Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    That seems fucking rediculous. I really don't why they keep going back on their word and yet again give casual players who can't adapt what they want. Luckily I'm all done with the heroic farming and only focusing on raids and pvp, so I'm al lgood, but its still sad to see.
    Fact #1: Happy Casuals = More Money for Blizzard
    Fact #2: Most of Blizzard's 18 years of age and older subscribers are "Casuals"

Conclusion: Blizzard (and a large percentage of the player base) benefits from Blizzard catering to Casuals and nerfing heroics. Hardcore players benefit as well, because now you can get your daily heroic done for free valor points even faster.

Stop complaining about things that make WoW more enjoyable from everyone.

MAKE HEROICS SHORTER, THEY ARE NOT HARD JUST TOOOOOOOOOO LONG.
    I concur. Shorter would be the way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Hunter Interrupt is talented. Warlock has no interrupt except with Felhunter, with a 32 sec CD. Counterspell is a 24 sec CD. Now, consider you have a priest healer. Now, with that, you have 2 very long CD interrupts, and a tank interrupt.

Not exactly enough to interrupt as much as had to be.

I was booted from so many groups on my mage for not interrupting the second mend flesh when I was the one to get the first, and the CD wasn't up yet
    And if a hunter goes into a Fight *knowing* of the importance of interrupts without the talent taken, hes sniffing fresh air faster then hes able to Feign death.

Warlock no Interrupt *eycept* Fellhunter? Well i allways thought Fellhunter is part of the warlock class, so the "excuse" is rather lousy.

That group has 4 interrupts, fore 2 needed and one optional abbilitys, if thats not enough, i ask again, what IS enough?

@ Lucetia, in which possible setup could you have only ONE interrupt? 4 priests + Tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only change that matters if the Core puppy change, IF THEY GOT RID OF SPOT I WILL BE SO PISSED.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    * Baron Ashbury
    o Sadly, in his hubris he has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh.
    Don't care about any of the nerfs besides this one, and maybe Altairus, I don't see why they removed a mechanic which actually required you to pay basic attention. It's stupid.
    Last edited by AWESOMENESSYO; 2011-01-12 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    not sorry to hear about shock blast though...'oh your a shammy and the rest of us dont have decent inturrupts--why dont you inturrupt this one-shotting ability while also healing us?' ta Hell with lady whats-her-name!
    windshear isnt on the global cooldown, you can cast it without interupting any potential healing

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post

Conclusion: Blizzard (and a large percentage of the player base) benefits from Blizzard catering to Casuals and nerfing heroics. Hardcore players benefit as well, because now you can get your daily heroic done for free valor points even faster.

I am sorry but this gets on my nerves... CASUAL =/= BAD!!!!
    People need to quit that mindset
    /rant over

The only nerf I dont like is ashbury, but I see the reason to it. The rest are clarity, or for those who have >300 ms lag. Some nerfs were needed (I am looking at you ozumat!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

nice, faster heroics and less lost time on that boring s***

Quote Originally Posted by levandor View Post
    Uhm Priests can? Enlighten me please, no i am not trying to say you talk crap, i just dont have no idea how a priest interrupts in that fight, and would be happy to shove it up our shadows nose
    Silence interupts bosses casting. the big aoe heal is every 45 seconds. Now i assume unless you have a resto druid tanking in tree form, you will have a tank. SO they can do the other interupts. OR you could cleanse pain and suffering, as every healer can cleanse magic. Or you could say use defensive cooldowns to cope with pain and sufferring. There are so many ways around it.....

Quote Originally Posted by MrMog64 View Post
    windshear isnt on the global cooldown, you can cast it without interupting any potential healing
    Only castable between spells, cant be casting 2 spells at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

People act like these changes are game breaking, these changes will hardly effect the overall difficulty of heroics. They also seemed to have buffed Vortex Pinnacle and Lost city, which might actually make those instances a little less boring (vortex pin is SO EASY). I do agree that nerfing heroics is bad, but tweaking them just slightly so that bad group compositions don't have to kick people to down bosses is a good thing in my books. Trust me these heroics wont feel any different, aside from maybe two bosses. People love overreacting to everything blizzard does zzzz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AWESOMENESSYO View Post
    Don't care about any of the nerfs besides this one, and maybe Altairus, I don't see why they removed a mechanic which actually required you to pay basic attention, it's stupid.
    That fight was WAY too dependent on interrupts, a lot of good players were getting kicked due to the fact that they can't kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    Silence interupts bosses casting. the big aoe heal is every 45 seconds. Now i assume unless you have a resto druid tanking in tree form, you will have a tank. SO they can do the other interupts. OR you could cleanse pain and suffering, as every healer can cleanse magic. Or you could say use defensive cooldowns to cope with pain and sufferring. There are so many ways around it.....
    Right you are tyvm

