GPU Temperature in OG and other zones

I blew the dust out of the pc (hardly found any, but still) and I noticed the GPU temp. going down to 56-57C in Orgrimmar in most busy afternoons.
    It strange because before I cleaned the dust out, OG was making my GPU rise up to 70-72C (which I found out it's not a very high temperature, but still) and now I get higher temperatures in zones like Lost Isles and other open-area zones from Cata.
    Are those zones more textured/modeled that Orgrimmar?
    I couldn't think of any other reason why OG gives me low temperature while other clean/open zones rise the temperature.
    Can anyone help?

TL;DR GPU temperature 55 C in busy day Orgrimmar, 70 C+ in open area zones. wat do ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm assuming you get lower FPS in OG than lost isles, yes?
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

Can you tell us the model of your GPU and CPU ? And how much RAM do you have ?
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-01-12 at 03:40 AM.

I'm not having lower FPS in Orgrimmar, although sometimes the game freezes for a second or two when OG is busy (only in Valley of Strength, because that's where most people hang out).

I have a GeForce 9600GT @1GB and an AMD Athlon II X2 245 @2.91Ghz

Deleted
    turn shadows to low, and turn multisampling down - I also have water at medium setting, i find it looks better than high :s
    Draw distance is also a factor, OG is small, nothing to really render but the people, outside the city , massive maps, lots of trees and terrian to draw.
    Last edited by mmoc796e664f5d; 2011-01-12 at 10:27 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering the FPS isn't much of a difference between the two areas (haven't subscribed back to wow for a few months now, so I dont know all these new areas) but lost isles might be more GPU demanding. With all the lava glowing and new water reflections and stuff, Cataclysm areas definitely puts the GPU to work more than any other expansion now.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

I see, thanks for clearing it up ^^

You should try Storm Peaks. That zone is a GPU killer for those with dusty or non-functioning fans.