Thread: Shammy tanks

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shammy tanks

I really think that shammys could become tanks we have a few spells that would help us like rockbiter ice shock but the only things we are missin is crit cap and a taunt so i think blizz so try to make shammys tanks it would put a twist on shammys =)

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try that out, the idea is amazing and i dont know why no other shaman has ever thought about this.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

ew. how to shammys even make sense to tank from a lore or general feel of the class perspective? Thinking of a shammy pulling a boss and dropping totems by its feet for survival sounds stupid

Unleash Elements rockbiter is taunt I believe. But yeah, it would be a cool feature. It should of course be in the enhancement tree, much like Feral Druids, and if blizzard wanted they could easily make us tanks. I would still prolly be enha dps
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Deleted
    We shamans do have a taunt these days, but you need to be lvl 82-83 (not exactly sure) to use it. Try imbue your wep with rockbiter, it will increse your threat and decrease your dmg taken + when "Unleash Elements" you will Taunt.

shield =/= tank

Me and my guildies where talkin about this if you stop and think right now Enh shammys put out stupid aggro so why not change that into makin them be able to tank. im sure we all get sick of lookin at the same old pally DK war and druid tanks. shammy tanks would be fun mail gear that has high amount of stam def block sounds fun to me we wouldnt have to roll plate gear and take away from the DK war and pally tanks and for that matter we wouldnt have to take leather gear from the druid tanks. but about the rockbiter weapon it acts as a small taunt but it dont steal the show from the other tank like other taunts do so we need a taunt that would make the boss/mob attack us but it would be sweet to shammy tank
    Last edited by grimreaper01151990; 2011-01-12 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagginz View Post
    We shamans do have a taunt these days, but you need to be lvl 82-83 (not exactly sure) to use it. Try imbue your wep with rockbiter, it will increse your threat and decrease your dmg taken + when "Unleash Elements" you will Taunt.
    Even though everyone keeps calling it a Taunt, it's not a taunt. It's a distract. It just forces the target to attack you for the duration of the debuff (5 sec), and after that it continues attacking the person highest on threat list. The tank Taunts also move you to the top of the threat list - Distracting Shot and UE:Rockbiter does not.

On topic: this has been suggested more than enough, and Blizzard has made it clear that they will not do it.
    "The Insane" is the Everest of WoW.
    Why would anyone want to do it? Because it's there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    You should try that out, the idea is amazing and i dont know why no other shaman has ever thought about this.
    I love the sarcasm :P

OT: its been done before, go youtube and search for Shaman tank karazhan.

I have to admit, I love tanking, and I Love my enhance shammy alt.... but no. This game doesn't need another tank class, it would be hard as hell to balance. But I will admit, it would be fun as hell.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

Deleted
    ./sigh at this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shamans could tank for a little while in vanilla or beta I thought?
    ...and dont say "but the lore!!!" that doesn't mean shit.

Deleted
    This idea is actual quit good, When i bought vanilla wow there was still an printed manual coming with it. the manual stated that Shaman could be offtanks (one of the reasons i rolled a shaman back than) so it was intended in the first place
    Last edited by mmoc082361febf; 2011-01-12 at 03:02 PM.

i mean why would they put stuff in like rock biter weapon and frost shock (causes high amount of threat) just to make it look like they wanna make us tanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rystine View Post
    ./sigh at this thread.
    ./sigh at you for posting in this thread without knowing any background information nor adding something valuable to this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    rockbiter weapon, unleash elements and frost shock... guaranteed pull off your main tank!

If a shammy were to tank, Enhancement would have the easiest time at it b/c of the lack of casting
    times on so many of their spells. One could easily reforge gear to gain dodge/parry and tank some situations yes
    but I doubt we'll ever see one in a heroic LOL

on a side note... i love using rockbiter when our raid starts to wipe just for a giggle
    BUT remember to refresh your previous weapon enchant so you don't pull on your next attempt.
    (I never did that, no, never... the tank is lying if he tells you I did that, I SWEAR!!) LOL xD

Deleted
    Enh shaman are already able to off tank a bit. i saved quit a lot tanks with popping spirit wolfs and furious howl. and even if the tank died we still managed to down a few bosses with me as enh shaman tanking the last bit of the fight by poppin shamanistic rage, spirit wolfs and furious howl/ kite last part by popping the run speed increase from my wolves

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper01151990 View Post
    i mean why would they put stuff in like rock biter weapon and frost shock (causes high amount of threat) just to make it look like they wanna make us tanks
    Just to fuck with Shamans mostly. If you follow the history of Shamans they often say one thing and do the exact opposite. For instance, they nerfed our ability to tank at the beginning of Cata, constantly stating that Shaman aren't intended to be tanks. What do they do then? Give us a ranged distract and an imbue increasing threat, both of which can be seen as very key tanking abilities. I wouldn't be offended if they made Shaman able to tank again, at least as long as they don't make a dedicated tree for it unless they add 4th talent trees, by making Enhance similar to Feral. The only tools Shaman need are an armor modifier, crit prevention, secondary mastery, maybe additional threat modifiers, and some avoidance mechanics. They already have a solid tanking cd in SR, solid self healing ability in MW, Wolves which essentially act as a mitigation cooldown through their heals and their taunt. Maybe make Rockbiter able to be imbued to a shield so we could still use WF on your MH for threat and give a new aoe threat ability (cough baseline EQ) and Shaman would be good to go.

Also there is/was a sticky thread for all of this discussion. This thread will probably be locked fairly soon sadly.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    shield =/= tank
    Ever heard of Death Knights or Feral Druids?

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper01151990 View Post
    For kiting. Get initial aggro to pull away from the tank, then Frost Shock while you run away. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Upsimus View Post
    Ever heard of Death Knights or Feral Druids?
    =/= means 'does not equal'. So he's saying just because a Shaman can use a shield, doesn't make them a tank.