Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow to all of the people being complete asshats. I know it's maintenance day, I know how to check status (which has Nothing to do with my problem as far as I knew).
    I wasn't QQing about anything I was asking a legit question to make sure that I didn't need to fix anything on my end, because I personally have never had this happen before.
    So maybe in the future instead of taking the time to post a remark that's useless and rude you can just to go troll another thread.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    I think he posted on the forums because this message has never come up before. Usually on maintenance days the launcher still opens up fine, but today it gives an error message instead. I was concerned as well about it.
    It's nice to see that some people have brains that they're using.

Noticed this last night as well. If your launcher isn't working you always have the option to open the game manually by launching wow.exe. That will always work regardless of internet connection unless your WoW install is indeed corrupt. You likely wont be able to log in, but you should see the message Blizzard has posted about down time on the left.

I'm not entirely sure that the launcher not opening was intended by Blizzard, since it would make more sense to let it open and just not have any content or show a message after it has opened so that it doesn't look like its broken, but whatever. I'm 98% sure it's because of maintenance.

Ok..dumb question..are they patching with 4.06 today?

Ah, I get why some people think the poster is just an idiot but thats not true.
    I have been playing WoW for 4years and this is the first tuesday that I have actually been unable to open the game at the least on a patch day.
    I was always able to open the game and at least see the message that the servers are down.

ok, so it is patching. could be the reason..maybe they are patching the patcher :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    i realize people are "it will pass" but is the launcher going to just start working again? or am i gona have to try and fix something myself?

also, its past 11 now and im still having this issue.
    No it really isn't.

It's 9am PT. You have two hours bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imbak333 View Post
    Ah, I get why some people think the poster is just an idiot but thats not true.
    I have been playing WoW for 4years and this is the first tuesday that I have actually been unable to open the game at the least on a patch day.
    I was always able to open the game and at least see the message that the servers are down.
    They think I'm an idiot because they came into the thread with the mindset of trolling and not actually reading my post, but instead replying with useless remarks that made them go LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL for their Tuesday morning without wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    i realize people are "it will pass" but is the launcher going to just start working again? or am i gona have to try and fix something myself?

also, its past 11 now and im still having this issue.
    Servers will be up at 11PST, not 11 your time

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    No it really isn't.

It's 9am PT. You have two hours bud.

doh >_< i was going by eastern time like the forgetful idiot i am lol

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Uh, go to your WoW folder, run WoW.exe. The game loads, the game says maint until 11am PST.

We've only had rolling restarts for like three weeks and no maint so, understable some people are like AGHH WHAT IS THIS!
    Tried this earlier, wouldn't pop up for me :P

not only are servers down but battle.net is down (cant log in to SC2) wait till 11 am and it will be back up.

It's just a bug with the launcher, but it's definitely related to the fact that there is maintenance today.
    If you manually open up your World of Warcraft folder and run the WoW.exe, the game will bypass the launcher and open.
    However, if you then try to log in, you will get that annoying "Cannot Connect" error.
    I'm thinking Blizz may have shut down or reset certain servers during this maintenance. They could even be upgrading some of them, etc.

Just don't worry about it. There's still 2 hours of scheduled maintenance left. If it's still not working at that time, then I'd assume we'll see a Blue post shortly after.

Yea mine is telling me to check internet config y is that? wow has always worked for me..