Deleted
    lets face it
    the boredom just keeps wiping me ever hc
    i can tolerate 1 hc a day, no more than that, simply because they are long, with lots of trash that takes a long time to kill

i was forced into playing pvp, because pve was just to boring...

if im farming it (for wtv reason) i want it to be easy and quick...i dont like to spend a hour killing trash, just to get a chance of a drop

if i want hard things i join a raid

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Only castable between spells, cant be casting 2 spells at a time.
    You're beyond hope if your wind shear has a cast time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    It's what they've always done. When content first comes out, it's challenging, but as time goes on and the playerbase progresses past it, they slowly nerf it. Most players, by now, are clearing heroics with ease anyways, so they won't notice a difference. However, those who were stonewalled by certain fights now may find them doable.
    must not be on my battlegroup. ive yet to see a tank that can actually tank a heroic. as in establish and maintain threat on the mobs.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I liked some of the things they did. Like making visuals for certain things like Shatter on Ozruk and the rocks on the last boss. They did buff some bosses too like Asaad he was TO easy, easy enough to be soloed by a hunter. Removed Mend Rotting Flesh I can see why, some groups can be formed with literally no interrupts at all maybe just one, have to interrupt 3 (4?) things in one fight that heal the boss in which you only have 1 interrupt could make the group fall apart right there. Breathe on Valiona has a MASSIVE cone effect reducing the damage on that isn't a bad idea gives people time to move behind her if they aren't already for any reason at all.

Faceless Horrors on the last boss in GB move way to fast, I can't get a Frost Trap to slow them because they move to fast to even trigger it, not a big issue but it proves they move to fast, some groups can also not have enough slows. And Beauty with one less add? Either you have enough CC's or you don't, removing one helps group insure they can do it easily if they lack the CC. Even with 3 a hunter could solo trap them the whole fight anyway. These really aren't nerfs at all, they are to help groups actually finish an instance just in case they lack CC or Interrupts.

I don't know why people complain about Heroics Nerfs when there are plenty of Heroic BUFFS why don't you guys complain about bosses being to easy? You already hate seeing bosses being Nerfed why don't you complain about bosses who need a good buffing.
    Last edited by Xuany; 2011-01-12 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    some of the nerfs where needed like Faceless Corruptors now move 10% more slowly. sens well if you didn't have any slow on them they RAN FASTER THAN YOU if you didn't have minor speed increce

or The cast time of Shatter has been increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.5. you cloud get owned if you didn't have minor speed incerse now they fixed it so it isn't needed

but then your have fights like
    Baron Ashbury - Sadly, in his hubris he has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh. the only reason for them to do this is you don't have a singel melee dps even if you did you can just use the tank sens he has an interupt i can not for the life of me see why they guted the fight
    ^ I'm sorry, but really? You would have some good points, if that comment was LEGIBLE. Learn to spell check, and learn some grammar, otherwise your comment is negligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfanos View Post
    PvP in WoW is less balanced than a drunken unicyclist carrying a large heavy bag of shopping while riding down a bumpy hill at night.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post

Wrong, casuals like to feel they are getting better. Now theres 2 ways of doing this. 1 make them learn how to play, 2, nerf the content and give them free epics.

Vanilla wow, went form 0-2 million people. Tbc, the hardest heroics, it went form 2-million -11 million. Wotlk, it stayed at 11, million. Despite launching to another 2 billion people. Then at cataclysm it reached 12 million.

SO actually no, making players have no reason to use all there classes power, actually makes them go, well whats the fucking point, ill get this gear for free in 2 months anyway, ill quit till then.

What noone seems to realise is if they handt have launched to 2 billion people to make up for the losses in playerbase, that wotlk failed massively in its approach.

