Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah next patch things will be freaking easymode, kinda sad that a lot of us went through it when it was "HARD" but became increasingly easier as we knew the fights and strategies.

Now we are overgeared and things are jokes, after the next patch, I dunno I might start soloing the freaking things.

They need to make them all harder. Sick of all the crying little baddies complaining how hard the heroics are. They are not hard. Even with horrible gear, if you use common sense, cc properly and do as intended, you will be able to defeat every boss out there.

If you feel the need to complain that heroics are hard. Dont do them! Go do some normal instances and get some more gear first, learn the normal versions of fights, and get better at your class. Crying and b$tching about them being hard only makes you look as bad as you are. Or better yet, quit the game. Make it better for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Something that I've seen a lot of bitching about is due to the fact that heroics aren't as hard as people wanted them to be, and they think they'll be complete cakewalks in the next patch. Well, they will and should be. Heroics are meant to get you into the first tier of raiding, and offer a challenge too players of this gear level. In Wrath the issue was that heroics were NEVER challenging, and I think a lot of people are starting already to get into that mindset of the Cata heroics.
    "I'm in full 346 gear and heroics are starting to be a breeze with some common sense and CC."
    Well good, this is how it should be. Blizzard put a cap on possible valor points gained in a week for a reason, so that players don't have to do the heroic daily to get all the possible valor points they need.

You should be Pveing for the raiding content, not 5 mans.
    /end rant.
    heroics are easy

today

when i first got into the hcs with the minimum ilvl as a tank i thought to myself while running them, " hell these are some hard hitin mobs with specific tacts, i love it", now im 350+ ilvl i go into an hc and go, "hmm these mobs hit like crap, guess only thing that can kill me now is the mechanics" and this is what it should be like. once you are gearing up hcs will be hard and u will die alot if u dont respect the tacts for the trash or boss fights. once u got all the gear from hcs, reps and even some epics u will see that hcs will be piss easy with only the fight mechanincs to watch out. Hcs dont need a nerf they are ok as they are, wich is a steping stone into raiding.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeall View Post
    They need to make them all harder. Sick of all the crying little baddies complaining how hard the heroics are. They are not hard. Even with horrible gear, if you use common sense, cc properly and do as intended, you will be able to defeat every boss out there.

If you feel the need to complain that heroics are hard. Dont do them! Go do some normal instances and get some more gear first, learn the normal versions of fights, and get better at your class. Crying and b$tching about them being hard only makes you look as bad as you are. Or better yet, quit the game. Make it better for the rest of us.
    You must really hate this game to tell people to quit. The more people that quit, the more it hurts the game. I was going to explain the basics of Economics as well as the hassles of dealing with a diverse and random group of people; however, after reading your post a their time and noticing the post count is only "1", it is obvious you are trolling and as such, are not worth the time.

To those that may try to say something about this post already being in response to the one I quoted, this is a short post. Explaining the very basic concepts of Economics to someone who doesn't understand them would take a considerable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Device View Post
    ITT: Bad players who can't find a guild because they suck and thus fail at heroics
    Should stop talking about yourself so much.

On-topic, I don't think they needed any changes. Heroics are perfectly fine the way they are now.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 09:18 AM ----------

You aren't going to learn anything from the normal modes of the fights...for instance, on Ozruk in Stonecore...the fight is completely different on Heroic due to Paralyze.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Heroics are meant to get you into the first tier of raiding, and offer a challenge too players of this gear level.
    Which is why they should only drop 346 gear and not VP/JP.

well some boss mechanics cant be ignored at all so its not really a faceroll.. i mean can you stand in a aoe attack without the slightest fear of dying?

10+ Year Old Account
    The people complaining about wanting heroic nerfs are the same ones that will let their raid down when they step into those. Heroics get easier by default. They don't need nerfed.

Deleted
    It's always interesting reading people's opinions of HCs in Cata. You'll find people who said they were easy, usually due to them running it in a guild group, or running it while overgeared for the dungeon. Then you'll hear people say they're hard, who aren't in guilds or are and don't run guild HCs or they're healers and have to do more work to compensate for "baddy dps and tank" shortcomings.

So just think about that last point for a second. If you read the patch notes a little more carefully you'll see that ultimately, the changes help healers more than any other class, because at the end of the day its the healers that have to reverse the damage done to party members.

And as a healer myself it is NOT fun healing crap players who:

• are terribly undergeared (tanks in dps gear hello!)
    • don't tank adds (i.e. me getting aggro off adds from healing threat - fade has long cd!)
    • stand in the fire
    • fail to interupt
    • fail to cc
    • break cc
    • chain pulls after an already demanding trash pack (i.e. im oom)
    • some other random baddy example

And as I said in another thread recently, after a particularly demanding fight with baddies taking avoidable damage continously they'll often state it was easy, well no shit it was easy, as I carried your sorry ass!

Oh and don't forget, as a player partied with non-guildies from other servers who I'll never see again, I have a limited toolbox with which to fix a bad player - my votekick timer is 35mins currently and we all know there is a 1 kick per instance rule in place, trying to educate people tends to descend into a slagging match which makes the remaining run miserable or me getting kicked and leaving isn't practical if these sorts of issues happen every other run.

And no, guild runs aren't feasible currently as the players I play with are still in normals and I can only play late at night.

So possibly, just possibly, especially when you take into account GC's closing remarks in his recent blog post about healers giving up, that's the reason the nerfs are being rolled out, because Blizzard can't control baddies and they know healers can't either.

Just a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewmix View Post
    Yeah next patch things will be freaking easymode, kinda sad that a lot of us went through it when it was "HARD" but became increasingly easier as we knew the fights and strategies.

