Good 2v2,3v3 Arena Comp with a ret paladin.

So atm the moment I'm doing 2's with an Unholy DK. We do alright, the problem is if we dont kill the healer within the time of my cooldowns we lose.
    For 3's I was running Resto Shammy, Arms War. It was going well until we went up against Resto Druid, Unholy DK and Arms Warrior. Faced this team 4 times as soon as we would kill their healer they would kill ours and they would proceed to rape us.. My question is, what is a good comp for a ret paladin?

EDIT** My partners for the 3's left the team. So what class's should I look for to fill the 2 empty spots?

You faced what is commonly called TSG... if played well it'll get you a gladiator title. It's sole purpose is to faceroll over people and there isn't another comp that can do it so well. It's really only counterable by heavy CC which you don't really have. The only option you have is the one nearly everyone that faces TSG does... train the damn DK. They are surprisingly squishy and if they go on the defensive you will win. Your comp itself is solid as can be hoped for as a ret paladin, I would consider trying to train a DPS rather than their healer though. You guys with cooldowns have enough DPS to shred someone in seconds and your warrior can dispel an invuln if it comes.

Here's a list of all the good comb's for a Ret Pally:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Really though, ret is just a girly version of Warriors right now.. the only benifit you bring is bubble and reasonably good heals on other people.

Just looked through the top 200 3v3 teams on my battlegroup, there is 2 ret paladins, 2 prot paladins, and about 100 Holy Paladins ;]

Both Ret's were running Ret / Arms / Healer, so, I guess you could try that.. there isn't much CC there at all though, so you'd have to rely on nuking somebody down asap and hoping the other team doesn't have a mage.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    You faced what is commonly called TSG... if played well it'll get you a gladiator title. It's sole purpose is to faceroll over people and there isn't another comp that can do it so well. It's really only counterable by heavy CC which you don't really have. The only option you have is the one nearly everyone that faces TSG does... train the damn DK. They are surprisingly squishy and if they go on the defensive you will win. Your comp itself is solid as can be hoped for as a ret paladin, I would consider trying to train a DPS rather than their healer though. You guys with cooldowns have enough DPS to shred someone in seconds and your warrior can dispel an invuln if it comes.
    In my 3's we usually tunnel the Warrior while I rotate cyclone/roots between the DK and their healer. I don't think we've lost against TSG yet and we're at 2k rating.

Yeah, I'll have to talk to them about that. I was thinkin about the DK the whole time. I was obviously HoP my healer, but the DK still killed him. I suggested it but we were all tired of losing to that fucking team we called it a night. We ended up going 8-4 until we got to that team and went 8-8. Was'nt bad for my first 3's team, I really didn't know what to expect. Thanks for the replys, maybe this will help when we face this team again.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 02:43 PM ----------

You guys with cooldowns have enough DPS to shred someone in seconds and your warrior can dispel an invuln if it comes.
    Yeah, Wings + Inquisition + Heroism + Pet = Awesome. Only Cooldown after that was Zealotry and if that went off and we hadn't killed them by then, I usually spent most of my holy power using word of glory on the teammate that needed it.
    Last edited by Bashful; 2011-01-11 at 02:43 PM.

I'm rolling with a DK and a Holy Paladin. So far it goes okay. We dps down an enemy DD most of the time and CC the healer. The DK as of current is specced Frost so we Start off with me putting Repentance on their Healer, which is followed by Hungering Cold and then by a Silence while casting. If possible I stun the healer or our Holy Pally does so. It brought us to 2,2k so far. Most annoying, however, is that this prick of a guardian never attacks what I attack. I focus, if you want so, the warrior, but my guardian always goes for their healer. Worst case would be, when he breaks Hungering Cold. He's just such a prick and needs to be controllable. Leaving him out and pooping on his DPS and my 20% + strength is nothing that's gonna happen.

In my 3's we usually tunnel the Warrior while I rotate cyclone/roots between the DK and their healer. I don't think we've lost against TSG yet and we're at 2k rating.
    Well either way training a DPS is a good plan against TSG. I've always found the DK to be easier to kill and more dangerous mainly because they have ranged snares, grip, blanket silence, ranged interrupt, stun, lots of damage, super powered cleave happy pet(speaking of the pet... fear it with turn evil) and necrotic strike.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    I'm rolling with a DK and a Holy Paladin. So far it goes okay. We dps down an enemy DD most of the time and CC the healer. The DK as of current is specced Frost so we Start off with me putting Repentance on their Healer, which is followed by Hungering Cold and then by a Silence while casting. If possible I stun the healer or our Holy Pally does so. It brought us to 2,2k so far. Most annoying, however, is that this prick of a guardian never attacks what I attack. I focus, if you want so, the warrior, but my guardian always goes for their healer. Worst case would be, when he breaks Hungering Cold. He's just such a prick and needs to be controllable. Leaving him out and pooping on his DPS and my 20% + strength is nothing that's gonna happen.
    The Warrior also has a DK which is the server best DK. Im unsure how he is about trying this comp. And I agree with you on the gaurdian, that fucker always used to break Hex on the healer. Caused us to lose some matchs. Got to were I was only using him when I knew we were going to focus fire the healer or when it was 3v2 and we were finishing off the dps.

Deleted
    When the next patch hits i believe Rsham/Hpal, DK and ret will be viable due to the burst. Its going to be like a warrior with less mobility and some perks like 2x freedom