Thread: Tank Trinkets

Deleted

Tank Trinkets

Hello,
    As a prot paladin i have seen a lot of trinkets and wondering which ones i should be aiming to get. I have put off buying any trinkets atm just because mi unsure of which one to aim for.

Magmaw - Symbiotic Worm - 482 stamina, with mastery proc when below 35% hp
    Valiona and Theralion - Vial of Stolen Memories - 482 stamina, with 1605 dodge use
    Tol Barad commendations - Mirror of Broken Images - 321 mastery, 400 magic ressist on use
    VP - Bedrock Talisman - 1285 armor, 965 dodge proc when below 35% hp
    Darkmoon card: Earthquake - 321 Dodge, 11500 extra hp on use

If you could give me a reason behind using the trinket, instead of just saying its better it would be greatly appreciated.

Also as im posting here, what should i reforge and what to? atm i have been reforging to dodge where i can

Thanks in advance for the help
    Drakosa

Symbiotic worm+Mirror of Broken Images
    and reforge to mastery, its so much better than anything else we can get on our gear

Mirror of Broken Images is a great first epic trinket to get. 400 resist for 10 seconds every minute is a pretty powerful cooldown, especially when combined with Resistance Aura and BoK/MotW. The 321 mastery is just the icing on the cake.

Deleted
    Ok, will purchase Mirror today, and reforge some gear, thanks for the replys
    at what point does mastery start becoming a lessor priority (at what % block)?
    again whilst im here, i may aswell ask what gems are best to use atm?
    as the socket bonuses have been pretty good i have been gemming to gain them, but would like to know which gem is best for each slot?
    Blue - i gem pure stamina
    Yellow - has been mastery/stamina
    Red - atm gemmed str/stamina, but its because my friend made a load

And what enchants to use? if you could just say the ones you would change, will list the ones i have/am aiming to get atm
    Back - 250 armor
    Chest - 55 stamina (will get the better one when i get maelstrom crytsals)
    Wrist - 40 stamina (is the dodge enchant the best atm?)
    Weapon - just have a weapon chain on atm, waiting for a better weapon for an enchant but would like to know for future reference
    Sheild - 40 block
    Feet - 50 mastery
    Hands - 44 stamina (LW armor kit)

Left out head shoulder and leg enchants as they are pretty obvious

Thanks again, Drakosa

Quote Originally Posted by Drakosa View Post
    Ok, will purchase Mirror today, and reforge some gear, thanks for the replys
    at what point does mastery start becoming a lessor priority (at what % block)?
    again whilst im here, i may aswell ask what gems are best to use atm?
    as the socket bonuses have been pretty good i have been gemming to gain them, but would like to know which gem is best for each slot?
    Blue - i gem pure stamina
    Yellow - has been mastery/stamina
    Red - atm gemmed str/stamina, but its because my friend made a load

And what enchants to use? if you could just say the ones you would change, will list the ones i have/am aiming to get atm
    Back - 250 armor
    Chest - 55 stamina (will get the better one when i get maelstrom crytsals)
    Wrist - 40 stamina (is the dodge enchant the best atm?)
    Weapon - just have a weapon chain on atm, waiting for a better weapon for an enchant but would like to know for future reference
    Sheild - 40 block
    Feet - 50 mastery
    Hands - 44 stamina (LW armor kit)

Left out head shoulder and leg enchants as they are pretty obvious

Thanks again, Drakosa
    dont think you can overbudget mastery on this content, with bis gear doubt you can go much past 60%

10+ Year Old Account
    i whould use:
    Magmaw - Symbiotic Worm - 482 stamina, with mastery proc when below 35% hp
    and
    Valiona and Theralion - Vial of Stolen Memories - 482 stamina, with 1605 dodge use ^^

Symbiotic Worm - Loads of stamina, witch is superior to any other stat. Then we got the mastery procc, mastery is our best stat. And + roughly 15% ( dont remember the exat right now) block is just totaly awsome. With my gear i end up with ~60% block when it proccs. One heal then and i barely can't die. You get almost uncrushable with the current tier on it's procc.

Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - I would say this is the 2nd best trinket. The reasons it; You get loads of dodge that you can reforge into mastery (WIN!). And the procc aint really bad either, lets say you know a boss gonna do some hard hitting ability soon. And you know the healers are busy, then i would pop the trinket, gain some extra health and use WoG.

I've posted this somewhere else, but i post it again.
    For reforging, there is a simply, but small, rule on how to reforge a tank item. We want as much mastery as possible, so to get this we want to follow the following rule; When an item have a threat stat (or parry) higher then 60% of the dodge stat then you want to reforge that stat into mastery. If the threat stat (or parry) is lower then 60% of the dodge stat, then you want to reforge the dodge into mastery. Two exmaples;
    189 stamina
    156 strength
    100 dodge
    67 expertise
    On this item you reforge the expertise into mastery.

The 2nd example;
    189 stamina
    156 strength
    100 dodge
    54 hit
    On this item you want to reforge the dodge into mastery.

Ive always been a fan when it came to trinkets, in combining 1 trinket for stam with 1 trinker for avoidance. Its something that really cant hurt, and if you collect trinkets and keep them from the beginning of content to the end, you end up like alot of tanks where you have certain trinkets for certain encounters. (but I digress)

Your best off picking up Symbiotic Worm + Mirror

Mirror = sexy mastery (while the DMC card is nice, dodge is half the value of mastery... sorry gents)
    Sumbiotic Worm = stam + mastery when ya need it most (depending on your gear that proc can put you over avoidance cap!)

DMC is nice, always reforge to mastery as a Pally/Warrior

holy shit on a stick, excuse my terrible spelling as I am not really awake yet