Poll: Are heroics in need of nerfing?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks View Post
    Your problem is assuming you're in the majority. I'd honestly believe the majority of WoW players haven't even completed all of the heroics yet with a large portion still having yet to even go into a heroic.
    im casual player, far from harcore raider. i raid once per week for two hours, downed 6/12 and im not in hurry. But probably yeah im not in majority, beacause majority cant click 5 buttons in right order. bBt those people deserve to wipe in HC for 5 hours
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Okay, heroics aren't returning to wrath level, in wrath heroics, you could ignore all mechanics and faceroll the boss down, now, if you don't ignore mechanics, you get slapped, its that simple. Take blitz in grim batol for instance, or throngus's shield, stalactites on slabhide, rock shards on azil, the grounding field on asaad, I could name more. You have to pay attention to those, or you will die, it is that simple. In wrath, no similar abilities were capable of doing enough damage to instagib a player like these can, and that is why cata heroics are harder regardless.

Of course if you pay attention and follow mechanics, and you can cheese the entire thing, but that is because you followed mechanics! Also, blight of ozumat nerf was sorta needed, only halfway through ozumat's health a tranq couldn't outheal the blight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Why nerf them when ppl start to get good gear, say that anyone has bad gear and gets a random, there will still be enough well gear players to copy with that.
    If change them, make them harder....

dont care, hc´s werent that hard anyway.

but if my daily mantatory run through a hc is alittle quicker im not gonna complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    I think RNG hates me.
    I have had worse... Getting life drained on ammunae at least half the times, twice during starfalls. I have more stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I think that the difficulty of Heroics are pretty solid. The only things I would like to see change are the que times (i dont want o spend all 2 hours per dungeon...), the length of them (I would prefer them to be a little shorter but still considerably longer then the WoTLK ones). Other than that i think people should get on their shit and lrn2play so people that want to get through them at an average pace atleast dont have to waste their time/gold on repairs because 1 person doesn't feel like doing what their supposed to...

The only heroic that needs any sort of attention is ToT, who last boss can often times be untargetable unless you setup a /tar macro for it..sometimes you can't even see him depending on where you're standing.. That's more of a graphics / camera side effect however, and not a fight mechanic.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronius View Post
    You are all full 346 and it takes you 5 hours to clear 2 heroics? Hyperbole much, or you probably wont have 40 hours to clear raid content?
    LFD can be a cruel mistress. 4 hours to get my valor points yesterday. 40 min in queue, just to enter Tol'vir and wipe 5 times on the 3rd boss because the tank seemed to not understand the mechanics. 1 hour, 20 minutes gone.

Re queue. Another 40 minutes (up to 2 hours now), and into ToT, which took about 2 hours to clear, after considering numerous mistakes by numerous people (and votekicks happening).

So yeah, guild runs are nice and all, but they're not always available.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Heroics should scale with the group's average ilevel. That would allow them to remain difficult, and let Blizzard adjust the "issues" without reducing the intensity of each fight. Okay, Baron Ashbury forgets how to heal. Oh, but wait, with a group average ilvl of 345+ means he'll be mind flaying the utter crap out of people.
    This is what bethesda is having problems with. Whats the point of gaining levels and improving your character if it doesnt become more powerful than enemies simply because enemies scale with it?
    Huge part of fun in RPGs comes from the fact that after improving your character it can do things and beat enemies that it couldnt beat before

Whats the point of crafting epics, farming new gear etc if you are equally efficient in greens as in latest tier epic gear?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Yay this again! XD

Ugg they'll get easier over time. Lets just suffer through this madness of kicking, whining and wipes and let nature take its course later. =P

Although there were a FEW fights and pulls that were just plain unfair for certain group setups... : / I will admit that and you guys should too.

I think a little tuning on the fights, which them seem to be doing in 4.0.6, is a good thing. Some heroics or bosses are definitely harder than others. I really don't see half a second more to interrupt a cast or dodge an ability to be that huge of a nurf. You still have to do the mechanic correctly, you just don't have to be quite as quick to react to it. I'd even say that the beauty change is as much about making the fight possible for group make up's that don't have a lot of CC as it is just nurfing the fight. If you had enough CC to do it with 3 pups, only having 2 pups doesn't make it much easier but if you had very limited CC available having only 2 adds instead of 3 is a huge change and makes it's difficulty much closer to that of a group that has cc instead of stupidly hard.
    Last edited by evan_s; 2011-01-12 at 06:17 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    No No No NO! Leave it beee!

~Spazzer

10+ Year Old Account
    Make them harder - I'm wearing no raid gear and neither is my guild and we don't use CC and clear all (cept DM SFK Grim Batol) in 40-50mins, those 3 takes about an hour. Our guild is simply rich and bought ourself half the gear. Money shouldn't help THAT much, it's not like we're bad players but we're not far from the best.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

BUFFFF THEMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUFFFF THEMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i want to bang my head in frustration on how hard it is!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, some of the nerfs were really unnecessary (Throne of Tides for example) but one I kind of like is the adds on the Erudax fight moving slower. Bad comps in pugs is a guaranteed wipe fest in there...hate Grim Batol so much...but that's just my opinion. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I can agree with a few of them such as giveing a visual indicator on ozruk's shatter. I'm still not sure how far away I actualy need to be while tanking that, I just run like hell till he starts moving agian. most of the ones reduceing mechanics to alow some screwups seem pointless though, they are not that hard if you pay attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your polls is not good because of the text in the YES option.

Good poll look like this:
    YES.
    NO.
    MAYBE.

Bad poll look like this;
    NO because I'm L33t
    Yes because I'm a noob
    Maybe blahlah

You encourage people to vote WHAT you want.