Now we are overgeared and things are jokes, after the next patch, I dunno I might start soloing the freaking things.
    A game would be completely pointless if at some point you didn't outgear and faceroll shit, it would defeat the purpose of getting gear in the first place. Heroics are meant to get you into raids, thereafter raiders will certainly have 0 problem with them, so unless you're some idiot who only does heroics in a casual guild, stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    A game would be completely pointless if at some point you didn't outgear and faceroll shit, it would defeat the purpose of getting gear in the first place.
    Oblivion must be completely pointless to you then. In it you can actually become weaker when you level up if you don't know how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Well said. But I am going to post this in every thread I hear about heroics being easy now. You still need to pay attention to mechanics. In wrath you could pretty much ignore the mechanics and still down the boss regardless, if you ignore them now, you will recieve an instagib or the heals spending a quarter of their mana pool healing you EACH FAIL, and the fights last long enough that you can oom the heals that way.
    I agree with this. Even if one outgears a heroic, standing in the obvious floor effects SHOULD kill them regardless. As TB said in one of his videos, there needs to be more CONSEQUENCE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I agree with this. Even if one outgears a heroic, standing in the obvious floor effects SHOULD kill them regardless. As TB said in one of his videos, there needs to be more CONSEQUENCE.
    I wish GC would actually deliver on what he said earlier about giving the group better feedback after a wipe. I appreciate this would be hard (how to distinguish broken CC for example), but I'm sure the good people at blizzard have the resources in place to deliver SOMETHING of this nature.

If such a tool could be developed, it would be awesome to couple it with a cd free kick (or even better, an autokick!) on the player if they caused a similar wipe 3 times in a row.

This consequence would surely be a deterrent to bad players from staying bad.

Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    [*]don't tank adds (i.e. me getting aggro off adds from healing threat - fade has long cd!)
    You can also help the tank by running to him if you have adds on you...just saying

10+ Year Old Account

Just because they seem easy for you dosent mean that there easy for everyone. Take for instance an acrobat who can do summersalts, backflips the lot, yet you cannont and they call those ''easy'', its exactly the same here.

I dont play the game no more and i didnt even get properly geared because i just could'nt be bothered (DC Online FTW?)

N'ways, just because its easy for you dosent mean it was easy for everyone else, what about those people who just started playing and reached the level cap on their first and only character on their account? You really think they will continue playing? If their not into PvP and the heroics to get geared for raids are too hard, they will quit.

Basically its more a ''put yourself in their shoes'' kinda moment, blizzard has nerfed them and will continue to nerf them aslong as they please. If you dont like it no-ones making you do them, as you've clearly pointed out above (the underlined part). and also here is your post changed to suit my post ====>

If you feel the need to complain that heroics are too easy. Dont do them!
    /thread

-PitchBlack.
    Last edited by PitchBlack; 2011-01-12 at 03:20 PM.

Well..it looks like the whiners got what they wanted. But let me just say this. Heroics were NEVER hard. Sure you have to CC and ff one target. All bosses have strats, you have to be able to carry your own weight. You call that hard? You must be kidding me. One thing is, even if those players get done with heroics. They'll get stuck in raids because the same thing. They can't carry their own weight, and they don't follow the strats. People will start to complain about it, and blizz will nerf them.

@ the poster above me, name me one thing that makes them hard. My guild may have decent progression, but I don't even run heroics with them. I pug every time. Every pug I got we full cleared. Why? Because I had the decency to explain the fights to the group regardless if I thought they knew it or not. Don't try to pull that bullshit that it's hard for pugs. You must just have quite a bit of bads in your groups then. People breaking CC, Low dps, healers still spamming the fast heavy heals. Tanks not using CDs. If you have people like that, that is your problem. You kick them and get someone new.

I'm pretty sure blizz even said they wanted it to be like this : Questing < Normals < Heroics < Raids I strictly remember a blue post saying this, but it was a long time ago so I'm not sure where I found it.

Man up and realize that heroics were fine how they were, if you couldn't get them down then, what makes you think you're going to down raids just because you can get heroic gear now? If you still have the same problems with low dps, innefficient mana for healers or tanks not using CDs you're still doomed to fail.
    Last edited by Mindfreakz; 2011-01-12 at 03:24 PM.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Deleted
    <No epics for casuals>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    The difference between Wotlk "Steamroll" and Cata "Steamroll" is that Wotlk was steamrolled HELLA early on, so was Naxx. Cata not so much.
    Oh please. You know what the difference between Wrath and Cata heroics being steamrolled was? ONE WEEK. In Wrath you could dominate them after about the first week in a group of familiar players, or even pugs. In Cata it took all of two weeks to get fullish 346 and just plow down any heroic you were in. In a year's time everyone is going to be crying about how easy Cata heroics were because no one is going to remember the first week of the expansion, just like no one remembers the first week of Wrath when bosses and trash could kill your tank. The problem with Cata heroics is that they are completely negated by gear. Which really isn't a problem since that is their intention. The only difficulty that remains in Cata heroics pre patch is that there are a couple mechanics that can one short the mouthbreathers. Raids are the only difference this expansion. Hopefully they aren't overly nerfed until the next tier is released and then they can feel free to nerf bat them into the ground.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pirAa View Post
    <No epics for casuals>
    You know what the difference between an epic and a blue is? About 13 stat points and purple text. Get it out of your head that epics are anything special. They aren't.

4.1 patch will likely bring us new heroics (abysal maw?) which grants higher level items and be more challenging.
    just remember wotlk heroics. heroic halls of reflection wasn't faceroll for lots of players.