Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i can live with the PoH nerf if disc is still gonna get the Grace change and PoM glyph !! Would be awesome IF PoH would apply 1 stack of Grace on all 5 targets in range... [i know im dreaming]

Following WoWhead CoH basehealing got buffed by about 600 too 2300 to 2600.
    So i'd say this doesn't hurt much, and to be honest, it was too good.

10+ Year Old Account
    And apparently Lightwell didn't actually get nerfed, they were just correcting a tooltip to match what had been already applied via hotfix. Love ya, Blizzard!

And I guess I'm getting the PoM glyph now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

indeed, on any raid-wide damage fight, PoH accounted for quite a lot of our healing, which in a way is what it was meant for. PoM and Coh will make up for it hopefully, and guess i'll get some more mastery too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunternation View Post
    lol we def havent been nerfed to the ground
    Nope. But keep doing well even with the nerfs.... and we will be. The pattern I see is this:

Priests are underpowered. Tweak a little.
    Huge Buffs.
    More Buffs.
    Small Nerf.
    Buff.
    HUGE Nerf.
    Buff.
    To the ground.

Largely, the issue is that not enough priests whine. Most people who play priests seem to be more humble and so they don't really get on the QQ wagon with every other class quite as often. I believe that results in us always being the optimal "in-game beta testers" so to speak, for healing anyways.

I am slightly saddened by the PoH nerf, but overall I am okay with it since looking at logs it seems to be about half of my ~15% avg overhealing. I am PISSED about the LW nerf, NOT because it didn't need it but because Blizz sat there for MONTHS prior to Cata and drilled it into us that we had to get our DPS on the ball about using LW. So I have been drilling it into our raiders incessantly.... and I have a feeling it will be nerfed more b/c.... since so many people actually use it now, it shows as a decent number in our heals so they will nerf it until they are happy with the results THEY see, not that we get.

Priests are in a relatively decent spot right now (Holy, anyways). They don't need to change a lot, but unfortunately we always suffer when other classes don't play as well as us.

They are trying to essentially make every healing class the same without admitting it, and they will insist they are doing no such thing, but the more they make us "individual" the more it seems we are exactly like one another as far as class is concerned. It leaves me with one option: Play the one that has the best coefficients and regen atm.

Sad, b/c I have had my priest as my main for almost 5 years.

Just my $0.02, take it for what you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

LW was NOT nerfed, it was a tooltip fix.

PoH was too powerful for Holy, CoH has been buffed.

PoH is Discs go to AoE heal. Blizz doesnt want to nerf Disc's Aoe Healing hence: "Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect."

After all these changes we are fine if not excellent.

Deleted
    ive got mixed feelings about poH nerf. yes it was needed, sometimes PoH accounts for 50% or my healing done (including echos and glyphs) and it is slightly boring to play, but i wouldnt blame players for choosing to use it as a shortcut, its how the encounters have been designed. so many of them have raid wide aoe, whats the best tool for that - PoH ofc.
    on the other hand, i dont think buff to circle is enough to compensate this, maybe small buff to PoM on all bounces not just one would be better, but we shall see.

edit: and make PoM procc echos ffs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Largely, the issue is that not enough priests whine. Most people who play priests seem to be more humble and so they don't really get on the QQ wagon with every other class quite as often.
    This - we just find our way around every nerf - we have biggest variety of spells to choose from, we have two healing specs, we are called the primary healing class by Blizz, yet we get nerfed to the ground all the time - so what's so bad in priest being top in healing in rajds? was it better when shammies just spammed one spell, or palas overpowering us with their beacons, and priest being treated as bubble machine (disc) or nice addition to the raid but hey let's take a druid, he'll do more raid healing. I never had problems with getting raid spots, lot of times I was topping the meters but it came with a lot of effort, now I felt a bit better as being back as a top healing class, and what do we get? a nerf ofc because other healers whined about how underpowered they were...
    I want to be overpowered, I want a nice PoH I want to feel that I'm playing a class that was designed to heal and I want to see it in it's power, I can't tank like pala or druid, I don't have two different dps specs like shammy, I'm a healer not a hybrid and that's how I wanna feel.

Ofc this PoH nerf means a little we'll manage, CoH will compensate for that but I just feel that this is going to be a tendency to bring us down again

POH nerf was needed, and I saw it coming a while back. As a disc priest, I'm not complaining at all though.

Nerfs:
    - 15% to BASE PoH healing, it still scales the same.

