ISF changed. In ptr patch notes

A guildy did a copy/paste of what he seen in the ptr patchnotes saying that ISF is being moved to the 3rd tier of destro and is being changed from 15% haste to 8% damage done. I don't know how to view these personally, but I'm sure someone else can find them. WARLOCKS REJOICE!

EDIT: Posted in excitement without looking for any other thread on the topic. Please lock this one and use the other.
    Last edited by hordeorcrogue; 2011-01-11 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

OMG!

am i actually getting rid of this shit?!??!11

excuse me while i go and cry tears of joy for a minute, brb.

You can check the blue posts on MMOs front page. "An Analysis of Future Warlock Changes".
    There are several blue replies in there. One of which mentions the change to ISF. Nothing has been mentioned yet about whether or not aff/demo will see their 12% dmg nerf reverted to compensate for the 15% haste loss. Destro seems to be better off at this point until some more information becomes available.

Back on stacking haste rating to cover up the 15% loss

Deleted
    the dps is an interesting discussion but (for affliction especially) this is good news.

i am affliction and this makes me very happy indeed.

now i just have to wait and see what they are gonna do to crush my dreams. cuz they usually do :P

Good thread. While you're compiling feedback about the 4.0.6 warlock changes posted thus far, I want to make mention that the Glyph of Soul Swap change is being reverted for now. We don't feel that particular change is necessary as of yet, but will continue to evaluate Soul Swap's performance.
    /joy

ignore this post lol

Deleted
    Messing with simcraft looking at tier 11 and now ISF is changed and moving up a tier so only usefull for destro we will probably be using fel hunter again as affliction.
    and with the info we know for now untill they release the patch notes, there could be changes to other talents for affliction, well basicly we lose 4k+ dps and puts us really low compared to other specs and classes.

So wtb buffs now just hoping they tweek affliction and don't as i suspect they will nerf affliction way down the dps charts to promote less populated classes more apeal to roll over to.

Why did people whine and get ISF nerfed we just basicly lost 15% haste for nothing this nerf makes me sad.

It was not about whining, but because of a clumy mechanism which had no place in affliction.
    It is pushing the focus back on what we are meant to be casting, as the Shadow and Flame adjustment did the same for destruction, removing the need to hard-cast shadowbolt to maintain a target debuff.
    Not a too dissimilar concept if you think about it.
    If it is seen to make affliction uncompetitive then no doubt we will see adjustments elsewhere and putting affliction back where it belongs well and truly in shadow.

is this patch going live today?

Quote Originally Posted by vexuk View Post
    Messing with simcraft looking at tier 11 and now ISF is changed and moving up a tier so only usefull for destro we will probably be using fel hunter again as affliction.
    and with the info we know for now untill they release the patch notes, there could be changes to other talents for affliction, well basicly we lose 4k+ dps and puts us really low compared to other specs and classes.

So wtb buffs now just hoping they tweek affliction and don't as i suspect they will nerf affliction way down the dps charts to promote less populated classes more apeal to roll over to.

Why did people whine and get ISF nerfed we just basicly lost 15% haste for nothing this nerf makes me sad.
    It wasn't whining, it was wanting what we were primosed. Blizz stated that certain talent points shouldn't feel "mandatory" for dps increases, and ISF was a mandatory one for a spec that shouldn't have had to use it. Affliction is my locks main spec and I absolutely refused to spec into for the reasons of I hated the fact I was forced into it, and that I just couldn't get used to using it in a rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

As a demo lock, I think this would be a real shame.

Firstly it could cause big problems with immo/hog refresh. Our haste thresholds would become 219 for 10% and (a currently unachievable) 2587 for 30%. Stacking haste would always reduce the window for HoG refreshes, and at current raiding levels (1250 give or take a couple of hundred) things would start to get tight enough that increasing haste would cause problems.

The bigger reason though is it would turn demo into a complete faceroll. I'm really noticing how during bloodlust when there's no ISF buff to manage the whole thing feels challenge-free. If it was like that the whole time, things would get really dull really fast.

Currently the demo playstyle is all about managing the ISF buff while HoG refreshing Immo. The fun of it is that there are so many tools and variations of how to manage the collisions between them, whether to hard-cast or SB the SF cast or proc decimate on an add in time, hard refresh or FF Immo, etc. This is an in-combat test of player decision making and skill. Screw it up and demo dps is lousy, get it right and you get a solid dps base to build on with maximising meta use, or aoe burst, etc.

