Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbez View Post
    I would take any of your CC's, pre or post nerf. Rogues have .... Blind. Let's see:

Droods
    Cyclone: 1.7 sec cast, no CD
    Roots: 1.7 sec cast, no CD
    Glyphed: Insta cast, 5 sec CD

Rogues:
    Blind: insta cast, 3 minute CD

Life's tough!

^_^
    Roots, provided the current change goes through, will no longer be instant cast, even with the glyph.
    Roots, regardless of who it's cast on, does not disorient players. Ranged players can still attack, and melee's usually have some form of snare breaking, and I wouldn't know personally, but a lot of them (paladins especially) either have spammable snare breakers, or snare breaking buffs, that make them immune.

Cyclone - It's nice. But by no means great. They can't do anything to me, but I can't do anything to them. Don't get me wrong, it's the best CC we've got IMO, but those of "mutual immunity" kinda suck. If it was like fear, and damage broke the cyclone, then I'd be much happier.

Besides, rogues may not have that many forms of CC (I'm pretty sure stuns are CC too btw. Just really short duration CC's) but you have a lot of... self control skills. And by that, I mean skills that make you immune, or very unlikely to be hit by melee/spells, or moves that remove you from combat and pop you back into stealth which in the right situations, is a get out of jail free card.

Deleted
    lol So I dont need to be a top team to get gladiator title, I just need to be above certain rating depending on top ratings of a season, so with other words, I need to be a team with top rating, NOT A TOP TEAM, because that certaing rating is there exactly for that. Nice, its all pretty clear now, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Roots, provided the current change goes through, will no longer be instant cast, even with the glyph.
    Roots, regardless of who it's cast on, does not disorient players. Ranged players can still attack, and melee's usually have some form of snare breaking, and I wouldn't know personally, but a lot of them (paladins especially) either have spammable snare breakers, or snare breaking buffs, that make them immune.

Cyclone - It's nice. But by no means great. They can't do anything to me, but I can't do anything to them. Don't get me wrong, it's the best CC we've got IMO, but those of "mutual immunity" kinda suck. If it was like fear, and damage broke the cyclone, then I'd be much happier.

Besides, rogues may not have that many forms of CC (I'm pretty sure stuns are CC too btw. Just really short duration CC's) but you have a lot of... self control skills. And by that, I mean skills that make you immune, or very unlikely to be hit by melee/spells, or moves that remove you from combat and pop you back into stealth which in the right situations, is a get out of jail free card.
    Most people do overlook the validity of cyclone's immunity and down play it by not considering it prevents healing and mana restorative abilities on the target. It's amazing for setting up swaps.

Solution: Make it cause roots to be instant as balance, and reduce cast time as feral/resto.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

all the cool kids r rolling kitty spec anyways...so who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Most people do overlook the validity of cyclone's immunity and down play it by not considering it prevents healing and mana restorative abilities on the target. It's amazing for setting up swaps.
    I do agree with this, and that's what I use it for typically, but that's why I said it "kinda sucks". I guess saying that it's less than satisfactory depending on the situation, would have been a much better choice of words.

I love cyclone though, I just think it's extremely situational (in terms of usefulness) when compared to some other CCs. But if that warrior is running as fast as he can to help me, and I need just a few seconds, cyclone is without a doubt amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunderz View Post
    Solution: Make it cause roots to be instant as balance, and reduce cast time as feral/resto.
    I think I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufitoom View Post
    I am not going to get my feathers into a bunch until I actually see what they do. The way I look at it, I rocked pvp before instant roots, I'll do it after but with all the other classes having crazy cc's, it would be nice to at least keep the little one we have that is instant.
    Yeah, I've always been tops (or only) heals and a major PITA in PVP, I don't plan on changing because blizz wants to be an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they rethink this change, I just don't get it. If it's based on a PvE encounter exploit like has been referenced in this thread, then fix the encounter. I don't PvP and I loathe how fixing PvP spills over into my PvE, but that doesn't mean I get a kick out of watching a PvE fix spill over into PvP. It's a flawed system and like more than a few members of the WoW community, I think that spells should be affected differently based on if it's PvP or PvE. They're already starting the slow steps to this by limiting CC to 8 seconds in PvP, it's only a matter of time before they start 'fixing' other spells for every class to be differentiated between PvE and PvP utility. When they do something like this (the roots change) though, it sort of diminishes the faith I have in their ability to find the right way to do it.
    Last edited by Hoopajoo; 2011-01-13 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Starfall buffed->Nerfed to shit, [x] check
    Thorns buffed->Nerfed to shit, [x] check
    Entangle buffed->Nerfed to shit, [x] check
    FoN shit forever,
    Typhoon shit forever,
    Soothe buffed->Nefed->buffed, [x] check
    Mushrooms buffed to shit, [x] check
    Barkskin-> buffed but irelevant, [x] check

Missing:
    Solar beam
    Berzerk nerfed because Ferals could already shapeshift out of roots, [x] check
    Shapeshifting out of roots nerfed because ?, [x] check

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    @PVP-boys: this change has nothing to do with PVP balance. It is a PVE change. I understand you guys don't follow what's going on, but Paragon's kill of Nefarian in Heroic mode brought up that change.

For once, gladiators have to suffer game changes because of raiders. Oh, the irony.
    I read about that but instead of nerfing all Druids in 99% of PvE and 100% of PvP because of one boss did it not occur to anybody that making those adds immune to roots might be the wiser choice?

I have to admit, any time I see a Boomkin in arena, I pretty much breath a sigh of relief because I know it's going to be a joke, and most of the time I leave feeling pretty bad, because that person could have been trying his best and really.. just... nothing.. :\ I've always felt a little sorry for Boomkins (at least as long as I've been playing, can't speak from before this) in PvP, and this change just makes that even worse. (Ferals and Resto are different story... /shakefist)

Quote Originally Posted by rxblacky View Post
    Can you please find a single moonkin in top positions in 2c2 or 3c3 ladder? If you do so, can you count hoy many you found? btw if you havent played a moonkin.... well nvm that explains a lot of things.
    If you think that Moonkins can be in the top position and that instant roots change is preventing them from being there, I think I can safely say you're fucking retarded.

User was banned for this post
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-01-13 at 06:52 PM.

Everyone here seems to believe that this is a pve nerf because paragon stocked druids for their nefarian hc kill.
    as far as i am aware the reason that paragon did this was because with the buff from the mind control their ferals rip was doing like 500k dmg per tick.

Why none of you guys doesn't believe that this might actually be a pvp nerf.and everyone that has been instant rooted within solar beam without a trinket can clearly understand why they are nerfing it.

Lets say you are a healer and you are like cycloned-cycloned-cycloned in most cases you can't just stay 3 times in a row in cyclone because 99% your team8s will be screwed.so a healer at some point propably will need to break a cyclone with his trinket.And then boom it comes instant roots+solar beam =have fun watching your team losing.

If now consider the other 1000 reasons that can make a healer or a caster to use his trinket any half decent balance druid just does the instant root+solar beam combo and takes the oposite player out of combat for a good amount of time while it doesn't really requires any skill to execute this combo just force the oponent to use his trinket and then pew pew.

maybe balance druids are not in the best place for pvp atm but this doesn't mean they must have an op combo of skills.