Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of nerfing Serpent's Spread target, they should just have made Serpent's Spread not proc Improved Serpent Sting, we lose tons of AoE damage because our AoE doesn't get the full benefit from 10% damage on targets with Serpent Sting now. I also hope that if the nerf goes into effect that using multiple Multishot that Serpent's Spread isn't put on targets that already have Serpent Sting active, unless all of them has it.

I also think the nerf on Explosive Shot is to much, 10% would have been enough seeing how Explosive Shot is our highest damage ability and it isn't even hitting nearly enough as other classes instant abilities.

If you have 20% crit you aren't a part of why SV is being nerfed. Raid buffed I'm sitting at around 36% crit. That's 40% with Explosive, 46% with KS, 57% with Serpent Sting... If 20% of your Cobra Shots are at 95% crit (crit capped) and 80% are at 36% that's 47.8% average.

Anyway, if the proposed Focus fixes go live Hunters will absolutely deserve these nerfs. We'll have 10-15% more focus regen. Possibly more depending on how Cobra/Steady is working. It's a PTR patch for a reason. These changes are weeks away from live.

What I'm trying to say, without the talent, we wouldn't be jumping out to 30k DPS+ spurts at the start of a fight, which is greatly skewing our numbers.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

I don't usually give Blizz a lot of credit, but I will here. Blizzard is not stupid enough to be judging our DPS based solely on the first 20% of fights. They are quite aware that DPS jumps up during execute phases, which is what Hunters get at 100->80%.

I'm not really anxious of the changes, I'm rather interested in what this'll do to my dps - seeing as I havent really checked with the new changes yet. With only the 5% agi nerf I stood at a 1.2k ish dps loss, with the ES / BA nerf and the focus "buff" it could be really interesting to see if we're still near the top or below it.

Let me clarify.

I feel that they aren't even considering the dps inflation from the talent, when making the decision to nerf our overall damage.

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

femaledwarf results for my character. I have custom (more realistic) settings, so thats why your femaledwarf profile may be much higher than mine. The stat values should be considered totaly hypothetical, since there is probably a large margin of error. The values are averages of a +500 amount.

current: 18845.20 (sv in pvp)

bm: 16578.69 tier. 16477.81 pvp.

agi 2.26084
    crit 0.87168
    mast 0.48782
    haste 0.72602

mm: 17475.72 tier. 17011.87 pvp.

agi 2.2444
    crit 0.83776
    mast 0.69894
    haste 0.97046

sv: 17362.96. 17329.32 pvp.

agi: 2.38286
    crit: 0.80406
    mast: 0.58976
    haste: 0.64384

also, looking at stat weights, it would appear that MM will pull far ahead as gear gets better.
    Last edited by Kripparrian; 2011-01-11 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    We didn't need a toning down. We lead SOME fights and we get stomped in others.

What's fucking ridiculous is they can nerf nerf nerf but they can't fix 4 year+ old bugs.

I'm just tired of the lazy nerfs that are placed on the wrong ability and no actual fixes to the damned class.

Survival is going to once again scale like complete shit with higher gear and be tossed by the wayside.

Not trying to be overly dramatic, but Blizzard has a habit of making absolutely stupid changes without listening to the community.

I vote for this .
    [u

Combined: 19693.24 100.00%
    Hunter: 17182.87 87.25%
    Pet: 2510.37 12.75%
    Previous: 22027.51 -2334.27

Was what it was for me.

I'm happy that MM and BM are closer to par, but I fear the worst for Survival in the future. It's a valid concern, considering how MM crushed both specs in ICC.

It's quite apparent that Blizzard does not test their game.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    If you have 20% crit you aren't a part of why SV is being nerfed. Raid buffed I'm sitting at around 36% crit. That's 40% with Explosive, 46% with KS, 57% with Serpent Sting... If 20% of your Cobra Shots are at 95% crit (crit capped) and 80% are at 36% that's 47.8% average.

Anyway, if the proposed Focus fixes go live Hunters will absolutely deserve these nerfs. We'll have 10-15% more focus regen. Possibly more depending on how Cobra/Steady is working. It's a PTR patch for a reason. These changes are weeks away from live.
    raid buffed i'm sitting at 32% crit. If the focus changes go live... we will not gain dps... i'm not sure what world you live in, but faster focus regen is a net gain of a couple hundred dps as survival.

GC is an idiot.. He always over nerfs classes. Did the same thing to my lock before cata came out and now destruction has to play catch up. Only fights locks are consistently doing great on is Demo locks on the add fights.

Deleted
    Would it really be too hard for Blizzard to reduce/nerf one ability at a time? It almost always seems like too much is changed in one go without giving people time to see how the changes fall into place.

My main is a prot pala but I never understand why there are sweeping nerfs to a class that is doing well when often they put them below average, not on par with everyone else.

Survival is doing too much damage but I question whether nerfing multiple abilities in one fell swoop is really the solution.

Please dont tell me what the new meta gems will compensate for when every dps spec is getting new one too.
    Combine Explosive Shot nerf + Into the Wilderness nerf might be only 2k dps nerf now , but with improving gear it will be more and more .
    I play this game long enough to know Blizz hate do admit mistakes and those huge nerfs if go live will stay till the end of Cata.
    Also nerf to Surv AoE is not needed , its other specs that needed buff in aoe department

O_o and one more thing What da fuck is this blizz obsession with all 3 dps trees being equal ?
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2011-01-12 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian View Post
    using explosive trap over black arrow is not realistic in any case that has:

a) a moving target
    b) another hunter in the group/raid

As well as reducing LnL procs - Due to the fact that the target is almost getting passive AoE dmg from Explosive trap compared to direct dmg from black arrow.

edited for clarity
    Last edited by Rukah; 2011-01-12 at 01:25 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    we don't care about AoE, but we removed volley because hunter's firing arrows isn't RP

we don't care about AoE, but we nerf Serpent spread because....we nerfed it, shut up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyropete View Post
    GC is an idiot.. He always over nerfs classes. Did the same thing to my lock before cata came out and now destruction has to play catch up. Only fights locks are consistently doing great on is Demo locks on the add fights.
    You are the one looking like an idiot if you think GC is sitting on his high horse commanding each and every single class change.

Deleted
    Thing is when they decide to do a buff that is already too little too late, they will say they are 'listening'.

Quote Originally Posted by pyropete View Post
    http://stateofdps.com/

Yeah, destruction being third on average (second if you exclude Halfus) means they're doing bad. Stop spouting stuff when you haven't even looked into it at all.