10+ Year Old Account

Halfus Wyrmbreaker..

First off i have a question, i was watching a video about it. After you kill the slate dragon, does the stacking healing debuff get removed? Or does it stay through out the encounter.

Also, I went in and stealth-ed to see what drakes we would have for tonights raid. We have Slate, Storm and Time. I was thinking about doing Slate, time then storm for the kill order. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    He will keep doing the MS debuff till he's dead I believe. Your tanks should be taunting off each other and wait for the stack to fall off, around 7 or 8 stacks you guys should taunt, at least that's what my guild does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah thats what i thought. i thought the guy in the video had his facts wrong.

What kind of DPS should the DPS, be doing? 10k Minimal?? and what is the minimal Item Level for this you think? 340?

I am 350 item level tank with the proper gear. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%9Fheta/simple

Check out: http://www.wowwiki.com/Halfus_Wyrmbreaker

My opinion is this: Storm -> Time -> Slate.

You won't live with storm not 'up'. I assume this is 25 man because you have 3? if so It would be really ideal to have 1 tank pickup storm, another time immediately.. and leave slate until later (he's optional really, you kill him for the damage buff the stun is ok). If you don't get storm done right away the aoe ability that you can't reliably stun will own you, and time warden will help ALOT with raid damage. I hope this helps.

Edit: Yeah you guys can handle it just fine in lower gear, 25 man was a bit more of a dps race then 10 man (To us).. We had np with the enrage in 10 but 25 pushed us harder.

Storm is the shadow nova 1st right?

Do that first so you can interupt the novas. For the rest of the fight have 1 or 2 assigned to interupt. Maybe tank + a melee. Release slate, pop lust burn him. One tank on the drake, one on the boss. Tanks will need to taunt swap once or twice before the drake is dead.

Make sure the raid is spread out during this time for the fireballs which cant be dodged.

Soon as slate is dead, go release time which will mean that fireballs can be dodged and raid damage goes to nothing.

Kill time while taunt swaping time + boss as stakes of MS fall off.

Then release slate and do the same, just keep swaping.

Easy

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The beginning of the fight may be a nightmare for healers since there will be so much damage going around, especially when there is a MS going around.

The faster your DPS kills the dragons the easier it will get, I suggest you guys use a hero/lust in the beginning for the dragons (make sure you pull 1 dragon and not all of them at once). The fight really gets easier near the end and its less healing intensive.

You have 3 in 10man.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonix View Post

You won't live with storm not 'up'. I assume this is 25 man because you have 3? if so It would be really ideal to have 1 tank pickup storm, another time immediately.. and leave slate until later (he's optional really, you kill him for the damage buff the stun is ok). If you don't get storm done right away the aoe ability that you can't reliably stun will own you, and time warden will help ALOT with raid damage. I hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: Yeah you guys can handle it just fine in lower gear, 25 man was a bit more of a dps race then 10 man (To us).. We had np with the enrage in 10 but 25 pushed us harder.

this is a 10 man, i there supposed to be two..when i checked there were 3 up

As for dps requirements, the 1st time we killed him our dps was between 11k and 21k. Me as feral tank was 20k :P Bet the enrage by 30secs, so i would say 10-12k dps. Ilvl 240 would be boderline. 245 would be better. (assuming full gems and chants, food and flasks)

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 10:31 PM ----------

No, he is wrong.

You have 3 in 10man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyotta View Post
    Storm is the shadow nova 1st right?

Do that first so you can interupt the novas. For the rest of the fight have 1 or 2 assigned to interupt. Maybe tank + a melee. Release slate, pop lust burn him. One tank on the drake, one on the boss. Tanks will need to taunt swap once or twice before the drake is dead.

Make sure the raid is spread out during this time for the fireballs which cant be dodged.

Soon as slate is dead, go release time which will mean that fireballs can be dodged and raid damage goes to nothing.

Kill time while taunt swaping time + boss as stakes of MS fall off.

Then release slate and do the same, just keep swaping.

Easy
    thank you so much, sounds like a great plan. last week we had slate, scion and time.. we kept getting below 10% but the enraged timer killed us.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyotta View Post
    As for dps requirements, the 1st time we killed him our dps was between 11k and 21k. Me as feral tank was 20k :P Bet the enrage by 30secs, so i would say 10-12k dps. Ilvl 240 would be boderline. 245 would be better. (assuming full gems and chants, food and flasks)

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 10:31 PM ----------

No, he is wrong.

You have 3 in 10man.
    thank you again sir. We have that new feast, so we will get some use out of that.

Just in case you haven't heard, check out http://www.wowpedia.org - most of the WoWWiki editors moved there.