Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Little bit Of Hope For Engineering

Just having a look through the patch notes for the ptr when i stumbled upon this little gem:

Synapse Springs now increase Agility, Strength, or Intellect (whichever is highest for the character).
    At least now non casters have something to put on their gloves apart from the crappy 40dps tazik shockers.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am glad that i did not drop eng seems like a start at least

I'm weary of this. They may decide to add a backfire to it...

Really, though. Looks good!

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    I am glad that i did not drop eng seems like a start at least
    A little bit of hope? A start?

Engineering was already the top DPS profession for casters. Now it is the top DPS profession for melee too besides maybe Tailoring.

Used on CD, it's 96 INT/STR/AGI now.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-12 at 01:42 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    A start?

Engineering was already the top DPS profession for casters. Now it is the top DPS profession for melee too besides maybe Tailoring.
    It was the top DPS proffesion for rogues if you used saronite bombs (in LK.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    It was the top DPS proffesion for rogues if you used saronite bombs (in LK.)
    hahah good one.

OT: WOOOOOOOOT
    I was wondering why there was an intellect one and no other major stat increasing tinkers now I can get rid of my tazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    hahah good one.

OT: WOOOOOOOOT
    I was wondering why there was an intellect one and no other major stat increasing tinkers now I can get rid of my tazer.
    Nice try...

Quote Originally Posted by Highlight View Post
    I'm weary of this. They may decide to add a backfire to it...

Really, though. Looks good!
    the high level engineering items/tinkers do not backfire unless you are lower than the max level, do people not know this by now...

10+ Year Old Account
    negative, been maxed engineer for awhile and i still get the backfires
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    negative, been maxed engineer for awhile and i still get the backfires
    Backfires with rocketboots have cost me (and the raid) boss kills. In Asc Council P3, poppde rocketboots, got blasted into the air, disengauged, got put on a random ledge ontop of the room somewhere with 20k HP, Parachute was on Cd and I couldn't hit the boss.

TL;DR boots shouldn't backfire in raids.

As a fury warrior, this patch pleases me.

I knew this would happen, i told people to wait and i'm glad I waited and didn't drop eng and waste gold leveling another proff from scratch.

For non casters Eng was effectively useless in PvE (can't comment for PvP as i'm not a big PvP'er), there's no way it was going to stay that way for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    the high level engineering items/tinkers do not backfire unless you are lower than the max level, do people not know this by now...
    The belt tinkers always backfire. However, the wrath belt tinkers, (rocket boots namely) have a far higher chance to backfire at 85.

The 85 belt tinkers have a much lower chance to backfire.

The glove tinkers do not backfire.

Deleted
    i would only liket hey revert nitro.. back to boots imo and maybe add some new tinkers

Would be imba if we had a ground mount that flys like haloween boss mount,it could be something that transforms when u want to fly,fusing bike with eng plane lol

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank I'm still quite disappointed with engineering in this expansion. The only things I really use are the Helmet and the Glove Tinker for increased armour. Still haven't discovered the belt tinker to absorb damage but I heard rumours that it can backfire and cause damage instead of absorbing which makes me a little bit sceptical whether I should actually get it or not.

If I get a helmet upgrade I'm quite tempted to get Leatherworking or Alchemy instead because there's not a lot of benefits from the tinkers (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    A little bit of hope? A start?

Used on CD, it's 96 INT/STR/AGI now.
    Tailoring is better for casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    As a tank I'm still quite disappointed with engineering in this expansion. The only things I really use are the Helmet and the Glove Tinker for increased armour. Still haven't discovered the belt tinker to absorb damage but I heard rumours that it can backfire and cause damage instead of absorbing which makes me a little bit sceptical whether I should actually get it or not.

If I get a helmet upgrade I'm quite tempted to get Leatherworking or Alchemy instead because there's not a lot of benefits from the tinkers (imo)
    It's a learned thing called Grounded Plasma Shield, and the backfire is either a debuff that gives you a 100% chance to be crit for 12(?) seconds, or instead of a bubble, it gives you an aoe taunt (bad for dps, not so bad for tank).
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    It's a learned thing called Grounded Plasma Shield, and the backfire is either a debuff that gives you a 100% chance to be crit for 12(?) seconds, or instead of a bubble, it gives you an aoe taunt (bad for dps, not so bad for tank).
    I haven't got anything to learn from the trainer so I presumed it was discovered when you craft something. That's what happened with a few Tinkers for me.

Thanks for the clarification. I Definitely won't be getting that tinker on my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Any idea how large the AoE is for the taunt? Basically, do I need to worry about it as a hunter at ranged?

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    As a fury warrior, this patch pleases me.

/brofist

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.