Question about Ascendant Council - Fire and Ice mechanic

Hey all. I'd like to ask if anyone know how the first 2 guys choose who to cast Cold Heart or Burning Blood on. I ask this because I did this fight with my guild yesterday and I had Burning Blood on me 95% of the time. Is it something related to dps, positioning or does Ignacious have a secret crush on me? As a rogue, getting this debuff is a pain in the ass because it means I have to drop my rotation and go sit next to the casters nuking Feludius while doing no dps at all.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

It's random, but the buff is spread to others close to you, so there's a good chance you were also getting it from other people.

I don't think that's how it works. It didn't seem to spread as much as affect those around me. The debuff woudn't pass to those near me, just give them a fiery aura that increased their dps agains the Ice boss. The holder of the main debuff was almost always me tough, with DBM marking me specifically with an X warning me to move towards the casters. Once it got dispelled off me it stopped affecting everyone else... untill I got it again of course, frequently 3 or 4 times in a row. >_<

I dunno if that affects it, but we didn't have a lot of melee dps in that fight, it was only me and a enhance shammie. He hardly ever got Burning Blood tough.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

I believe then it's simply RNG. We've decided to simply dispell the burning blood outright, as it's not worth it to lose the DPS by having melee run around hitting nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I believe then it's simply RNG. We've decided to simply dispell the burning blood outright, as it's not worth it to lose the DPS by having melee run around hitting nothing.
    ^ We're doing the same on 10 man normal. The only ones that actually bother to run are the healers since there's not much to do in that phase anyway.

Burning blood is okay to dispel outright, but heart of ice really helps for aegis of flame and should be used to help interrupt rising flames quickly because ranged can still dps in melee range.