Deleted

Event triggered by the feral druid kick

Hi there,

I did a search but found nothing :< So here's my problem : I made a small addon which sends a message in raid channel when the player kicks a spell, including name of the spell, of the target, etc. It works fine for every class BUT the feral druid.

Our kitty friends have a spell named "Skull Bash" which kicks the target, interrupting them for 5 sec. But seeing it wouldn't send the message when a druid kicked, I made a few tests and found that there is no SPELL_INTERRUPT event triggered when Skull Bash successfully interrupts a spell ...

Do you know how I could handle that ?
    Thanks for help

Deleted
    /eventtrace it.

Taken from RSA addon page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli87
    Unfortunately Blizzard didn't create Combat Log events for a number of spells, and so while there are options in RSA to announce them, right now, they will not do anything.
    Guardian of Ancient Kings, and Skull Bash both will not correctly announce at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

have you tried to trigger the message by spell name/ ID on your mod?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    /eventtrace it.
    I don't know what is /eventtrace but I guess it has something to do with retrieving the events the game sends when a druid uses Skull Bash. What I did yesterday - putting a print(type) line in the OnEvent function in which type is the name of the event - showed me the following :

[03:16:37] SPELL_AURA_REMOVED
    [03:16:42] SPELL_CAST_START
    [03:16:43] SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS
    [03:16:43] SPELL_AURA_APPLIED
    [03:16:43] SWING_DAMAGE
    [03:16:44] DAMAGE_SHIELD
    [03:16:53] SPELL_AURA_REMOVED

Tonight I plan to try to see more details - what aura, etc.

Taken from RSA addon page:
    Originally Posted by Raeli87
    Unfortunately Blizzard didn't create Combat Log events for a number of spells, and so while there are options in RSA to announce them, right now, they will not do anything.
    Guardian of Ancient Kings, and Skull Bash both will not correctly announce at the moment.
    Uh, bad news :<
    Thank you anyway

Iphi

Edit -

have you tried to trigger the message by spell name/ ID on your mod?
    Um, I'm not sure ... do you mean trying to send the message when I detect a Skull Bash cast ? That would be very possible but 1) it wouldn't let us know whether the kick was successful or not. But maybe I don't understand what you are talking about
    Last edited by mmoc0987dee31f; 2011-01-11 at 02:57 PM.

Does this mean that Skull Bash doesn't show up on Recount either? Because that would explain so much; I'm using it whenever I can as needed, but I never see a successful interrupt in the log afterward. I just assumed that someone else was getting the interrupt before I could, but it seemed fishy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't identify Skull Bash as an interrupt in the Combat Log, so most addons that track interrupts cannot track it (in fact, I know of none that do). That includes Info Meters such as Skada and Recount, as well as addons like InterruptThat.

Yes, that's pretty much what I meant. I am not quite sure, but I believe you won't be able to detect if it landed or not until Blizzard changes the tags on their side. Meaning, add it to the interrupt list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skull Bash is registered as:

Skull Bash(Cat Form) and
    Skull Bash(Bear Form)

I believe registering merely "Skull Bash" without the form extensions might not work.

I can also confirm the above posters, it isn't a registered interrupt. You should still enter the names I presented to plan for the future, in case they fix it.
    Last edited by Will; 2011-01-12 at 01:13 AM.

Yes I was going to say something about the name you are using. The above poster is correct. Like when using Macro's if you SHIFT-CLICK the spells from the spellbook into the macro, you get

Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    Skull Bash(Bear Form)

notice: no spaces between "Bash" and "("

Deleted
    Hi folks,

So I have tried to detect a SPELL_CAST_START of Skull Bash(Bear Form) or Skull Bash(Cat Form), store a variable like hasDruidSkullBashed and then see if I detect a SPELL_CAST_FAILED with failType = "Interrupt" from the target. But it seems too hard to do for me.

Do you think it is a good idea while waiting for a fix from Blizzard on the Skull Bash handling ?
    If yes, do you have an idea how to do ?

Iphi

P.S : do you know where I can find out what will be done by blizzard concerning that kind of issues ? I'm not sure if it will appear in the patch notes. Survey the US UI & Macro forum maybe ? What is damn sure is, nobody never saw a blue post on French UI & macros. Never, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphi View Post
    P.S : do you know where I can find out what will be done by blizzard concerning that kind of issues ? I'm not sure if it will appear in the patch notes.
    It usually won't appear at all or be under a generic "Several combat log bugs fixed", "Various bug fixed" patch note. May I suggest opening a ticket to see if they are away of the bug?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    It usually won't appear at all or be under a generic "Several combat log bugs fixed", "Various bug fixed" patch note. May I suggest opening a ticket to see if they are away of the bug?
    Well I guess that's what I'll do when 4.06 is released BUT I highly doubt they will be able to answer that question. I don't know how thay communicate between developers, CMs and GMs, but there seem to be some (understandable) lack of communication between the USA and europe and specifically, USA and non-english-speaking countries. I know this is inevitable, I'm not complaining ^^ It's juste that I some times in the past opened tickets to know something a little different from the old "halp my char is stuck" or "halp I lost that item", and the response I got by in-game mail 72-96h later was a polite but un-helpful "I dunno lol ! Thank you for patience and understanding." (in french of course, which makes it a lot more polite and a lot more unhelpful, as everybody knows)

Have you made any progress on this addon?

It would be nice if your addon would send a whisper/say/yell or whatever whenever someone performs an interrupt spell, whether or not it was successful or not. That would be handy in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphi View Post
    Well I guess that's what I'll do when 4.06 is released BUT I highly doubt they will be able to answer that question. I don't know how thay communicate between developers, CMs and GMs, but there seem to be some (understandable) lack of communication between the USA and europe and specifically, USA and non-english-speaking countries. I know this is inevitable, I'm not complaining ^^ It's juste that I some times in the past opened tickets to know something a little different from the old "halp my char is stuck" or "halp I lost that item", and the response I got by in-game mail 72-96h later was a polite but un-helpful "I dunno lol ! Thank you for patience and understanding." (in french of course, which makes it a lot more polite and a lot more unhelpful, as everybody knows)
    There's been bug reports since cata beta about it. Still no word from their end.