Taking away these in-combat choices and replacing them with an out of combat choice about how far you're willing to stack haste before it makes a spell refresh turn clunky seems like a giant leap backwards to me.

Demo has a history of being challenging to play, and attracting the kind of player who wants some complication in the playstyle. Most of the demo players I know are fine with demo being 3rd in the dps table of 'lock specs as long as its the hardest spec to play. This change would gut that completely - demo would still be third but no longer have the attraction of being challenging. It would become the dead-end spec for noobs.

Great news for affliction though
    Last edited by Runc; 2011-01-11 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeorcrogue View Post
    It wasn't whining, it was wanting what we were primosed. Blizz stated that certain talent points shouldn't feel "mandatory" for dps increases, and ISF was a mandatory one for a spec that shouldn't have had to use it. Affliction is my locks main spec and I absolutely refused to spec into for the reasons of I hated the fact I was forced into it, and that I just couldn't get used to using it in a rotation.
    It sure seemed like alot of whine as nothing I ever read about ISF was posative only people complaining I call that whine but sure call it what you like not really wanting to argue this.

But for the "mandatory" talents for DPS I pretty much see it been needed to put them in Dark Arts and maybe the last point in soulburn SOC there all dps increases and to me are "mandatory" if you want to do more DPS.

Now with ISF we at least had the option of having two builds now we have one. And to be fair you could have used Dark arts and not botherd with ISF no one was forced to take these talents but now we are forced with one build thats less DPS

I think the main problem was people did not want to cast soul fire as it made it harder work and people that could not keep it tracked probably did not gain much from it others that kept it up and enjoyed it are now getting punished and loseing it so yes this still makes me sad.

So yeah I am sad people whined and got it nerfed can not see affliction been as fun as its been now its back to slower casts less DPS and less to track.

So while some of you like the new changes some of us don't and now its my turn to whine.

the rotation was just too clumsy with the long ass cast time of isf and the fact that u couldnt have it hit b4 last debuff fell of made it far to difficult to maintain in a raid situation, so blizz needed to fix it. The problem is they are just going to nerf us and force us all to go destro (which looks like it is also getting nerfed) and then maybe in a patch or two some genius over at blizz will be like "holy crap no one is playing lock anymore cause dps is far too low and the few that are are all destruction" then of course they will prob nerf destro to bring it in line with the other specs. Eventually they will buff us again when we have fallen to the bottom of the dps charts, but of course they will do it in such a way that they will say its too much burst or something leading to yet another nerf which they will neglect to compensate us for in our other abilities again making us fall to the bottom of the charts. This pattern will continue untill the next xpac is released at which time it will begin anew.

Wow, a flat 15% nerf to demo and affliction specs, without compensation. Just as I predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Wow, a flat 15% nerf to demo and affliction specs, without compensation. Just as I predicted.
    Without addressing the obvious, I'd like to add there is more to the patch notes. And there will be changes after that as well.

AWESOME!!!! That means that destro is becoming even more complex then DEMO and will be the new wow skill-to-play speck =)

at least whine about this when the COMPLETE patch notes releases. geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmorace View Post
    the rotation was just too clumsy with the long ass cast time of isf and the fact that u couldnt have it hit b4 last debuff fell of made it far to difficult to maintain in a raid situation, so blizz needed to fix it. The problem is they are just going to nerf us and force us all to go destro (which looks like it is also getting nerfed) and then maybe in a patch or two some genius over at blizz will be like "holy crap no one is playing lock anymore cause dps is far too low and the few that are are all destruction" then of course they will prob nerf destro to bring it in line with the other specs. Eventually they will buff us again when we have fallen to the bottom of the dps charts, but of course they will do it in such a way that they will say its too much burst or something leading to yet another nerf which they will neglect to compensate us for in our other abilities again making us fall to the bottom of the charts. This pattern will continue untill the next xpac is released at which time it will begin anew.
    Dude are you the one that kills little puppets? Because you just killed 5 of them and if you keep going like that WE WILL BE NERFED!!!!

just coz warlocks kill everything BUT little puppets =)
    we use our friendliest spell on them... FEAR BWAHAHAHAHA

edit: sorry i had a REALLY long and boring raid this night =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeorcrogue View Post
    WARLOCKS REJOICE!
    for very bad things are about to happen

[/Richard]

but aren't we currently balanced around ISF?