Deleted

Talking 4.0.6 talent build?

Ive been watching some on the new talents and they look pretty good.
    I made a 3v3 spec and i ended up with something like this
    http://wowtal.com/#k=ZwkkrNGXG.adl.priest.q6gy4u
    What do you think? I play Frost mage, unholy dk and me.

I looked around, wanting to post a similar thread... Next time, please put PvP in the topic, and also disc...

http://wowtal.com/#k=vcsynJA2.adl.priest.qKV5Ed
    This is what I came up with.. What I don't get is why you didn't take the 14% haste bonus. Cast PWS, renew, PoM, 2 ticks of penance, and you'll still have room for casting a heal with the bonus haste (if you're not getting interrupted).
    I'd also take the raw healing instead of dmg taken reduced since we should not be locked down until we die, and healing should also add to absorbs (or is this only in AddOns such as Recount, Skada etc.?).

As for your spec.. I do not get Surge of Light... Because you're speccing into Inner Sanctum for the less dmg taken by spelldmg or the speed increase, I'd say you're getting focused... If you are, you won't get to cast the spells needed for Surge of Light to proc.

And the Glyph of Holy Nova... I'd say that it is quite a mana burner, and if you're only going to use it as a filler once in a while.. Then I'd say the glyph isn't worth it compared to the more or less mandatory Glyph of Pain Suppression.

Discuss

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 07:55 AM ----------

I'd go for this spec more likely instead of the old one.. I have a feeling that the disc priest might be really hard to kill if focused, so I'm wondering if leaving some of the survivability talents out is a good option and go for mana regen instead.

1 thing I need to test out though, is if GH is better than Heal if talented to reduce the cd on Inner Will by 5 seconds per cast. Though, it would also come at the cost of either 14% haste after PWS cast or 45% dmg returned on absorbs.

http://wowtal.com/#k=11w5qX2w.adl.priest.qKV5Ed

Deleted
    I don't really understand why you'd go for disc in pvp. I personally feel useless as disc.

Holy's the way to go. I know Lightwell's going to be nurfed (DAMN YOU DEVS!!!) but it's still a Godlike spell in arena. Holy Word: Chasite, CoH, Lightwell, Guardian Spirit, Spirit of Redemption, Blessed Resilience...... meh. I don't see why you wouldn't be holy when 4.0.6 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    I don't really understand why you'd go for disc in pvp. I personally feel useless as disc.

Holy's the way to go. I know Lightwell's going to be nurfed (DAMN YOU DEVS!!!) but it's still a Godlike spell in arena. Holy Word: Chasite, CoH, Lightwell, Guardian Spirit, Spirit of Redemption, Blessed Resilience...... meh. I don't see why you wouldn't be holy when 4.0.6 hits.
    With the changes taking place Disc will be pretty powerful again in arena/rated BG. I dont see Spirit of Redemption as a "perk" for pvp, if your dead it probably wont matter much.

•Improved Power Word: Shield now also increases the amount absorbed by an additional 15/30% when cast on oneself.
    •Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
    •In addition to Strength of Soul's existing effects, when Power Word: Shield is placed on oneself, the priest becomes immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds.
    and granted PW:S will cost more mana but
    •The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%.

To me Disc is the way to go, reflective-shield may even be worth it depending on how our sheilds work

Just my 2c

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I would use http://wowtal.com/#k=s7pbj9v7.adl.priest.q6DZ0s , but I could be swayed to take different talents if someone wanted to argue against this build

Quote Originally Posted by Parker
    To me Disc is the way to go, reflective-shield may even be worth it depending on how our sheilds work
    Yeah, on the PTR it's a nice source of passive damage, it does about 13k for me if they eat up the whole shield.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Isn't PS being undispellable worse for us? It had huge dispel resistance before and would be a candidate for dispels (deflecting from other buffs).

Deleted
    The huge dispel resistance seems junk. I've often seen a priest pop PS, dispelled them and immediately knocked their PS straight off. I'd rather have it undispellable.

No offense guys, but every single spec you guys have come up with is just horrible(or well, except for mikklas' second spec, which is acceptable if you want reflective shield, although i have never been much of a fan of that). Missing out on divine fury and taking imp renew over it, taking evangelism(but no archangel?) and some not even taking rapture.

wowtal.com/#k=vetVU7L.adl.priest.HI_nh i got 3 talent points left there, and they are fairly optional, and same goes for 1 major glyph and 1 prime glyph. Personally i'd pick 1 point in surge of light and 2 points in inspiration as the last though, as well as glyph of renew and glyph of dispel magic.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2011-01-12 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Dont see why you wouldnt pick up surge of light after it Will be procing from flash heals and greater heals aswell.
    And someone made à spec without getting archangel tho the had 2 points in the talent before it.
    Reflective shield Will also get very good when your rotaion can pretty much look like this,
    shield -> flash heal x2 -> shield (depending on haste)
    and the spec i made was mostly for My 3s after 4.0.6 (not 100% sure about the glyfs yet but got some ideas for it.

Would Love people to post more talent trees.
    But explain them aswell and show glyf plans aswell please.