Thread: Heroic Raids

Heroic Raids

Me and my guild will be starting the Heroic version of several fights this week. I was wondering if there is a place that has the definite list of differences in heroic compared to normal. Yes there are some videos but most of them are just kill videos and you can see some of the differences but most of it is un noticable.

Deleted
    Well, and im just throwing a bone here, u could always just enter the fight and see what happens for yourself and learn to tackle these new mechanics accordingly... I dont understand the urging need for other peoples achievements instead of learning them yourself first.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaito View Post
    Well, and im just throwing a bone here, u could always just enter the fight and see what happens for yourself and learn to tackle these new mechanics accordingly... I dont understand the urging need for other peoples achievements instead of learning them yourself first.
    I agree.. stop being so lazy and expecting other people to show you how stuffs done.
    I'll slap you so hard you'll feel like you've kissed a Freight Train..

Good thing i asked how you think i should run my raid, So glad your here to tell me how to raid. And sorry no. I prefer to go into a fight knowing how to do it.

Deleted
    oh me too, i always want to know how the movie ends, what Barcelona did before i saw the news. noone is telling u how to raid, im just giving you another option. If you really want to know how the fight goes, you will have to wait until even more people do it for you and go through the actual trouble of wiping, learning, scolding partymembers and record a video for you and your guildies to watch. on a side note: there was no need to be snide

Deleted
    there isn't alot of difference on most of the fights. Just require stupid class/spec stacking (maloriak heroic says hi)
    but its alot more fun going into a fight not knowing whats going to happen, you'll know whats going on within a few wipes anyway

This has pretty much derailed to the point of where i doubt it will be salvageable. I do not plan on going into any fight without knowing as much as i can for it or without watching several videos, How you choose to raid is your own business but i frankly dont feel like wasting my time doing a fight with 0 prior knowledge on the encounter, its a waste of peoples time specially when there is information out there that we could know about it. Raiding is not like watching a movie so dont try and use that analogy. And yeh there was plenty of cause to be snide, i made a topic about a specific subject, and no where in there was i asking how you think i should run my raid. Its honestly offtopic and a spam post since in contributed nothing to the topic at hand.

Deleted
    3 wipes to learn a fight will hardly be a waste of time considering the amonut of wipes you'll have on them.
    there are several top guilds throwing out heroic kill videos (cuties only have a few good ones) If you want to know the info about fights you have to go looking, as there are limited guilds that have killed certain bosses, and a full list of everything thats different won't pop up that soon I wouldn't of thought. Either wait a while for tank spot guides or derive the info from various videos on youtube/warcraft movies :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill throw out what I know so far,

Halfus
    > all 5 drakes enabled.
    Conclave
    > add's aoe is completely unhealable, they need to be kited/cc'd during the Toxic Spores.
    > Rohash throws up a shield when the adds come out, this shield absorbs ~750000(think) and pulses an aoe while its up, on 10man this is near impossible we tried lusting with ALL dps and we just broke it with 2 ppl dead, but on 25 its doable.
    Maloriak
    >Extra phase "dark phase" spawns adds that need aoe'd and chain casts a magical damage "breath" on tank.

This is all I know atm from experience, some video hunting on youtube + leeching other guilds forums will get your further.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deep freeze says hi to conclave shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Deep freeze says hi to conclave shield.
    Frost mage
    Frost DK(on adds with me)
    Assasination Rogue
    Enhancement Shaman
    Destro lock
    Holy priest
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Paladin
    Prot warrior
    Feral Druid tank

life - Me + resto shamn + Frost DK
    Frost - Druid + Holy pala
    Air- Priest + Lock

When the energy moves come, all the dps minus the Frost DK who kites the adds and Hungering Colds them 1s before they aoe goes to air guy for the shield.
    We Had all the dps save trinkets+Cd's Blew lust and the shield still killed 1 or 2. there is NO way to break the shield without lust the damage is just to stupid atm. we tried the priest as disc, He blew PW:B and pre-sheilds and slammed POH and it just saved ppl with lust. without lust+PW:B its still an auto wipe, I think they have messed up the absorb amount for 10hc as its just un-doable atm. It may be doable with crazy class stacking(2-3 frost mages) but I just don't see us making up 40% more dps from gearing.

I see you have 4 heroics down, so not doubting your abilities/guild but the fact you haven't downed it either but seem to think its trivial seems a little trollish.
    Last edited by Devlin1991; 2011-01-12 at 06:38 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying it's easy, but it trivializes the shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Not saying it's easy, but it trivializes the shield.
    I just checked the wowhead spell Id's and its meant to be a 150k shield, our mage crits 100k+ with DF, and the enhance shaman can crit upwards of 60k with Lava lash there is no way that 10man is only absorbing 150k or we would not be having the problems we are. I have a feeling they have left the 25man spell ID active in 10man that or Ill have to rethink our strat and Emphasise to the dps that They should use there biggest 2gcd' possible so No diseases for DK's no dots , just 2 casts or 2 Strikes only.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You missed:
    Conclave - Slicing Gale stacks 10% nature damage taken debuff, meaning you have to rotate people on that platform as well.
    That, and there's definately something wrong with 10 man version of this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Good thing i asked how you think i should run my raid, So glad your here to tell me how to raid. And sorry no. I prefer to go into a fight knowing how to do it.
    I agree. Doing research and having an idea of what to expect is alot better then wiping 20+ times.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    I just checked the wowhead spell Id's and its meant to be a 150k shield, our mage crits 100k+ with DF, and the enhance shaman can crit upwards of 60k with Lava lash there is no way that 10man is only absorbing 150k or we would not be having the problems we are. I have a feeling they have left the 25man spell ID active in 10man that or Ill have to rethink our strat and Emphasise to the dps that They should use there biggest 2gcd' possible so No diseases for DK's no dots , just 2 casts or 2 Strikes only.
    That's exactly it. If you don't kill the shield in 2 gcds, it doesn't matter if you have everyone over there or not. Burst is the most important thing, not sustained dps.