My main problem with WoW storyline

There is something lacking in the game, that I believe could make things alot more interesting if introduced. An extended relationship and appearances of a villain.

Notice that each villain is basically tied to a single expansion. We don't see or hear of them before their expansion ingame, until their time comes (or Blizzard decide to resurrect them, like Ragnaros).
    What I would really like to see is a villain that we interact with, match wits with, or even befriend throughout a greater period of the game. Think of characters like Darth Traya or Palpatine, or a mob boss that does deals with the upfront criminals to arm or supply them on the streets.

Another thing is, every villian we face, other than Alliance/Horde, are either Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil. It would be nice to have a villain that is Chaotic Neutral, or a Lawful Neutral who the extended villain above has manipulated us (long term) into fighting.

My main point here though is that I believe that it would be nice to have a villain that we build a kind of relationship with and are exposed to over multiple expansions, finally ending as a fightable boss that we've looked forward to because we're familiar with them, rather than some nostalgia to WC2/3.

Implying that Illidan/Kil'Jaeden never appeared in Warcraft III (even II in the case of Kil'Jaeden), Arthas in Warcraft III and vanilla WoW and Deathwing in Warcraft II.

Also:
    Notice that each villain is basically tied to a single expansion. We don't see or hear of them before their expansion ingame, until their time comes (or Blizzard decide to resurrect them, like Ragnaros).
    What I would really like to see is a villain that we interact with, match wits with, or even befriend throughout a greater period of the game. Think of characters like Darth Traya or Palpatine, or a mob boss that does deals with the upfront criminals to arm or supply them on the streets.

Another thing is, every villian we face, other than Alliance/Horde, are either Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil. It would be nice to have a villain that is Chaotic Neutral, or a Lawful Neutral who the extended villain above has manipulated us (long term) into fighting.
    Both had been done in Ulduar to some extent.

Last thing: How building a villidan through WoW is better than deal with a greater evil that we have since way before, just increasing the villains and never dealing with the stuff that we already have?

We can have the greater evil as well. This would be something a bit more personal, rather than someone who's more of a mythological creature brought into the limelight.

With expansions lasting 2 freakin' years... I think it's more than reasonable to be moving on at that point. Personally, I'd be fine if Arthas or the Lich King were never mentioned again. I don't think I could stand some untouchable villain hovering in the wings threatening us for 4-6 years when you know that eventually 10 people are going to walk into a raid and kick his/her ass at the end anyway.

EDIT: Plus you hear talk about threats all the time... you're just ignoring them I think. Queen Aszhara, the Old Gods, the Nightmare in the Emerald Dream that druids talk about non-stop, etc.

I think you are thinking of Kil'Jaeden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    With expansions lasting 2 freakin' years... I think it's more than reasonable to be moving on at that point. Personally, I'd be fine if Arthas or the Lich King were never mentioned again. I don't think I could stand some untouchable villain hovering in the wings threatening us for 4-6 years when you know that eventually 10 people are going to walk into a raid and kick his/her ass at the end anyway.

EDIT: Plus you hear talk about threats all the time... you're just ignoring them I think. Queen Aszhara, the Old Gods, the Nightmare in the Emerald Dream that druids talk about non-stop, etc.
    More QQ!! Love this.

We've been hearing from Illidan and Arthas from Warcraft3 and Deathwing from Warcraft2 and you say we don't hear from them until their expansion? And please don't bring D&D's alignment system to WoW, that's the most flawed char description system ever made.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

how could you get the horde or alliance to react to a chaotic neutral character? there not in the proper alingment to be a potential threat to anyone. there basically the guy that was in your class that saw some guy getting bullied but only reason he didnt join in was because he was too lazy.

Read what I said about mythological figures. We hear about it all the time, but how many times have you seen Aszhara or Xavius in the game?

We've been hearing from Illidan and Arthas from Warcraft3 and Deathwing from Warcraft2 and you say we don't hear from them until their expansion?
    How many times did you hear about them in Vanilla? Heard a little bit about Kel'thuzad, but we learned more about Hemet Nesingwary than him.

how could you get the horde or alliance to react to a chaotic neutral character?
    City raiders who don't really care what happens to the people in the city, as long as they get what they want to steal.
    Remember that everyones favorite character from the Pirates of the Carribean trilogy is infact Chaotic Neutral. Jack Sparrow wasn't a failure of a character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post

My main point here though is that I believe that it would be nice to have a villain that we build a kind of relationship with and are exposed to over multiple expansions, finally ending as a fightable boss that we've looked forward to because we're familiar with them, rather than some nostalgia to WC2/3.
    You mean the all Old Gods kinda thing that already exists in WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

There is something lacking in the game, that I believe could make things alot more interesting if introduced. An extended relationship and appearances of a villain.

While he doesn't have any actual in-game appearances yet, Sargeras is the end boss of WoW if I was to venture a guess. We plays a large part in the WoW storyline and will become active (supposedly he's in limbo or something) when the time is right.

Read what I said about mythological figures. We hear about it all the time, but how many times have you seen Aszhara or Xavius in the game?
    Actually... there is a new quest chain in Darkshore right now where you get to encounter Azshara.

From Wowwiki: Azshara makes her first appearance in the upcoming expansion World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in a minor role at Nazj'vel in southern Darkshore opposite Malfurion Stormrage. Both Alliance and Horde players can trigger her appearance at will by killing the four Darkscale Priestess surrounding the Horn of the Ancients.