NO matter if a bad player says he wants stuff easier, he doesnt, dont listen to him, he just wants to be a better player, and when he gets there on his own, thats when you get somone to carry on playing this game

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Bolded some of the most severe nerfs... bold/red ones are just stupid.
    So much for challenging heroics huh?

# Blackrock Caverns

* Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

# Grim Batol

* Faceless Corruptors now move 10% more slowly.
    * Players may still use spell and abilities while afflicted by Forgemaster Throngus's Impaling Slam.
    * Valiona's Devouring Flame damage has been reduced by 20%.

# Halls of Origination

* The duration of the Flame Wardens' Raging Inferno has been reduced by 80%.
    * Anraphet's Nemesis Strike now does 75% of weapon damage, up from 50%. In addition, the damage-over-time effect applied by this ability does 15,000 damage every 2 seconds, up from 9,000.
    * Earthrager Ptah's Flame Bolt now deals more damage per second on Heroic difficulty.
    * Setesh seeks a portal every 25 seconds, up from 20.

# Lost City of the Tol'vir

* Lockmaw no longer tolerates fighting in his treasure room.

# Shadowfang Keep

* Baron Ashbury
    o Sadly, in his hubris he has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh.
    * Lord Walden
    o Conjure Poisonous Mixture now deals more initial damage.
    o Frost Mixture is now area-of-effect damage.
    o Toxic Catalyst now deals less damage over time.

# The Stonecore

* Stonecore Earthshapers' Dust Storm does slightly less damage.
    * Corborus
    o The warning time for Thrashing Charge has been increased by 1 second. In addition, Thrashing Charge now happens 4 times, down from 5.
    o The visual for Rock Borers spawning during the submersion phase is now different from the Thrashing Charge visual.
    * High Priestess Azil
    o She grew! She's now 175% the size of a human, up from 125%.
    o Gravity Wells should kill Devout Followers more quickly.
    o The cast time of Force Grip is now 1.5 seconds, up from 1.
    o The size of the warning visual for Seismic Shard has been increased to more accurately reflect the area it affects.
    * Slabhide
    o The ground phase lasts longer and has fewer stalactites.
    * Ozruk
    o There is now a precast visual on the ground to make it clear how far away a player must get to be clear of Shatter.
    o The cast time of Shatter has been increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.5.
    o Shatter damage is now reduced by armor, but has been increased by 33.3% (repeating, of course) as a result.
    * Bug Fixes
    o Fixed a bug that made Ozruk's Shatter knockback component 10-yard range while the damage had a 15-yard range. Both are 15 yards now.

# Throne of the Tides

* The damage done by Lady Naz'jatar's Shock Blast and Naz'jar Tempest Witch Chain Lightning has been reduced.
    * Tainted Sentries Swell damage has been reduced.
    * The damage of Blight of Ozumat has been reduced by 25% per stack.

# The Vortex Pinnacle

* Creatures
    o Desperate Speed cast by Temple Adepts has had its duration reduced significantly.
    * Altairus
    o The visual effects in this encounter have been adjusted to make the wind direction easier to read.
    o Cyclones now knock players straight up, and players hit by a cyclone cannot be hit again for a few seconds.
    * Asaad
    o Skyfall Stars are now summoned to help him defeat players.
    o Static Cling has had its cast time increased to 1.25 seconds, up from 1.
    * Grand Vizier Ertan
    o His health has been reduced slightly.
    o He now knocks away players standing too close to him when he retracts his Cyclone Shield, which now inflicts Nature damage if it touches players.

and there are some pretty buffs for you.
    Several of these supposed "buffs" are nothing of the sort. A few of your bolded changes are in fact nerfs and a couple others are very minor or negligible adjustments.

o The ground phase lasts longer and has fewer stalactites.
    Nerf
    Shatter damage is now reduced by armor, but has been increased by 33.3% (repeating, of course) as a result.
    Could serve as either a buff or a nerf, but either way it will still probably 1 shot anyone hit by it, as per the nature of the ability.
    Lockmaw no longer tolerates fighting in his treasure room.
    Merely a bug/exploit fix.

I think it is generally agreed that these changes represent widespread nerfs of heroic dungeons. I personally disapprove of the nerfing of heroic dungeons so soon, but have long since moved onto raiding so I, and many other now raiding players, really could care less.
    Last edited by Zeppelin535; 2011-01-12 at 04:01 AM.