Current State of Survival, and Patch Notes.

Right now, I admit our burst is a little too high. We maintain high DPS while moving aswell with AotF.

In my raids I've done, I am about 20-22k the next is 19-20k, which is a Combat Rogue... (10man) Looking at the other class buffs VS our's currently seems we will be under the other Pure DPS classes, and maybe even Hybrids.

I think we were fine with the 5% nerf to our Mastery, but now it seems too far. I know this is the first real set of Patch Notes. Some may not even make it live. This doesn't worry me too much, because we have retained in the top 3 DPS classes for years. What does seem concerning is the small amount of buffs we recieve VS other classes. The buffs to MM and BM are crap.

Also, I recall a similar nerf to SV back in T7 with our damage. We got a pretty big nerf, but remained near top until T9, then it was go spec MM. I'd hate for this to happen again, but it looks like that.

Post other opinions if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by hakai View Post
    Right now, I admit our burst is a little too high. We maintain high DPS while moving aswell with AotF.

In my raids I've done, I am about 20-22k the next is 19-20k, which is a Combat Rogue... (10man) Looking at the other class buffs VS our's currently seems we will be under the other Pure DPS classes, and maybe even Hybrids.

I think we were fine with the 5% nerf to our Mastery, but now it seems too far. I know this is the first real set of Patch Notes. Some may not even make it live. This doesn't worry me too much, because we have retained in the top 3 DPS classes for years. What does seem concerning is the small amount of buffs we recieve VS other classes. The buffs to MM and BM are crap.

Also, I recall a similar nerf to SV back in T7 with our damage. We got a pretty big nerf, but remained near top until T9, then it was go spec MM. I'd hate for this to happen again, but it looks like that.

Post other opinions if you want.
    I take, you are the worlds best hunter then. Since in non-buffed fights(10man)->
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...g_Descent/dps/
    the best hunters peek at 21k.
    Our burst is too high? yeap, thats why there is 1 hunter in the top200 arena rankings. Due the high burst we got. I kinda think, you got no clue what burst means.
    Last edited by kunn; 2011-01-11 at 08:42 PM.

We don't have high burst damage. We have fast ramp up...

hunters are indeed burst dps - when the target is under 20% your kill shot does a huge amount of damage. besides that...not so much due to focus.

Deleted
    according to a friend of mine if this mades into live its better to use arcane shot then explosive shot.
    He also calculated the nerf and its a 10-15% dps lose.
    So that would mean that i would go from 18k ST to around 15k -.-

Instead of nerfing classes I think the principle of buffing other classes to be as good would be better. You can always give bosses more hit points if the dps in the game is to high.