1.) Your gear isn't good enough. Stack more Haste.
    2.) Wild Mushrooms do have their use if you spec into Fungal Growth, and they are in fact worth burning 3 GCDs on putting down when facing a large pack.
    3.) Our AoE is fine. What we lack is burst AoE, but I'm pretty sure we're not meant to have that. Tried using IS/MF spam on large packs?
    4.) Get a macro to sort that.
    5.) "All Caster gear"? You're not suppose to use anything but Leather, and there's plenty of gear without it. Also, while it's our worst stat, it's only really slightly less worth than Crit. Having Mastery on one or two pieces is not going to break your DPS.

- Get some Armory and WoL links in here, and then we can continue this discussion.

Moonkin DPS is fine. If played correctly, you pretty much wreck.

Title pretty much says it all. Anyone else noticing that yet again boomkins are getting the shaft? i had a 6339GS at the end of LK and was doing about 15k+ dps. Now I get out dps'd by tanks and everyone else in heroics (equally geared peeps).

1.) cast time on wrath and starfire seem to be a joke now
    2.) Wild Mushroom = the biggest fail ever
    3.) AoE dps sucks and with Hurricane costing over 15k mana its not viable
    4.) I still cant use a mount when in Boomkin form
    5.) Mastery is the worst stat ever for us and yet almost all caster gear contains insane ammounts of it

These are just a few issues I feel I would like to see be addressed however it will never happen. Now lets hear the go roll feral flame posts.
    Hastekin dps/dmg is better then most of the caster specs, you may want to check your gear, rotation, glyphs, gems, enchants and spec. Dont fall into the trap that so many players do when things change and they are amazing right away and blame the switch and call it a nerf. Figure out how to work the new system and kick ass at it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Snore
    Maybe you think you do, you should come check out my guildies. In 25m we got a 4 dk's pushing 45k+ dps. I dont see moonkins coming close to that.
    Sigh.. If you love huge aoe trash packs meters so much.. Howling Blast, you know, is OP, and is gonna get cut in half in the upcoming patch. But hey, our kitty can do the same kind of aoe with berserk and a couple lucky OOC procs.. Single target frost DK damage is not that high, it's kind of in the middle of the pack, you should beat frost DKs on single target fight. Especially considering how most of the raiding encounters so far favor ranged so much. AoE got over-nerfed all across the board, there are many classes and specs with aoe so ridiculously weak that it's not even worth using in anycase scenario.

Yeah I heard boomkins were so terrible Paragon stacked 11 of them just to kill Nefarian hc.

:3

Snore
    Oh, you mean on those 25 man halfus wipes with whelps?

I really like balance DPS at the moment. What dmg I may lack is more because of me than the spec. It takes some getting used to, at least for me.
    They might change mastery a bit, but I don't have any official post on that to back it up.

As for mounting;

#showtooltip Swift Razzashi Raptor
    /cancelform [nostance:0]
    /cast Swift Razzashi Raptor

(switch out mount with your own)
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valius View Post
    Yeah I heard boomkins were so terrible Paragon stacked 11 of them just to kill Nefarian hc.

:3
    Meh.. They stacked druids because instaroots cheese this encounter and because rip in conjunction to the MC buff is pretty cheat too, ticking for 500k.. Most of them were feral for that reason. And roots is a core druid class ability, has nothign to do with moonkin performance as dps..

Deleted
    Since I switched boomkin, my dps pretty much rocks. i do 9k average on normal dungeons.
    You may be doing something wrong :/

that would be boss dps. on halfus mages and dk's and locks are doing about 15k more dps than the #1 best boomkin for that encounter so yea if you dont understand what you are talkin about best to not say anything at all.

Edit: that was in regards to the above poster about halfus fyi.

Edit: if you look at world of logs rather than just spewing garbage you would see that moonkins are on average of 5-9k dps behind the rest of the dps classes. explain to me how the best boomkins in the world are doing 9k less dps and then i may entertain ur remarks.
    Last edited by ironstone; 2011-01-11 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    yes, boomkins dps seems just a little bit too much, they are topping dps right now, doesnt matter single target or multi target. shadow priest almost lost their niche to be the best for multi targets (nefi, valiona&t) and it doesnt really seem right

i need dark intent to be just almost on pair with our moonkin other wise im pretty much behind, guess its not really intended

Then your just a bad imo if your an spriest and cant out dps a boomy u need to go read some ej forums

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you check http://www.stateofdps.com/, you will actually see that boomkins are currently not even close to be the best specc. If you check for example Argaloth, the only class who should be under you are paladins

Having said that, I'm usually #2-5 myself depending on the fight, usually third begin a survival hunter and an assassination rogue, but still above for example our unholy DK

Deleted
    That would be boss dps. On Halfus mages and dk's and locks are doing about 15k more dps than the #1 best boomkin for that encounter so yea if you dont understand what you are talkin about best to not say anything at all.
    Surely you mean Demo locks, Destro and Aff are probably around if not lower than Boomkins for that fight (assuming the whelps are active).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Surely you mean Demo locks, Destro and Aff are probably around if not lower than Boomkins for that fight (assuming the whelps are active).
    I know ur a High Overlord rated mmo-champ poster but did u not even bother to look at world of logs. Locks both aff and destro are doing 5k more dps than boomkins. including on halfus.

PLEASE PEOPLE IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY TO INFORM ME OF THINGS PROVIDE SOMETHING MORE THAN WHAT U THINK OR FEEL. FACTS PEOPLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

if im doing something wrong then its on me, but the numbers are saying its not me.

Boomkin DPS halifus 25m http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...Balance_Druid/
    Destro DPS halifus 25m http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warlock/
    Aff DPS halifus 25m http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warlock/
    Last edited by ironstone; 2011-01-11 at 09:56 AM.

I know ur a High Overlord rated mmo-champ poster but did u not even bother to look at world of logs. Locks both aff and destro are doing 5k more dps than boomkins. including on halfus.

PLEASE PEOPLE IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY TO INFORM ME OF THINGS PROVIDE SOMETHING MORE THAN WHAT U THINK OR FEEL. FACTS PEOPLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

if im doing something wrong then its on me, but the numbers are saying its not me.

Boomkin DPS halifus 25m http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...Balance_Druid/
    Destro DPS halifus 25m http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warlock/
    Aff DPS halifus 25m http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warlock/
    what are you crying about? you're not the best, you're not the worst. are you even doing these encounters? no, you're whining about heroics. check http://www.stateofdps.com/ as posted earlier in the thread, Boomkins are fine.

Hey I remember the BC days when I couldn't get into a dungeon because I was Boomkin and thus had no CC, and now people are like "Sweet! A Boomkin" because they know most of us bring not only good dps, but also multiple cc's to any fight. Grim Batol dragon pack? Hibernate, roots, cyclone ... any one else want to cc something? heh.
    I boom ... therefore I am.

Deleted
    i had a 6339GS
    ololololl. stopped reading here.

In regards to 2) and 3), Wild mushroom and tab targeting dots is much stronger aoe than hurricane, specially since its being buffed in the next patch. Yeah I will never beat our demo lock on a fight like Maloriak, but its decent enough to be competitive.

And who told you mastery was worthless, at high levels of gear it just might be our best stat - at the moment stacking haste is better though.
    Last edited by Sylla; 2011-01-11 at 11:39 AM.