10+ Year Old Account

Wow launcher not coming up?

Anyone else's wow launcher not coming up? i get an error"Launcher cannot obtain patching information.please check your internet configuration"yes i know the servers are down but i always run my launcher(and it has always worked during server dt) while they do it to check for patches etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Maintenance today, I'm sure that's why its not coming up. Earlier, before the maint hit, everything was fine for me. Now I'm getting this too. So, that's my assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Maintenance today, I'm sure that's why its not coming up. Earlier, before the maint hit, everything was fine for me. Now I'm getting this too. So, that's my assumption.
    yah still not working everyone seems to be having this issue,i just get paranoid the night before raid night that my wow wont load..

The same thing is happening to me. I don't think that it's the maintenance. My friend was able to get on...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am getting the same issue with the live wow launcher, but the PTR 4.0.6 launcher has no issue and is loading fine.

Maintenance is today. Therefore, update servers are down. Therefore, when your launcher tries to access the update server for "non-critical" updates, it has a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea mine is donig the same.
    also is any1 when going to log in on the wow website say the baattlenet is down?

This happened to me during raid times. Didnt manage to fix it, so I just had to leave for the night. The day after it worked again like nothing had happened. So I doubt it's because of maintenance.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My launcher is having the same issue. Going to wait till the servers come back up before i start panicking though.

battlenet goes down with Maintenance i believe
    For The Horde! Loktar Friends Proudly Horde since Day 1!

Deleted
    Anyone tried launching wow without the launcher but with the .exe?

Maintenance is scheduled to end at 11am PST. Check back then.

Deleted
    try opening your task-manager and check if there is a "launcher.exe" running, stop it and try starting up WoW again
    That's what i do when i got problems with the launcher not comming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiekemert View Post
    Yes, it works and you get the message about maintenance.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiekemert View Post
    yes and it gets you to login screen fine. it says they are doing scheduled mantainance

It is due to maintenance. They screwed the connection servers, I'm sure come 11 PST that the connection will be fine.
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

You can still get to the log in screen, you just gotta do it through the actual wow folder not the launcher.

My launcher isn't coming up either. I was wondering whether it was Charter again or had something to do with Maint. I guess I'll around 1pm, which is when servers come up my time.

Well it has been 3 days since the maintenance and I still got that message. So I un downloaded wow. And when I got to download wow it is telling me the samething the launcher did. Does this mean I will not be able to play wow every again?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Well it has been 3 days since the maintenance and I still got that message. So I un downloaded wow. And when I got to download wow it is telling me the samething the launcher did. Does this mean I will not be able to play wow every again?
    same thing happened to me. launcher didn't come up. i tried wow.exe, that didn't work, i disabled my firewall etc, still nothing. i have a perfectly fine internet connection at the time. uninstalled wow, reinstalled it twice and i am stuck at the cata instal disc, launcher does come up by it wont connect to the server. i try opening the wotlk game, aso wont connect to news server on that launcher, put in my email and password in and it says installing updates -1% and stops there. I'm so aggravated at this.