Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bandit's guile makes it downright impractical to play combat on most boss fights, which usually involve adds/ multiple boss targets with lots of switching and whatnot.

The restless blades change is a godsend and I think it will be a HUGE step toward putting us back up with assassination in terms of maneuverability.

I am very happy with the new change to MG, and I'm sure that'll be a big help towards making mastery less useless to us. However, that brings up the issue of what it's worth versus our previous best substat (after hit and exp caps ofc), haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saniya View Post
    IMO convert combat to a tank spec, give us a taunt, threat gen, riposte, and armor contribution. The "toe-to-toe" description for the spec is very misleading...unless we're tanking something.
    yeah that would be pretty awesome. we need some more interesting tanking classes and rogue tanking would be simply awesome =D I wouldn't usually role a tank but if there was a rogue tank I'd probably role it!

In my testing/observation on PTR, MG is *NOT* proccing combat potency like it's supposed to.

MG is also classified as a Main Hand strike (but still uses off-hand animation), which devalues the mastery greatly. It would be MUCH better if it were an off-hand strike dealing main hand damage. Reason? Deadly poison.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    In my testing/observation on PTR, MG is *NOT* proccing combat potency like it's supposed to.

MG is also classified as a Main Hand strike (but still uses off-hand animation), which devalues the mastery greatly. It would be MUCH better if it were an off-hand strike dealing main hand damage. Reason? Deadly poison.
    MG not proc'ing CP is most likely a bug and I'm sure has been reported, it'll get fixed before live I'm sure...and you're right, if MG proc'ed a mainhand attack based on offhand strikes that would be awesome...however it might be a little overpowered, especially at high haste levels.

urgh, more mastery changes. I'm getting annoyed checking all my main sources every patch to see the value of mastery compared to other stats.

good upgrades to my spec though. redirect needed a shorter cooldown anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical View Post
    MG not proc'ing CP is most likely a bug and I'm sure has been reported, it'll get fixed before live I'm sure...and you're right, if MG proc'ed a mainhand attack based on offhand strikes that would be awesome...however it might be a little overpowered, especially at high haste levels.
    That's easy to balance by changing the proc chance. The problem I have observed on PTR is that there is a noticable decrease in deadly reapplication. This only serves to devalue spell hit and increase the value of white hit and haste. It also requires longer target uptime for instant poison to pull ahead of wound. My observation is that ANY time you have to restack deadly in a fight, wound appears to be better. I have not done the math yet but it's something I could easily work out whenever I get un-lazy In almost any encounter I've been in, I have not shown any noticable difference between wound and instant (normally their relative damage contribution is similar).

The crossover point of wound to instant depends on average target uptime, haste, and attack power.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2011-01-16 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-US View Post
    Toe to Toe doesn't imply tanking. It means that you can dish out what you're taking, it means that you can stand with the hardiest of enemies and take them down quicker than they can take you down. Rogue's aren't a tank class and they shouldn't be (LOL @ Evasion tanking Professor Razuvious).
    No, actually toe to toe implies you stand in front of your opponent and fight them face to face (so that your toes point at their toes). What role does that? Tanks. Melee dps attack from behind which would be toe to heel. It also states we fight as a swashbuckler if you pick the combat fighting style, and swashbucklers use shields (more specifically bucklers). While I'm not sure I like the idea of rogues being actual tanks, blizzards spec description is stupid and misleading.

Also this misdirect on RB change... You are still looking at a 40 sec ish cooldown which is NOT as often as you want. As often as I want means I can redirect to the add, kill it, and redirect back to the boss as to not reset BG at all. They still aren't fixing the problem where you can only redirect from a corpse or an active mob.