Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does Blizzard Even Know WTF is Durid?

It seems like they keep buffing and nerfing us in opposite directions each patch:

feral damage too low, buff it
    feral damage too high, nerf it

sooth needs a cast time, oh well actually it doesn't, lol sorry

10 minute brez, no wait 30 minute brez, no wait 10 minute brez

treeform is too short, now it's too long, nerf buff nerf

wild growth is wotlk wild growth again, healing will be faceroll again before this xpac is over

lol, stupid mushrooms went all through beta and are just now getting the redesign they need to MAYBE be useful SOMETIMES

wtf blizzard, you're giving me a headache. pick a design and go with it, at least for a couple of months.

edit: oh yeah lets not forget an entire redesign of one of our talents, nature's bounty. isn't that what beta is for?

lol i agree with you its pretty ridiculous how they throw nerfs back and forth at us.

Do not want to sound like an ass but, uhm, Blizzard might really not know what a "Durid" is... maybe change it to Druid? /wink wink

15+ Year Old Account
    blizzard is always still balancing stuff out even a month or two after a release of an xpac, if you didn't know it, so pls stop whining and delete this thread
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

So what you're saying is that you're the 4.0 equelevant of 3.0 Paladins?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cause these changes are going live right now and aren't going to a PTR or anything for a bit of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Do not want to sound like an ass but, uhm, Blizzard might really not know what a "Durid" is... maybe change it to Druid? /wink wink
    well if they dont then someone should tell them that durids is 4 haf fun time wit frens

wow so much hostility for a thread that i thought was in general good humour... i think its funny how they seem to flip back and forth on almost every point. you people need to lighten up, alamo would be ashamed
    Last edited by fews; 2011-01-11 at 07:43 PM.

I can't believe they changed WG back to 8 seconds. Combined with the other changes that were announced before I think we might become imbalanced.(I hate to say it but cmon, as it stands now WG is 30% of my healing some fights and I almost always use it on CD, now I can use it 20% more)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    I can't believe they changed WG back to 8 seconds. Combined with the other changes that were announced before I think we might become imbalanced.(I hate to say it but cmon, as it stands now WG is 30% of my healing some fights and I almost always use it on CD, now I can use it 20% more)
    ya its gonna be like two glorious weeks of raiding and loling at the paladins before we get nerfed again im sure of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I always laugh when I think of the players who dont frequent forums and the like. Since the tool-tips are often several nerf/buff cycles behind they must have no idea what the different abilities do day to day.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It will always be this way right after a new xpac. Remember when Unholy DK could come back to life as a ghoul and Ret Paladins could roflstomp a whole group?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    It will always be this way right after a new xpac.
    And mid xpac, and towards the end.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Your post made me laugh, but it is quite true. Blizzard tends to overdo buffs/nerfs, so they take 3-5 times to get it right most the time. Sooth needed that cast time, an instant cast to dispell all enrages? come on...
    Druids needed their raid healing strengthened. That was done with rejuv changes and nature's bounty now being quite useful.
    Tree form feels about right now.
    Shrooms are useful right now... but they were quite restricted with the cast time and small radius, which were both fixed. They do very good damage for aoe if you are in a solar eclipse.

And yeah ferals damage goes up and down like a roller coaster...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Sooth needed that cast time, an instant cast to dispell all enrages? come on...
    um tranq shot doesn't have a cast time and never did. the fact that it had a cast time was bizarre to me.

and wild mushrooms are actually useless in their current incarnation except to cast before a fight starts and detonate after you hit solar eclipse. the most effective aoe right now is to actually strafe around and tab target moonfire/sunfire, and sunfire spam (plus all the starsurge procs) is definitely going to do more damage than mushrooms when all the mushrooms don't even hit all the targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    the fact that it had a cast time was bizarre to me.
    Let me explain. Long long ago, Priests used Sooth Mind to bypass content. So their spell was nerfed and had a cast time added to it. We where told that Sooth Mind and Sooth Beast shared code, and thus Sooth Beast also was given a cast time.

Time passed. Blizzard changed their mind and reverted the nerf to Sooth Mind. However, some how, they managed to first separate Sooth Mind and Sooth Beast and neglected to remove the cast time on Sooth Beast.

Then time started to seriously pass. Years later, the original nerf is finally removed.

-Kujako-

Blizzard changes other classes abilities and gameplay mechanics which causes them to look back and say "Well maybe we should change this back to this or go with this plan instead"

I'm particularly happy with the patch notes. We get a buff to mastery which even if you don't have a lot of it it's still a flat DPS increase and the mushroom fix may make some encounters with AoE a lot easier. I still think the slow effect either needs to be a more potent slow for such a small radius or increase the radius. I was sad to see the few resto nerfs, but even with a nerf they give us a big buff right after it.

They balance things out and we play the game that's how it should be.

Let me explain. Long long ago, Priests used Sooth Mind to bypass content. So their spell was nerfed and had a cast time added to it. We where told that Sooth Mind and Sooth Beast shared code, and thus Sooth Beast also was given a cast time.

Time passed. Blizzard changed their mind and reverted the nerf to Sooth Mind. However, some how, they managed to first separate Sooth Mind and Sooth Beast and neglected to remove the cast time on Sooth Beast.

Then time started to seriously pass. Years later, the original nerf is finally removed.
    Soothe is the De-Enrager druids have that was very recently taken off the instant cast list. Soothe Beast is a completely different spell. In fact I'm pretty sure we don't even have soothe beast anymore because it was turned into the De-enrager ability.
    Last edited by Clawtrocity; 2011-01-11 at 08:54 PM.

Lmao

All the the nerfs/buffs i have been reading about are EXACTLY why i have not bought cata yet...
    I will gladly wait till they actualy have a game that is done being buffed/nurfed...isnt that what beta is for????(ohh wait... a majority of their beta testers were "average joe's" who did not give a crap about testing/balancing)
    Why are we Paying blizzard millions of dollars a month to release an INCOMPLETE game, with classes that need nurfs/buffs??.
    When did it become ok to release something that was NOT COMPLETE, and then say it's 90% done, but we are going to change it around over the next 3-6 months. Is their player base so dependent on new content that we dont care if its a complete package?
    This is the second expantion that they completly screw'd my Main over. Just thought i would say, "Thanks".

Its like selling someone a cheeseburger and telling them they can eat it now, but there is no cheese, or Bun. Also they can come back tomorrow and eat it again. But now its tommorow and there is only a chickenburger w/o cheese but now they have BUNS!. Well i want my ***** cheeseburger, and i want it with cheese and a gad dam BUN. I will go somewhere else to get my burger fix... thank you for the fail.

Deleted
    A friend of mine once painted to me a very good picture of how Blizzard thinks regarding buffs/nerfs/general balance:

"It's not about getting the boat to it's destination, it's about keeping it floating."

They can't just stop trying to balance the game, it's an ever-present battle for balance.

Or we can go back to the "class review patches" of vanilla. And the shamans dot-shocking the forums ftl. Let's not. They're being responsive and trying to do the best they can for the community and the game as a whole.

You and the people who only play one class and only care very much about that one thing - are a very small part of that community. They have to design for a larger perspective on things. That means changes for individual specs, esp. right after an expac if things turn out broken like frostmages and ferals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Soothe is the De-Enrager druids have that was very recently taken off the instant cast list. Soothe Beast is a completely different spell. In fact I'm pretty sure we don't even have soothe beast anymore because it was turned into the De-enrager ability.
    Yes, Sooth Beast was changed into Sooth. It was a name and functionality change, but it kept the spell id I think (meaning that if it was on your tool bar as Sooth Beast it because Sooth).

-Kujako-