[Enha] Tips on killing Resto Druids?

I find myself having problems killing resto druids. Anyone got some tips on doing so?
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Deleted
    purge spam and interupt everything he casts

gonna have more problems now that purge got nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    Use an axe (or two).

Most hots are instant, therefor not interrupt-able, ofc interrupting HT, Nourish and Regrowth. With the change to purge, not only will we go oom before the druid, but we cannot purge more than he can cast. We will only be able to cast 7 purges before going oom, perhaps more if we regain enough mana while doing so.

If spamming purge the damage won't be sufficient to outdamage his lifebloom which could just be cast and heal him quite a lot.
    Last edited by Thafisker; 2011-01-11 at 08:12 AM.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Deleted
    a) form 3v3
    b) team up with a warrior and some healer
    c)face restodruid team
    d)train one of his team mates with purge spam untill druid ooms
    e) log to his realm and tell him he got l2p issues

Deleted
    Resto druid is all about who has the stack of 3xLifebloom - the only dispel protected healing spell which when stacked heals for a huge amount when dispelled. Nothing else matters. This is one of the reasons why resto druids are weak in pvp.

1) Just train one of the team mates or the druid until 3xLifebloom is placed on them. You need enough pressure WITHOUT using Purge until the 3xLifebloom is on there.
    2) Then STOP training the team mate, switch to pressuring the druid until they are forced to pop Tree of Life.
    3) Wait out the 30s for their silly tree to run out which means they can no longer throw out their Lifeblooms on themselves AND their target, for another 2m30s.
    4) Now, their team are royally screwed. Whowever has the stack of Lifeblooms, just ignore them, they are getting nice healing and if you dispel them they will be healed for a huge amount in one go and it is easy for the druid to re-apply even without ToL. Instead, now train everything on the druid, assuming they don't have the stack of Lifebloom, and purge and wind shear spam all their healing. They should be unable to switch to stacking Lifebloom on themselves fast enough to make a difference in terms of healing themselves if you keep up the pressure and purge spam simultaneously.
    5) Resto dead. Profit???

Yes, I had a resto druid main healer.

The way I would attempt to counter the above is either,

A) See how much I can heal my team mate without using Lifeblooms, reserving Lifeblooms and stacking only for myself. If the pressure on my team mates is so large that my non-LB hots are making little difference, then I'll start using Nourish or Healing Touch. If these keep getting interrupted successfully, then I know I'm dealing with a pro group.

B) With a pro group, I will stack Lifeblooms on the trained team mate and I will try to forsee when you are about to switch to me and start stacking Lifeblooms on myself and leaving one rolling hot on the team mate (to tempt you to switch back to purging them). The problem is that one Lifebloom before it blooms heals for little and is even worth dispelling, and if I attempt to use any other hots on myself, they will be purged off. Meaning all I can do is use direct spells, Nourish in particular. But this can be easily Wind Shear'd. Our only instant direct spell, Swiftmend even with its talented aoe, heals for a pitiful amount and is on 15s CD (that won't stop me using it, but it shouldn't make any difference at all). So, unless I LoS you or my team mates are pro at peeling enough for me to get up the stack of LBs, then I'm screwed.

It's not even a game of chess. Resto used to have a huge amount of powerful tools and defenses. They've all gone. All that is left is Lifebloom stacking and 30s of ToL. Eliminate the latter and force the use of the former making sure to know where it has been used. That is all.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-11 at 11:04 AM.

AFK out. It's for your own good.

That or get a DK to spam necrotic strike on them with an Arms warrior / rogue chain stunning with you nuking.

Put yeah, purge and interrupts, knowing what to interrupt is also useful.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;