10+ Year Old Account

Raiding Item Level

For raiding what is the preferred area of item level needed for bosses.

Coming from a rogue dps. I'm no item level whore, I just was wondering what would really be needed for guild raiding.
    Hey everyone

i would say somewhere around 340+ (to survive all the AoE) but other then that have you should have atleast 10k+ dps

10+ Year Old Account
    10k DPS is no problem for me, was doing that on tank and spank bosses at 82. Thanks for the reply.
    Hey everyone

Probably in the 340s, given that heroics give 346s.

"technically" you need 346 ilvl (As stated by blue something along the lines of "you need full heroic gear to move into raiding") but yeah, 340 should be sufficient. tbh i'd rather take someone with 340 who knew what they were doing vs someone with 350+ who is clueless :P

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

As a healer, from doing a couple bosses in BoT, I'd say average item level of 345+

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    10k DPS is no problem for me, was doing that on tank and spank bosses at 82. Thanks for the reply.

That's in 82, but when you reach higher you need more crit/haste/hit rating etc..... to get the same amount as you was in 82.
    OT: You probly need something like 340+ yeah to do a decent dmg or what role you are in raid.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post

You can't judge dps at 85 by what you were doing at 82. Combat ratings needed per percent inflated drastically as you levelled from 80-85. It's similar to how many dps were quoting their icc dps numbers as fact when looking for groups in wrath, eventhough they were artificially inflated by the icc buff. I had a hunter friend that sat at about 90% in combat with procs/buffs for the first two or three levels of Cata, then quickly toned down to much more modest numbers at 85.

Deleted
    On my server people are asking for 341 for BH pugs, or 344 with 2 or more pvp vendor items (352? item level). I think 340 for a dps is fine as 340 should be able to pull their weight and do 10k+ dps.

Rogues in rags gear can hang up 14k dps no problem and with their new 5 combo point self heal staying alive isnt much of an issue either. Better gear of course equals better numbers but as a rogue right now if you know your class you raid pretty much right away at 85 with little to no gearing efforts.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I had 338 in my first raid and was by far the best geared; if you've got competent people going as low as 330 is np(we've had people sub in on our 25-mans with as low as 320 avg) but 340ish is a good aim. On the note of surviving AoE; gear does fuck all for that, know where to stand, when to feint and rely on your healers outside of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm at 335 right now (not stacking items in bags) so it shouldn't take to long (the heroic queue's do lol).
    Hey everyone