Buffs:
    - PWS now shields + heal for 25k+(30k+ on the priest), so we can go back to pre-shielding in anticipation of heavy AOE.
    - POM buff (first tick goes from 6k to 10k?)
    - Grace buff (woot woot!)
    - Desperate Prayer (actually worth taking now, a free, instant cast 30k+ heal for oh $#!% situations)

They are trying to essentially make every healing class the same without admitting it, and they will insist they are doing no such thing, but the more they make us "individual" the more it seems we are exactly like one another as far as class is concerned. It leaves me with one option: Play the one that has the best coefficients and regen atm.

Sad, b/c I have had my priest as my main for almost 5 years.

Just my $0.02, take it for what you will.
    You hit the nail on the head, every class has the same single target heal play style. Every class has a stand in the light to get healed spell. Healing just feel so homogenized now.

It just feels like priests get the shaft because we have more far more variety of spells than any other healer and that lets the good priests seriously rock. Priests are hard to play right, but if you can play them right, you will rock. It pisses me off because most of the other healing classes are fairly easy to play. Shamans for example, take absolutely no thought at all to play. Uh oh, a lot of people are taking damage, chain heal. Priests have to use their brain so they choose the right AOE heal. Is it damage that PoM can heal effectively? Is it heavy damage? Do I have time to cast PoH or do I need to cast CoH first? Do I need to even cast both at all? Do I need to switch Chakra states?

What happened to rewarding harder classes with better results if played properly?

Deleted
    Lightwell wasn't nerf.
    Tys god they nerf PoM. Priest need to hit more bottons and not do 14k HTS for spam almost one spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    It's only 15%, it's a nerf but it's not the end of the world :] Personally though I think PoH could have used a buff actually..
    I agree, it's expansive, slow and lacks the real punch for the ammount of mana....
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Agree too, use it only when I'm way behind in my healing and even then I don't think it is worth the mana. This expansion has made some spells that were useless in LK viable and made a whole lot of previously useful spell useless, or close to it.

The PoH nerf was gonna happen sooner or later with scaling. We had to wait till Ulduar in LK for the PoH nerf but it came much sooner in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    PoH needed a nerf. It was doing upwards of 40-50% healing for any fight involving aoe (most fights in cata). It was the go-to heal because it was so mana efficient and head and shoulders above any over healing spell we had. A nerf also brings it down towards the other classes aoe spells.
    I think this sums it up. What Blizzard wants to see is a moderately even distribution of healing spell usage. We saw this for a bit during Beta, but it broke down when Blizzard buffed PoH massively, making it an incredibly powerful heal. It basically pigeonholed Holy back into raid healing again, something that seems to happen every single expansion. I see this nerf as Blizzard's attempt to keep it from happening (again). They nerf PoH and in compensation buff Renew and make Chakra: Serenity more convenient and well-rounded (I like the idea of double-refreshing Renew with Binding Heal). There was also a bit of a regen nerf which makes Serenity (which as a whole is a more efficiency-oriented Chakra than Sanctuary) a tad more attractive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    The PoH nerf was gonna happen sooner or later with scaling. We had to wait till Ulduar in LK for the PoH nerf but it came much sooner in Cata.
    You do realize that they buffed and nerfed PoH in Ulduar right? They buffed it by making it party-targetable then after a patch where it demonstrated it was ridiculously powerful (especially combined with the new Serendipity that Holy got in the same patch) they nerfed it to reflect its new mechanics.

I'd like some more disc perspective on this subject, all I see is people saying it is okay due to the buff to CoH... Yeah, disc priests needs more attention in raid healing.. Because, not only do we not fully use the glyph of PoH to it's fullest, but we may also neglect the shield that we put on people unless they take more aoe dmg within the cast of the 2nd PoH... We are currently great aid in aoe fights, but still healing the tanks.

If we don't get the PoH/PoH glyph redesigned, we'll be tank healers with aoe assistance forever.

<---- Is a disc priest, and does not mind the nerf.

People seem to forget that along with the nerf comes the massive buff to PWS.

Largely, the issue is that not enough priests whine. Most people who play priests seem to be more humble and so they don't really get on the QQ wagon with every other class quite as often.
    LOL...

You contradict yourself later in your post. Lw and poh nerfs are heavily justified.

Guys, read the front page. Its not the BASE healing. Its the overall efficiency. That means base healing and the impact of spellpower is being reduced. Its nerfed way more than it would be, if just the basehealing would be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeefilter View Post
    Guys, read the front page. Its not the BASE healing. Its the overall efficiency. That means base healing and the impact of spellpower is being reduced. Its nerfed way more than it would be, if just the basehealing would be reduced.

No, maybe you need to learn how to read.

From the front page:

Prayer of Healing base healing reduced by 15%, from 3633 - 3838 to 3087 - 3262.