Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blizzard is doing this because they don't want this penalty for cats being in front of the boss and do no dmg at all.
    They don't want to replace shred as the main dmg spell.

Hopefully you get what i'm trying to say (excuse any wrong grama an misspelled words i'm german!)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    So what you're saying is Mangle and bleeds increase Shred damage. That only means there's 1 additional ability that gives Shred the +20% bonus damage. So either Mangle-debuff on your target OR a bleed on your target will increase your Shred damage. The effects gives the same bonus, 20%. Not 30%+20%.
    Shred is an ability trained at level 46. For as long as I can remember the tooltip has stated that effects which increase bleed damage also increase shred damage. Rend and Tear is a talent that you can not get until level 59 which increases damage of Maul and Shred on a target that is bleeding. Mangle increases bleed damage, Rake and Rip are bleeds. Shred gets a benefit from Mangle and a bleed on the target. It doesn't get buffed by Rake and Rip, but it gets buffed by Rake or Rip and Mangle.

Wherever you got the idea that Mangle and Rend and Tear don't stack, it is wrong.
    Last edited by zexcis; 2011-01-12 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I'm wondering is if Mastery affects shred damage as well. And for people arguing over what multipliers it gets, its both the 20% and the 30% given the debuffs are already on the target when you shred. That's why you should not shred without a bleed and mangle on your target(with the opener being an exception).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    The one thing I'm wondering is if Mastery affects shred damage as well.
    Nope, it doesn't.

Mangle has always had higher base damage than shred.

so out of curiousity, how high do you think shred will be hitting for?
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us