New sockets in crafted items

Professions

* A socket has been added to all crafted epic armor pieces that did not already have one.

Does anyone have the new item stats for any of these profession recipes? Just curious how the stats on them will change, the socket colours and the bonuses. Wowhead doesnt seem updated with the changes yet.

Oh, if i'd know that i'd buy that plate belt! Gonna be more expensive now :S

Deleted
    As far as i am aware the stats won't change.
    As for the socket bonus and colours, no idea. Though i would guess at this stage it would be prismatic.

Just checked the LW recipes on PTR and they don't have sockets in belts and chests yet. Same for Bsmiths.
    I currently use the crafted mail agi belt and it doesn't have a new socket as well.

Deleted
    Don't listen to Ruga, He's full of it you know!

hai friend

I certainly hope already made ones will have the socket grandfathered in, seeing as I'm wearing two pieces of epic crafted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Just checked the LW recipes on PTR and they don't have sockets in belts and chests yet. Same for Bsmiths.
    I currently use the crafted mail agi belt and it doesn't have a new socket as well.
    Hope this is a last minute thing they are putting in then, which didn't make it into the PTR. The raid drops of similar level seem to me a lot more generous with stats when you take gems into account

Deleted
    Do you know if already crafted items will be granted with bonus socket also? I have chest, belt and shield crafted, and crafting it again would be stupid.

Lovely, my characters will be pleased.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kontuad View Post
    Do you know if already crafted items will be granted with bonus socket also? I have chest, belt and shield crafted, and crafting it again would be stupid.
    They kind of have to add them to existing items as well, otherwise they would put anyone who got them before the patch at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontuad View Post
    At least, in WotLk they added the socket to the spyked titanium helmet with one of the first patches and yes, the already crafted ones got their socket too.

Btw, does "All crafted armor pieces" include the shields?
    I doubt that, but it would be cool.
    Last edited by Deathmotron; 2011-01-12 at 09:48 AM.
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

Deleted
    Btw, does "All crafted armor pieces" include the shields?
    I doubt that, but it would be cool.
    I would hope so after seeing this.

* Enchanting: Enchant Off-Hand - Superior Intellect now increases intellect by 40, down from 100.

I hope this applies to engineering goggles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
    I hope this applies to engineering goggles as well.
    Doubtful, seeing as they already contain cogwheel sockets, whereas the other crafted items have none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellemental View Post
    Doubtful, seeing as they already contain cogwheel sockets, whereas the other crafted items have none.
    Yeah but the Cogwheel sockets only make up for the fact its missing 2 stats to begin with. Should be a gem socket on it too.

Will this apply only to new crafts or will all epic craft ables in game change and have a socket?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    The raid drops of similar level seem to me a lot more generous with stats when you take gems into account
    While I believe raid drops should always have better stats than crafted items, the crafted ones certainly need a bump just to be competitive against the JP ones for some classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it rather obvious that they apply the change to already crafted items. They merely edit an existing item. Not adding new one with totally new item ID and all the stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people