Thread: Priest leveling

Priest leveling

Hello, i have started to lvl my priest from 80 - 85 now and im wondering what spec is better for dungeon healing now because im not really geared XD
    is it Disc or Holy
    and if you could explain why and mabey give me a spec build that would be great!!!

Deleted
    I would go disc check wowpopluar for a good talent tree to also gives good glyps

the main reason i would go disc is que times for dungeons.

Deleted
    heard disc is kinda mana draining atm...even more then holy
    My holy priest is about to ding 80, so i should say, go holy ;-), cuz it's fun, and not so mana draining (i think)

Also...first farm some JP in WOTLK hc's..and get yaself a t11 set, that should hold yaself for a lil while

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm levelling my second disc priest 80-85 and finding instances a lot easier to heal now, especially mana-wise. I've started out with a better spec (with my first one, I didn't have points in Train of Thought and was using Flash Heal when things started to get heavy. Sure fire way to go OOM) and got more lucky with gear drops so I think that's part of it, unless they've made things a lot easier now. At the moment I'm able to keep everyone alive and end boss fights with ~half my mana.

Deleted
    Definitely Holy Priest. Really easy to keep tanks up with chakra: serenity and flash heal spamming (which also keeps your mana above 90%) and a TON of strong aoe abilities when dps play bad/there's a lot of unavoidable damage.

Holy Priests are great since they have so many different interesting spells, you always feel there are ways to improve your healing efficiency even more, making them really fun to play.

In wrath, holy were raid healers and discs were tank healers, but since cata, I feel holy is superior in both areas. You can't heal singletarget as strong as a disc, but you don't need to because of HP buffs in cata, and you can do it more effectively.

disc is fine until you hit 84 and the high level dungeons (city, gb, HoO) and then it becomes a little too draining, it was at this point that I switched over to holy, having never been holy ever. Took a couple of runs to get used to it but i'm fine now especially if i can convince my party to drink from my lightwell...

also to tobberoth, flash heal spamming? are you serious? it costs an inordinate amount of mana these days and only gets more expensive as you go. at 85 it costs 5k mana, hardly a spell that can be "spammed".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Definitely Holy Priest. Really easy to keep tanks up with chakra: serenity and flash heal spamming (which also keeps your mana above 90%) .
    What the...? Just... what the...?

To the OP, don't listen to this advice, not sure what this person is on, but I'd sure like some of it myself!

Deleted
    Shadow while questing/grinding
    Disc/holy when queuing for dungeons.

I say go Shadow to make your life easier.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"