Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sure, I knew that survival hunters would be hit by the nerf bat, but ouch! That seems to be a serious beating.

I don't have any numbers for it, but Cobra Shot seems to be making some serious damage as well for survival - couldn't Blizz just have decrease the mastery bonus for survival? Wasn't that what mastery was all about when introduced, easy tweaking of balances? Maybe because mastery isn't worth much it's not worth tweaking... And what happen to the MM and BM buffs? I thought Kill Command and Chimera Shot would receive a small buff. It's QQ and ranting, I know, but it seems signature shots aren't so important anymore?

@aikouka, that's bollocks. Honestly. If you lacked the CC on beauty you simply killed one dog more. Ashbury - how many classes are there that cannot interrupt? The dungeon finder has been designed to never allow two of the same classes in your group as far as I noticed. There are very few classes who cannot interrupt, like warlocks and even THEY could get a felhunter out in case of emergency as I often have done. No, the reality is that people do not interrupt even when they can. They have the environmental awareness of a rolling rock - charge through it, hope it fixes itself or someone else fixes whatever it is they cannot be bothered to do themselves. Just yesterday we had a rogue on pain and suffering who "was terrible at interrupting" as he himself said. Result: no interrupts. Maybe one. He was a cool dude, nothing against his person, but these nerfs are made for players like him: Players who cannot do something and do not want to learn how to do it.

Spells like Swell are perfectly healable even if the group is completely retarded. Again, a nerf to placate bad healers and bad dispellers. Mages can spellsteal it, shaman can purge it, it can probably be dispelled, but how often have you actually seen any of those classes do that? How often have you seen a mage use his spellsteal ability in random pugs? I sure haven't, not unless I tell them to and even then it's always a gamble if they listen to me or not.

Similarly, the buffs the mob gain in HoO. How hard is it for a melee to just stop attacking it when the buff is not getting dispelled? How hard is it for that enhancement shaman to purge it (very hard, for yesterday's shaman in any event, even after being told to). Yes, then melee may die. Inferno - a melee only needs to die once by it to know not to be there next time. Again, yesterday's HoO, we even wiped on it, but why is that bad? The next try every single melee, even that terrible shaman, did what he was supposed to do. Sure, they didn't kill the bubbles on the water elemental (I was healing), but maybe they'll learn THAT next time they go to HoO and the group wipes because it's the healer bubbled that time. Is it such a bad thing to submit players to trial and error and make them learn the hard way?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikouka View Post
    A few of those Heroic changes look like they're designed to make group compositions less troublesome. Such as removing a spell that needs to be interrupted on Ashbury... making Naz'jar's Shock Blast less dangerous (so missing an interrupt probably won't mean a tank's demise) and removing a core hound pup on Beauty means you won't need at least two beast-capable CCs.

I see what you mean, but the fact remains that they were all completely doable.

Beauty, for instance, was easily doable without any cc if the group did not stand in The FIRE and had anywhere near decent dps.

Same goes with interrupting, but on a different manner.

Why there was so many interruptable spells in the first place was to get people pay more attention to actual boss mechanics and fight (or roughly put...to get players heads out of their asses) instead of rolling faces over the keyboard while staring a dps meter (which obviously is a playstyle stuck in some heads from the Wrath era). Still I see classes with interrupts not interrupting key spells, causing prolonged fights and wipes. The removal of some of these abilities will only hinder one's progress of learning to interrupt, leading into more problems later on.

Sure it will be easier, but what's the fun in that...

Mind Sear was supposed to be buffed by 60%.
    15% of crap is still crap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No you saw it right, the wannabe elitist just come with the knee-jerk reaction every time they see the word "change".

I sincerely hope some mod will wipe all the people with bad attitudes/language and such from this thread.

Sure it was only minor tweaks here and there. The fact remains that every Heroic there is, is completely doable with a half decent group. So even the tiniest changes to ease the content are, in my point of view, step towards wrong direction.

If the change is a fix to known bug, I totally understand it, but I don't see any reason what-so-ever to make content easier.

And yes, I read the other changes as well. Most of them were good, though a tad unnecessary (because lets face it, if you open your eyes you see more, right?). And I'm happy that few of the easier bosses got some love too.
    Last edited by Aerion; 2011-01-12 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    The dungeon finder has been designed to never allow two of the same classes in your group as far as I noticed.
    No clue whatsoever, but the other post was bollocks? Yeah right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Mind Sear was supposed to be buffed by 60%.
    15% of crap is still crap.
    Better than nothing, huh?
    They're not just mocking you, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by shatich View Post
    And maybe giving you a free epic everytime you log in ? WoTLK=Fail Expansion=Bad and Lazy Players ...keep your account frozen
    By lazy players you must be referring to Americans I assume? lol

Honestly tho some of the fights were extremely unforgiving and harder than some dungeons from vanilla. A few may be too much but some fights made it near impossible if you didn't have a group with fast CD interrupts.
    Smile

"Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast."

Why?!? Hasn't the nurf bat swung hard enough already? I mean come on. Druids are already gonna be a beaten class when the patch drops and now this?!?

*sigh*

Deleted
    hahahaha! i am out of this game. bye blizzard from an ex hunter player. You fail

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    By lazy players you must be referring to Americans I assume? lol

Honestly tho some of the fights were extremely unforgiving and harder than some dungeons from vanilla. A few may be too much but some fights made it near impossible if you didn't have a group with fast CD interrupts.

Go to European forums. Open any non-blue Topic. See for yourself that stupidity is not exclusive to one continent.

PS. I'm from Europe...and sometimes I'm not so proud of it.

