Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    The only reason I can venture for why you would need a cancelaura macro is to be able to cast Chastise if you are currently in Serenity or Sanctuary.
    ^ This. If you cast Chakra and use an activation spell, it changes your chakra state. No need to cancelaura.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotormon View Post
    I would recommend against taking skill points out of the chakra lengthening talent.
    For me, I find that talent to be useful, as I can stay in one chakra state, yet have another ready to go and off CD. Since heal chakra is essentially free (as mana regens faster than the cost), I'll keep that up and be able to pop sanctuary in an emergency whenever I need to, rather than having to do so as soon as chakra state drops, risking being in one wrong state or the other for too long or too short.
    Furthermore, with the 4pc set bonus in T11 (chakra state grants static 540 spi), you always want to be in some state or another, with no downtime, even a second, in deciding what you need to do next. The 60 sec duration/30 sec cooldown, combined with lengthening talents, makes chakra a less clumsy mechanic, IMHO.
    Keeping chakra up 24/7 would take a superemly minimum of effort when it become a 60 sec duration and 30 second cooldown. All I would have to do to keep it up all the time is push the chakra button once in that 30 second window, right before casting a spell corresponding to the chakra I wish to be in. If you feel you need the talents, its lazyness not actual need. You want to not push 1 extra button in a 30 second window.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    The reason this was, and will not be implemented, is because the developers, esp Greg Street, hate persistent "forms" that they must balance around. Priests have been asking forever for a "holy form," citing both shadowform and treeform as precedent. The response to this what an unequivocal "NO," in which the developers stated that it is not their intention for a healer to be "in form" in order to be as good as another healer, which does not have a form. As such, treeform is now a CD and holyform was given cement shoes and dropped in the East River.

While I like your idea, the developers have, in no uncertain terms, 100% shotdown the possibility of "stances" or "forms" for priests.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 12:13 PM ----------

AA initially was designed to allow Penance to be castable while moving. It was on the tooltips during Alpha, however, the functionality was never implemented.

Chakra is by any standard a "stance" already. Even though its not persistent its an "always on" ability which essentially is a "stance", since its powerfull enaugh to be gameplay defining. Strength wise they are up there with shadow form. Even though they did not give us "holy form", the chakra states is essentialy just that.. 2 "forms" for holy. They are forced to balance priests around keeping one or the other chakra active at all times. This is from a PvE standpoint, in PvP it may be it can be dispelled..
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2011-01-13 at 09:52 AM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Why would you need to cancelaura Chakra? You can just move instantly into the next Chakra state from the other assuming the ability Chakra is off CD and you cast the appropriate spell to activate the new Chakra.
    Unless this is some uber-macro technique I do not understand, as my macros go as far as a shadowfiend+attack macro I copied from somewhere else :3
    Maybe european servers are on another quantum state, but if my chakra state is running and my chakra spell is offCD, i still have to right-clic the buff to cancel it before being able to switch state. having a single action button canceling the buff and recasting chakra is simply faster...

I'm still convinced that we are still at the beginning of a budding evolution for the priest class based around states of mind (stances, forms, whatever)