Anyone got a use for tanks in PVP yet?

I was hopeing that in cataclysm there would become a use for tanks in pvp..

I'm still waiting at the Arathi basin blacksmith, dreaming of the day!

Easy fix to make tanks useful = Make it so that no one can walk through tanks when in PVP.
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home

Quote Originally Posted by Stockli View Post
    Easy fix to make tanks useful = Make it so that no one can walk through tanks when in PVP.
    Lame.

Pick up a flag, force two healers to keep you up and wait for EFC to die.

Or stack some DPS gear and slaughter people
    SARCASM
    Because it translates well in text.

I would advice you to watch some youtube video's of Towelliee the paladin tauren.
    He is rather good in pvp, for a tank ofcourse. he is quite usefull, he silences casters with AS.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockli View Post
    I was hopeing that in cataclysm there would become a use for tanks in pvp..

I'm still waiting at the Arathi basin blacksmith, dreaming of the day!

Tanks are useful in PVP though? their damage is quite respectable now and you have alot of utility to keep yourself alive. If your playing a warrior you can do fairly decent damage and have lots of utility for slowing down the enemy, locking down healers and keeping your team mates alive (I.e keeping the enemy off the healer). if your playing a paladin then you have good damage and alot of utility as well.

Tanks make excellent flag carriers so thats EOTS, WSG and TP you are good in.
    Tanks make excellent defenders at bases as they can survive for a long period of time while help arrives so thats you good at EOTS, AB, gilneas,
    Tanks can well tank : AV and IOC
    Tanks can drive tanks! : SOTA

So yup useful in all bgs!

Titan
    If you've not figured out that tanks have their own place in PvP yet, maybe it's not for you?

We're not just cannon fodder. We're the one who can run into a group of enemies, and keep them busy. Healers permitting, you could even take them down. Their healers will go OOM when focused, and burning in some AoE damage, albeit not that much, will cause them to need to heal people even more. Once they're oom, they'll either pop a regen CD (which should be interrupted if possible) or run around waiting for natural regen. At that point, focus on the DPS around you, as killing the healer will essentially give them full mana when they res. Keep them in combat, and when they start healing again from natural regen, switch back to them.

Healers can't kill tanks this time (like they could in Wrath -- All while keeping themselves completely topped). The tables have turned and while they still maintain some CC and some damage, their healing and regen isn't so far ahead that you've got no hope of killing them while they slowly kill you with DoT's and random damage bursts (e.g. SW:P, Dev.Plague, Exorcism Spam, Flame Shock + LB, etc).

Basically, tanks can kill anything that moves. We're the best base defense and flag carriers. Having 2 healers is advisable as 1 will keep you alive, but 2 will keep all 3 of you alive. Mana regen and CC becomes much easier too. Our damage is sufficient. It's not crazy high and there's no real burst like in Wrath (unless you've got all cd's up and all abilities available, like the now infamous - Wings + Inquis. + Sacred Duty > CS - CS - CS - ShoR - AS combo), but we've got more sustainable damage, and much better damage reduction.
    [...]

I've been against prot pally/war in 2's. They took us by surprise more than anything, plus the facts that holy priests have tendency of folding when being focused by anyone and that sub don't do much damage against plate, and even less against plate with shields ^_^

Not sure how the fight would of gone if we were to meet them again, but what they lacked in damage, they compensated in control and damage resistance.
    Ashes to ashes, fade and rust, your mind be broken, your body to dust