Back to loleasy heroics it seems. Enough crying seems to win over even the most determined attempt to make heroics difficult. A few heroic changes make sense (Beauty for example) but some are just there to keep the WotLK pro's happy. Sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    I see what you mean, but the fact remains that they were all completely doable.

Beauty, for instance, was easily doable without any cc if the group did not stand in The FIRE and had anywhere near decent dps.

Same goes with interrupting, but on a different manner.

Why there was so many interruptable spells in the first place was to get people pay more attention to actual boss mechanics and fight (or roughly put...to get players heads out of their asses) instead of rolling faces over the keyboard while staring a dps meter (which obviously is a playstyle stuck in some heads from the Wrath era). Still I see classes with interrupts not interrupting key spells, causing prolonged fights and wipes. The removal of some of these abilities will only hinder one's progress of learning to interrupt, leading into more problems later on.

Sure it will be easier, but what's the fun in that...
    What was so much fun fighting 3 overgrown pupps in a crowded space + the boss ?

Absolutly nothing. Thats why it was an optional boss that most are now skipping. Its a boring and badly designed fight. 3 or 30 pups dont add anything to the encounter.

Go to European forums. Open any non-blue Topic. See for yourself that stupidity is not exclusive to one continent.

PS. I'm from Europe...and sometimes I'm not so proud of it.
    I am actually Canadian, I just like to make fun of Americans becasue the vast majority are indeed dim witted.
    Smile

Sure it was only minor tweaks here and there. The fact remains that every Heroic there is, is completely doable with a half decent group. So even the tiniest changes to ease the content are, in my point of view, step towards wrong direction.

If the change is a fix to known bug, I totally understand it, but I don't see any reason what-so-ever to make content easier.

And yes, I read the other changes as well. Most of them were good, though a tad unnecessary (because lets face it, if you open your eyes you see more, right?). And I'm happy that few of the easier bosses got some love too.
    I still consider first boss in VP as bugged. It needs buffing to make the fight actually enjoyable. But I will not see 1000 morons cry about it beeing fixed to make it more enjoyable.

Get over it... Its a balancing thing that should be done. Right now DPS classes are waiting 30-40 mins for random and end up going into an istance that ppl dont want to do so they are leaving at start without doing any encounters.

But hey.. these changes are not life yet... go enjoy it while you can. Not need to be buthurt because some balancing features.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchbag View Post
    Not happy with the 5 man nerfs :L They're getting boring already :/
    Ashbury losing Mend Rotten Flesh?
    Pretty much an overal damage reduction on a lot of bosses. Meh.
    You're all QQ'ing at the 5man content changes as if all this would turn hardcore fights into walks in the park. Really now:
    - Setesh waits 5 more seconds before spawning another portal... wow, HUUGE NERF OMG QQ!!
    - Faceless Corruptors now move 10% more slowly - so now you have a slightly higher change of doing an achievement which is at the moment close to impossible
    - Players may still use spell and abilities while afflicted by Forgemaster Throngus's Impaling Slam - translation: you won't wipe any more if your healer gets impaled
    - Baron Ashbury has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh - translation: fight won't take 15 minutes if you don't also have a melee DPS in the group
    - Lord Walden - Frost Mixture is now area-of-effect damage - so if you're not careful how you move you are likely to kill someone = harder fight
    - Altairus - Cyclones now knock players straight up, and players hit by a cyclone cannot be hit again for a few seconds = you can no longer be incapacitated for maybe 10 seconds like you were if you had the bad luck to be thrown from one cyclone into another. This turns a very hard fight into a hard fight.

This and a bunch more visual fixes (so you actually know you're safe from a wipe mechanic instead of running wildly hoping you get withing safe distance in time) turn the game into Wotlk? I hardly think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious View Post
    Oh well, not a surprise that Heroics would be nerfed to the ground. They where easy before. You can easily go through we say GB in 25mins. If even that, now its gonna take like 15. Heard wrath was a sucess. Or wait, not really.

How where heroics just nerfed to the ground?

Seriously some people should realize that if you had trouble before you will still have trouble now. There were never impossible only challenging the first time through. After you learn the place the next time you go is a cake walk. These changes alter things that were rng or annoying and actually buff some other boss fights that were too easy. Reading comprehension ftl on some of these tards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    hahahaha! i am out of this game. bye blizzard from an ex hunter player. You fail
    wait, you're quitting the game based on the difficulty of heroics, when raids are the real deal? And you're quitting when these 'nerfs' are apparently no big deal?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    What was so much fun fighting 3 overgrown pupps in a crowded space + the boss ?

Absolutly nothing. Thats why it was an optional boss that most are now skipping. Its a boring and badly designed fight. 3 or 30 pups dont add anything to the encounter.
    Comes down to personal preferrance I guess, but I liked that fight as a healer. As a dps I'd think it is quite a boring fight and you are totally right there. It's a bad design, but it's not a reason to make it a walk in the park.

This is where we should say to Blizzard:

"Hey! Fighting beauty isn't fun and it doesn't have any gimmicks or fun mechanics that would make it unique or enjoyable. So could you do something about it?"

Blizzards approach was to take off one of the puppies, which doesn't make the fight any different or more fun. What they did was really the easy way out:

"If it's bad, make it at least easy, so we can storm through it more quickly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post

========

So its taken you 4-5 months or so to progress through 10 man shit because that is the amount of time from icc release to somewhere in the 15 percent buff. Way to prove you are just full of shit.
    11/12 not 12/12 dumbfuck, think outside the box much? )

and I'm saying the amount of time we put in to actually progressing the content, and how fast it went to farmstatus.