Thread: Fun with tanks

Deleted

Fun with tanks

I got a little bored healing guild trash run in Bastion of Twilight tonight so decided to have a little fun with my tanks.

I hadn't noticed that the "unleash elements" effect of Rockbiter was a temporary "fake" taunt until now!(ie it forces the mob to chase you for 5 seconds but doesn't increase your threat on them)

This seemed to have the intended result of bemusing and confusing the tanks with screams on vent of "Where's that bugger off to?" and various other colourful language, I had to mute my mic due to the volume of laughter. I think I'm going to make this a regular event until I get caught

So.. has anyone else found any fun or even practical uses for this as a resto shaman?
    Last edited by mmocf7a202b61f; 2011-01-12 at 12:28 AM.

you do know they can just look at targets target when you do that witch i often do and i yell at ppl doing shit like that

Hmm a temporary taunt like that could actually have applications in a raid... under the circumstance that the thing you're taunting won't reach you in 5 seconds of course. Could buy 10 seconds if a tank is in trouble or something idk.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Hmm a temporary taunt like that could actually have applications in a raid... under the circumstance that the thing you're taunting won't reach you in 5 seconds of course. Could buy 10 seconds if a tank is in trouble or something idk.
    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Ghostwolf is instant and fast so gets you out of trouble, the tank doesn't even need to taunt back but could save him eating two melee swings in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    you do know they can just look at targets target when you do that witch i often do and i yell at ppl doing shit like that
    edited OP to state that it was a guild run, ie. I can do things like that and get away with it. Lighten up and enjoy life, smile once in a while even ;-)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, this could actually be a quite a potent way to increase breathing room on tanks.

Taunt it, they run to you. You are too far. They run back

It will be a raid-dps loss tho.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~