WoW balance - how to make all players happy?

Im really tired about all this flaming on forums...
    Im reading about all this class nerfs QQ, about heroics nerfs QQ, pvp nerfs/buffs, elitists vs casuals vs scrubs vs normals vs retards vs etc. - you get the point

So, suggestion:

1. Make separate realms - PVE elitist realms and casual realms (LFD tool looks for groups only from elitist realms or only from casual realm)
    - if casuals and elitists dont meet, they cant argue

2. Make PVE and PVP versions of WoW - (biggest prob of WOW - balancing between pvp and pve)
    - you can either PVE or PVP at same time
    - "balancing" classes usually means destroying PVE or PVP component of the class, leading to endless chain of flaming and qq

I just want everyone to be happy and talk about nice things here on forums and ingame, not rage on eachother....

Sorry that just simply doesn't work.

1. The players are unable to decide themself if they're elitst or not. And being an elitist doesn't make you a good player, so players who think they're great and know everything best but actually have no clue would totally ruin this concept.

2. WoW is no PvP game. It would basically need a complete new game to justify an own "pvp version".

These things have been discussed over and over and have been proven unrealistic.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

You can please some of the people, all of the time.

You can please all of the people, some of the time.

But you cant please all of the people, all of the time.

The way WoW is set up right now is fine. The sales and subscription figures are evidence of that.

More difficulty settings for instances would be a better solution for the elitist/casual problem. I think it worked out great for raids, but I think 5 mans needs a casual and an elite setting as well. (Right now normal is just a levelling setting, rather than a casual setting)

Regarding the PvP/PvE problem, I don't think separating them too much is a good idea. I prefer it if they feel like I'm playing the same game with the same abilities etc. There are also plenty of people who play one aspect hardcore and the other casually. Some even put a lot of time into both aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2011-01-12 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Separate talent trees for pvp and pve:
    PVP tree you can only enter bg's or arenas.
    PVE tree you can enter in 5mans and raids.

Wouldn't that just make the balancing problem fade away?

Deleted
    Say there was an "elitist" realm, where all the "elites" played.

I don't know, but uhm.. I'd totally play on one of them servers. You know why? Because elites play good and pro, wich means that I would clear content without problem. I'm no elitist and I think that other players like me would get the same idea. You see where this is going?