Frost pve damage

Anyone else finding this spec less frustrating then fire? I raided as fire last week and was not very happy with my numbers at all. Started raiding as frost and now my numbers have improved quite a bit but most importantly I am very consistent with these numbers

IMO frost is a lot more fun due to management of cool downs and the reactive nature of the rotation. I would like to hear from any other mages if they agree or disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackenator View Post
    Anyone else finding this spec less frustrating then fire? I raided as fire last week and was not very happy with my numbers at all. Started raiding as frost and now my numbers have improved quite a bit but most importantly I am very consistent with these numbers

IMO frost is a lot more fun due to management of cool downs and the reactive nature of the rotation. I would like to hear from any other mages if they agree or disagree?
    I disagree. I find Frost to be a little boring with only a few buttons and no planning of abilities to be required. Fire requires luck and planning to get the most out of it. Fire is more rewarding for skilled players. PvE as frost is kinda Meh, even if played properly which is quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    I disagree. I find Frost to be a little boring with only a few buttons and no planning of abilities to be required. Fire requires luck and planning to get the most out of it. Fire is more rewarding for skilled players. PvE as frost is kinda Meh, even if played properly which is quite easy.

I disagree fire doesnt have as many cooldowns as frost has fire has only combustion and flame orb
    frost has cold snap icy veins ,pets nova, deep freeze frost fire orb and so on. I think that frost has a higher skill cap then what fire does in a pve environment

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost has more buttons to press. Fact. If you think it doesn't. You're doing it wrong.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    On single target dmg:
    Maximizing Frost DPS skill cap > Maximizing Fire DPS skill cap.

I'm playing both in PvE, mostly fire though since it's a little more dps. But it's wrong to say that frost takes no skill (or i would maybe say reseach in PvE) to get the fullest out of it. In order to really get the dps up you need the exact right specc, right glyphs and being fast on CD's and utilize FoF'.

The things I found about Frost vs Fire DPS is that Frost is a lot less RNG and gear forgiving. If you're running as Fire and only have a sub-optimal amount of Crit for eg, (or are just plain unlucky) then your Hot Streak procs will be few and far between, dramatically cutting your DPS.
    On the other hand, Frost has two different procs (Brain Freeze and Fingers of Frost), with a 100% reliable way of generating FoF if needed. This smooths out the RNG aspect slightly.

I'm sure at higher gear levels Fire will become less RNG susceptible, but at the moment it can be quite unforgiving in that respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Frost is *harder* than Fire. Neither are necessarily difficult to play, but you do have more to watch for as Frost. In a way it's good and bad. Frost is just more forgiving with gear. Get 17% hit and 23.33% crit (plus your 10% from other classes) and you're good to go. It's much easier to do better with a spec when there are "set" caps instead of plateaus.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

I agree frost does seem to be a lot more forgiving on gear.I am waiting to test it out in a raiding environment too see how I do in comparison to fire. But with the damage nerf to shatter and the damage buff to frostbolt it looks like frost will be even more appealing then ever before.

One of the reasons why I think their are not many frost mages raiding are that people still seem to presume that frost is still only pvp viable me being one until I was fed up with fire's rng and decided to play frost

10+ Year Old Account
    I once did 16k on a Boss with lots of Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze popping all over the place but then I did 10k once on the same which felt the game bugged out on me or something.Fire is the sameway but Frost is alittle bit more forgiving on gear.

They both do great dps, a lot of it is going to come down to personal preference and play style. Your going to do my DPS in what you are comfortable doing. This is true for most of the wow community, those of us who like to min/max fire will be king, as long as your gear can support it. This of course could change come patch. But again min/maxers will go to whatever does most dps, everyone else should just play what they are comfortable with.

Currently Frost is a nice change of pace from what it used to be, good dps and fun priority system casting, but if you look at WOL's fire is still edging out.

I Personally am enjoying fire and the combustion mechanic, but I also have the gear to support it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/nym/advanced