What is the incentive to do 25-man's?

Originally when Blizz announced they were putting the same loot in 10-man and 25-man raids, I thought they said the incentive to do 25-man is that there would be more loot dropped per person.

But someone told me today that 25-man bosses drop 5 pieces of loot. Is this correct? If so, that is the same ratio of loot-to-people as 2 pieces dropping in a 10-man raid. So where is the incentive? I even saw a recent video of I think it was Magmaw and it appeared that he only dropped 4 pieces of loot for their 25-man group, which is the same as just doing two 10-man's.

The only real incentive is more Valor points, and that's about it. The loot is doubled, but there's the 5 extra people that make the double loot less awesome since it'll take longer to gear up seeing as the ratio is less loot per people.

more friends and more fun!

I honestly enjoy the 25mans more than the 10mans, it just feels so much bigger and more epic. Although it also felt a big easier...

More valor points and a few more drops per boss, but here is how I look at it. No point in doing 25s because it way easier to keep 10 players in sync than it is 25 so your progression should go much faster in a 10 rather than a 25 so the extra valor points and gear is useless because you should be able to kill more bosses at a faster pace with 10 people rather than 25.

You get 3 tier tokens on bosses for 1 token per 8.333 people instead of 1 token for 10 people.

Only time you'll really get more loot. But yeah the VP bonus is nice, I'm done with all my VP items already (pants dropped, bought boots of AH) but got gloves, ring, cloak and chest from VP already.

Also quite a few bosses are trivialized on 25 compared to 10's. Biggest one I can think of was Cho'gall, we killed him once on 10's in two seperate groups with some work, on 25's with 2 fire mages, 3 warlocks, 2 DK's, a Boomchicken, 2 shaman, 2 hunters for AOE/slows/stuns bloods were a complete joke to the point we ended up telling half the AOE'ers to forget about bloods and keep nuking Cho'gall. Phase 2 was also retarded with so many AOE stuns/interrupts.
    Last edited by Heilige; 2011-01-11 at 05:59 PM.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

They really blew it on raiding, its causing all sorts of problems.

Deleted
    More pain more gain!
    And fun ofc

Deleted
    The reason you want to do 25s is because you have a bigger shot at getting loot that will actually be used. Even if the items/players ratio is the same, you have more class variations in a 25man as opposed to 10s. Unless you run a strict 10man guild where every class can play all their roles/specs - then you have no loot 'wasted'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    They really blew it on raiding, its causing all sorts of problems.
    It's not causing any sort of problem, the players are the ones that cause the problems. If your in a raid group that's been doing 25's they will most likely stay in the 25 progression since that is what they have the most experience with. If players in that group are bummed out and think there's no reason to do "Harder" versions of raids for about = outcome, then essentially the Raid itself is weeding out the QQer's from the ones that want to do it.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Because 25s are more enjoyable. Heaven forbid not everybody believe that the game begins and ends with loot.

P.S. people have noticed that the majority of world firsts have been in 25?

its harder

thats the only real incentive imo..."more valor points" would be true except blizzard put an idiotic weekly cap on valor points.. whats the reason for this again??

loot is the same ratio per person.. i guess you have a bigger chance of seeing a particular drop in 25s but thats about it

There is already a thread on the exact same subject in the first page in "Raids & Dungeons".
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Why do you need an incentive to run 25 man? If you enjoy it (like I do)...then do it...if not...then run 10's

You're less likely to waste loot in a 25m than a 10m... since you have more class diversity. There's also the extra vp. And ofc some people just like diong 25m's more than 10m's... like me.
    One theme I see popping up sometimes is to have a 25m "farm" run, and then 2 or more 10m "progression" runs later in the week. Works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrays View Post
    The only real incentive is more Valor points, and that's about it. The loot is doubled, but there's the 5 extra people that make the double loot less awesome since it'll take longer to gear up seeing as the ratio is less loot per people.
    The 25m's drop 5 pieces of loot not 4.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabaka View Post
    its harder

thats the only real incentive imo..."more valor points" would be true except blizzard put an idiotic weekly cap on valor points.. whats the reason for this again??

loot is the same ratio per person.. i guess you have a bigger chance of seeing a particular drop in 25s but thats about it
    Actually, most people seem to think that 10man is actually tougher. Ascendent Council and Cho'gall in particular are much easier on 25 than on 10.

One incentive to run 25-man raids is to gear up your guild faster. Not just you personally, but the whole guild. With a 25-man raid dropping 5 pieces of loot, that's 5 upgrades for your guild per boss per night (vs. only 2 per boss per night with 10-mans).

If you're in a small guild, this reason is null and void...but if you're one of 300+ guild members all trying to raid and gear up for heroic raids, this can make a difference.

You get loot to raid, you don't raid to get loot. Or, if you do raid to get loot, you're just a greedy asshole.

Personally, I prefer 25 mans due to the social aspect of it. I prefer a large group of people going into a dungeon instead of a smaller one.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

I dont know what people are constantly talking about "OMG ITS NOT MOAR LOOT" when in fact it is.

It doesn't matter that it's 2/5loot 10/25m. IN 25 THERE IS MORE DISTRIBUTION. If you are in a 10m with 1shaman, after those bracers drop, every other time you're fuc*ed. I'm not going to get into (omg DEing items is awesome, because its a month in, w/e). Also, about this whole thing 25 being harder as many other posters have commented on is ludicrous. 10m is easier on some fights, 25m on others. 25m is easier in some ways, harder in others, for many guilds, like mine, we always raided 25m, and we continue to do so, other top guilds on my server (tichondrius ally) have switched to multiple 10m groups and many are less progressed and have significantly less gear.

With 5 drops per boss (many bosses have 8-12 items on loot table) you can expect that trinket, or that neck, realistically every couple weeks, while in 10m you could wait months. DBW anyone? I love 5 drops per mob, I love this game, and I love 25m, and the hate.
    [img]i.imgur.com/3uTIf.png[/img]